Ultimate Fantastic Four #25 (Spoilers/Discussion)

Guijllons said:
It's ****ty because he traces, he can't act and a great deal of the expressions are totally over the top and inappropriate. I don't see any beauty in that at all. That shocked end page seemed to be the one time he did try to improvise with Sue's expression and we had her looking as though she was about to start drooling. The guy is about as creative as a wedding photographer - maybe I should suggest it to him.

While Hitch clearly uses reference material and sometimes more than once (which is shoddy, yeah) he is creative with it, he can tell a story and he can absolutely invoke the right mood and all the women don't look like they are desperate to show you their tits.

Oh, another Land self copy is Sue's big 'telekinetic' fit in #24, and her pushing Namor away in... the very next issue. If you're gonna copy an image, make it one that didn't take up nearly an entire page and wasn't noticeable by its ridiculousness.

Turn on your sarcasmeter, buddy. I don't really think it's "BEAUTIFUL", it's just nice looking. The images are nice looking, but therein lies the problem! I mean, he can draw real purdy pictures, but he can't tell a darn story with em. And Sue's mom is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hot to be her mom.
I'm guessing their big secret is that Sue's mom isn't Sue's mom, or even worse, that Sue is a clone of her mom!! Nah, I'm just messing around.

Oh and, another example of Land's bad art, in #25 we see Dr Storm getting all cranky on the boat saying something like, "What're you doing standing around here and gaping? My daughter and her friends are trapped underwater! Do something!" and yet he's smiling. Does Land even read the damn lines when he draws the pictures!??

Nas

This issue was just ok. I still don't find Millar's writing suitable for the Four, but what can I do? 7 more issues...

I thought the only good part about this was the surprise ending and Namor. I really like Namor's character.

I liked the Mini-mates. They were fun.

And Namor being a prisoner is too cool.

Wasn't Dr. Molekevic kicked out of the Baxter Building for experimenting with creating life? And now Reed is doing it and it's a-okay?

Nice continuity, Millar. :roll:

Doc Comic said:
Wasn't Dr. Molekevic kicked out of the Baxter Building for experimenting with creating life? And now Reed is doing it and it's a-okay?

Excellent point.

Doc Comic said:

That's exactly it.

Reed can do whatever he wants. He is Baxter building now that all the other super brains have been moved out.

Dr Storm has been telling Reed to stop being reckless for sevreal issues now but he keeps it up. And what is he gonna do, huh?

Last edited:
On a totally unrelated note, I was wondering how other readers pronounce Namor's name?

I've always pronounced it as "Nay-More" but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be "Nah-More". I dunno. How do you guys say it?

Nas

Nas-T! said:
On a totally unrelated note, I was wondering how other readers pronounce Namor's name?

I've always pronounced it as "Nay-More" but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be "Nah-More". I dunno. How do you guys say it?

Nas

"Nay-More."

It sounds better that way.

Nas-T! said:
Turn on your sarcasmeter, buddy.
You suck at sarcasm.
Oh and, another example of Land's bad art, in #25 we see Dr Storm getting all cranky on the boat saying something like, "What're you doing standing around here and gaping? My daughter and her friends are trapped underwater! Do something!" and yet he's smiling. Does Land even read the damn lines when he draws the pictures!??

Nas
Answer: No. He's just thinking about how well they'll look in their photo album.

Doc Comic said:

Nice continuity, Millar. :roll:

Molekevic was creating life, as opposed to Reed cloning and mutating it. If scientists all over the world are doing it, why not Reed?

TheManWithoutFear said:
And someone tell me what was with Namor's remark to Johnny about his hair. Namor's got the worst haircut in comic history.

Nah, Johnny definitly had the worst haircut in comic history, whereas Absorbing Man has the best!

Hold on, I thought the minimates (or whatever) were just hard light projections? They're no more "alive" than the computer system used to run them. While the differences between biochemical life and a system that approximates the same qualities aren't really any different, I do understand why Molekevic's creations were regarded differently.

Guijllons said:
Hold on, I thought the minimates (or whatever) were just hard light projections? They're no more "alive" than the computer system used to run them. While the differences between biochemical life and a system that approximates the same qualities aren't really any different, I do understand why Molekevic's creations were regarded differently.

I thought the Minimates were real live beings.

DIrishB said:
Molekevic was creating life, as opposed to Reed cloning and mutating it. If scientists all over the world are doing it, why not Reed?
So in their eyes, it's okay to clone Hitler and mutate him into a godly metahuman, as long as you're not making a psycho from scratch.

UltimateE said:
I thought the Minimates were real live beings.
Reed says that they're "Embryonic Ultimates [he] was growing in a virtual petri dish from hard light reflections of the original team" (I just looked it up)
Why the language is ambiguous and very probably purposefully so, thus blurring the line between what is alive classically and what is a simulation of life, I do believe that they're on the simulation end of life rather than something that would automatically cause moral uproar.
Key word being "virtual".

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
Reed says that they're "Embryonic Ultimates [he] was growing in a virtual petri dish from hard light reflections of the original team" (I just looked it up)
Why the language is ambiguous and very probably purposefully so, thus blurring the line between what is alive classically and what is a simulation of life, I do believe that they're on the simulation end of life rather than something that would automatically cause moral uproar.
Key word being "virtual".

So its Reed's own version of Nintendogs?

Latest posts

Back