Ultimate Iron Man #1 (Spoilers)

icemastertron said:
Yeah huh! You said you were mad because Tony wasn't in the issue. But he was. He was the baby. His mother's name is Maria. The doctor that was pregnant was named Maria. So that makes Tony the baby in the mother, making him in the comic.

SO BOO-YA!

You've made a powerful enemy today, old friend...

I had to read through this more than a couple of times to actually appreciate it for what it is. It's decent. I would have enjoyed it more if Card's pacing had been better (by my standards). It's not anything close to Card's other work, nor should I have expected it to. He's basically writing another story 'bout smart kids. It's prolly like homework for him. IMO next to the pacing, there was a lack of any real character development and just a little too much focus on the science of Iron Man. I like the science but there was just too much for 1 issue. All that being said, I'll pick up the 2nd issue as this one is just a set-up to bigger, hopefully better things.

i liked the pacing, kinda reminded me of those one issue sci-fi comics that would pop up in the 70's. It certainly did have a rather different feel to the rest of the Ultimate books, quirkier I guess I'd call it, which I feel suits Tony Stark nicely. And i will def be getting issue 2.

nigma said:
we don't know that yet...they havn't done anything with tony. Only tell us how he got his tumor. nothing about his childhood or anything

Agreed. There is a letters page for this right? I hope people ask about what exactly Tony is qualified as (Human/mutant/other) and something is brought up about the team-ups.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Agreed. There is a letters page for this right? I hope people ask about what exactly Tony is qualified as (Human/mutant/other) and something is brought up about the team-ups.
It was just Nick Lowe (Line editor) telling the creative team of the book.

TheManWithoutFear said:
E, Wasn't it that fast though. It was so odd there wasn't much action to it but it seemed like so much was going on and I felt like I stepped off a rollercoaster when I was done reading. If that's Card's writing style... I think we should be seeing more of him.

Yep, let's all point and laugh, children.

Latest posts

Back