Ultimate Iron Man #1 (Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
I thought it was good. This was good to introduce the way we'll see Tony Stark, and why at such a young age, he's so smart. People may think this was unnecessary, but I think it was. Some say that from the preview they read, that Card is not good at writing the comic. Well, reading the WHOLE thing, I think Card did a good job.

8/10 Art and Story.
 

big danny d

Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2005
Messages
16
I enjoyed it alot really. I can totally see now where his cancer has come from. The only problem i have is waiting til may to read the second issue
 

PhoenixFactor

Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
15
Location
CT, USA
I was going to read this in single issues but after I found out we weren't gonna see issue 2 till may I decided to wait for the trade. I hate late books. I think I'll enjoy it more in a tpb. Also what covers did you guys get?
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
PhoenixFactor said:
I was going to read this in single issues but after I found out we weren't gonna see issue 2 till may I decided to wait for the trade. I hate late books. I think I'll enjoy it more in a tpb. Also what covers did you guys get?
Yeah, and with the delay, you'll most likely have to wait longer than longer.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
PhoenixFactor said:
I was going to read this in single issues but after I found out we weren't gonna see issue 2 till may I decided to wait for the trade. I hate late books. I think I'll enjoy it more in a tpb. Also what covers did you guys get?

I got both covers.

I thought it was alright. It was a solid first issue that did a good job at laying some groundwork. There's definitely a lot to build off of.

It was also pretty fast moving...I'm not used to an Ultimate book moving along so quickly. :lol:
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
16,716
Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
UltimateE said:
It was also pretty fast moving...I'm not used to an Ultimate book moving along so quickly. :lol:

E, Wasn't it that fast though. It was so odd there wasn't much action to it but it seemed like so much was going on and I felt like I stepped off a rollercoaster when I was done reading. If that's Card's writing style... I think we should be seeing more of him.
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
I thought it was alright, I wasn't that impressed, but its only the first issue so I'd rather look at the mini-series as a whole (though I might not be able to do that till the end of this year at the pace its being released). It did an alright job an laying the background down for the character of Tony Stark, and gave us an interesting angle on his heigtened intelligence and need for the suit to survive. I bet his father finishes the blue-paint armor stuff and thats Tony's first armor. Then he somehow finds a way to live without it and creates the first version of the Iron Man armor.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
16,716
Location
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Ultimate Gambit said:
What kind of mutant?

Well see I was thinking about how JTG said the satellite only handled unnatural mutations and then I thought about how Iron Man got an "unnatural" mutation from that virus. I'm referring to his intelligence/ability to think. This issue did explain that it is above average due to an outside force. Even if he's not as smart as Reed Richards, he's still smarter than he was meant to be, naturally. So I thought why didn't the satellite take him out? Then I realized that he was still an unborn child... (sorry I don't know the exact terminology to pregnancies. Is it Fetus?) but anyway that means the mutation was natural to him and that make him a mutant.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
TheManWithoutFear said:
Well see I was thinking about how JTG said the satellite only handled unnatural mutations and then I thought about how Iron Man got an "unnatural" mutation from that virus. I'm referring to his intelligence/ability to think. This issue did explain that it is above average due to an outside force. Even if he's not as smart as Reed Richards, he's still smarter than he was meant to be, naturally. So I thought why didn't the satellite take him out? Then I realized that he was still an unborn child... (sorry I don't know the exact terminology to pregnancies. Is it Fetus?) but anyway that means the mutation was natural to him and that make him a mutant.
That wouldn't be an unnatural mutation. Since that means he got his smart through birth, that would be NATURAL, not UNNATURAL.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
TheManWithoutFear said:
Exactly that's why I said he's a mutant....Sorry I didn't make myself clear... or wait I did make that clear... :shifty:
Well, when you explained yourself, it just seemed like you meant something else.
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
8,903
Location
Washington, PA
He's s Grldoff, not a mutant, but a fetaly altered being.

And I loved it. Things actualy happened, as opposed to Ultimate Spider-Man wich was twice as long as it needed to be.

And I got the cool, Iron Man launching cover.
 

Latest posts

Top