"Ultimate" Greatest Hits

Goodwill

Hey I was just wondering what you guys thought was the greatest Ultimate moment in all of the Ultimate titles so far... There are a lotta things, too!

I just wanted to say that I thought Ultimate Cyke joining the Brotherhood was probably the coolest.

I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but Cap whoopin' some ass on Super Skrull, saying that the A on his head doesn't stand for France comes to mind.

Oh, lol. That joke doesn't make sense to me... Why would an A stand for France anyway? It was silly on Millar's part. He tries to be too political. However, that fight scene was amazing! I really liked the panels that Hitch drew... It was a play be play of all of the hard hits and they didn't stop for a good three pages.

That joke doesn't make sense to me... Why would an A stand for France anyway? It was silly on Millar's part. He tries to be too political.

I think it makes sense to you and you just don't realize it. :wink:

I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but Cap whoopin' some ass on Super Skrull, saying that the A on his head doesn't stand for France comes to mind.

Is that really the ultimate super skrull or were you just saying that?

Is that really the ultimate super skrull or were you just saying that?

It's implied. They said in the book that they were known in parts of the galaxy as Skrulls, and he is the leader, so most people assume he is the Ultimate equivilant of Super Skrull.

Yeah, however, he is more like the Red Skull

I've seen others claim that, but to me the only similarity is that he was involved in WW2. He even says he is a Skrull when he's talking to Wasp.

Super Skrull wasnt the leader of the skrulls tho. I think that guy is a ultimate only guy. Like Geldoff

1. Kleisner was original ultimate, not super-skrull, in my eyes, but he is merely a plot device in my eyes (in order to give the srkull a face), compared to gelldorf, who might become a character in his own rights (if he ever came back into any story). I didn't like gelldorf very much, though.
2. The joke is about the following:
France surrendered to Germany very quickly during WW2. Since that happened only recently from Cap's point of view, it makes sence.
Plus: we've been laughing our ash off about it.

As for the best moment in the whole ultimate universe, yet:
I can't name one single scene, but I can list a number of favorite scenes
- Spiderman talking to Kingpin in the restaurant in Ult spidey 49 "Why did you web my feet to the ground?" - "well, I don't understand you, and you don't understand me")
- Spiderman jumping from the brooklin bridge, after MJ. I love the way he is drawn in that panel, i get excited every time I see it.
- The "Do you think this letter stands for france?"-scene
- Wolverine letting Cyclops slip on purpose. (savage land)
- the scene at the science fair in FF #1
- the last scene in FF #1 (the little toy cars)
- the battle between the Ultimates and Hulk. Especially the way the Ultimates come in, not like some costumed vigilantes, but with the ful power of the military. some great reinvention of the very concept of the super hero team

Kleisner was original ultimate, not super-skrull, in my eyes, but he is merely a plot device in my eyes (in order to give the srkull a face)

That's exactly why I though the original Super Skrull existed - basically so one of them can stand out. His ability to mimic all powers at once was was just thrown in, IMO.

we've been laughing our ash off about it.

:lol: I couldn't believe how many namby-pambies poo-poohed it when it came out, like it was some sort of political statement. :roll:

Well, The Ultimates: Definitely the wrong book for you, if you look for political correctness!

I lack the proper english vocabulary to express my feelings adequate, but to me, this book is essentially wild, rebellish, progressive, annoying.

I love how people miss the point that the France line is perfectly in character for Ultimate Cap. Besides Millar loves pulling people's strings with over the top items. Still I loved that moment

Anyhow here's a few of mine (though some of them have been taken):
- Banner getting chucked out of the helicopter at the end of Ultimates #12
- The page in "Return of the King" which has the caption '20 seconds after someone pulled a gun on Wolverine'
- the cheap comedic value of "I deserve absolutely every single hit. Right Cyclops? WHAM! "Absolutely creep. You're off the team, by the way." I love Kubert's art for his ability do great comedic lay outs.
- Doc Ock talking to his arms in the house he took over
- Ultimate Carnage in issue 62 of USM - supremely creepy and disturbing, most especially his final act in that issue

- Banner getting chucked out of the helicopter at the end of Ultimates #12

That's actually my favorite cliffhanger.

- the cheap comedic value of "I deserve absolutely every single hit. Right Cyclops? WHAM! "Absolutely creep. You're off the team, by the way." I love Kubert's art for his ability do great comedic lay outs.

I thought the only thing that cheapens this moment is how the next issue they're making up like everything's cool. It would have been a great chance for Bendis to do a Wolvering mini while the rest of the mutants got their regular screen time in UXM.

Also, another moment for me is when Cap pulls the gun on Wolverine in UW an guns him down. It may not be fair, but it's great to see the heroes taking extreme measures when it comes to it. Before, I couldn't even picture a superhero firing a gun.

Yeah, I definitely missed the Banner-cliffhanger in my list

As for the character interaction between Cyke and Wolverine:
IF you read issue 32 carefully, you might detect the similarities between Xavier-Magneto and Cyke-Wolvie. I think Scott learned from Xavier's mistakes and tries to make sure that Wolverine will not turn into the next Magneto. This attitude of "duty over personal feelings" is one of the most interesting facets of Scott's personality, in my opinion.

I love how people miss the point that the France line is perfectly in character for Ultimate Cap.

EXACTLY. That's what I meant about it not beaing a political statement - far from it.

That's actually my favorite cliffhanger.

Mine too. Ever.

I thought the only thing that cheapens this moment is how the next issue they're making up like everything's cool.

Exactly. Shouldn't have happened so quick.

Millar had a lot of ground to cover in his last issues... I don't blame him for seeming a bit rushed after he did all that he did in ROTK. He nuked Florida, had shit go down across the world with Magneto, the new sentinels, Xavier was captured, there were tons of characters to cater to, Wolverine almost killed Cyke, Jean and her Phoenix powers... It was a mess, but I loved that arc so much! :)

Dark_Images said:
Also, another moment for me is when Cap pulls the gun on Wolverine in UW an guns him down. It may not be fair, but it's great to see the heroes taking extreme measures when it comes to it. Before, I couldn't even picture a superhero firing a gun.

Yeah I loved that part too. That's one of the things that's great about Ultimate Cap: he's actually a super SOLDIER, not a super boy scout. Without a doubt he's read Logan's dossier and he just saw him cut up Iron Man and shreded some SHEILD rank and file so he knows just how dangerous Logan is and is not going to take any chances. I sure wouldn't.

What about when in Ultimates #13 Hulk dives at the helicopter after Hawkeye shoots him with a serum to make him turn back to Bruce Banner, but Hawkeye doesn't think it will work in time.

Latest posts

Back