Ultimate Iron Man #1 (Spoilers)

I'm not 100% sure but I think that in some states you can be legally divorced even if the settlement isn't complete.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong (I don't live in the USA or have ever been divorced).

Am I the only one who's disappointed in the fact that the sole human member of the Ultimates isn't so human anymore? That essentially Tony was... well, when did the issue occur? I missed the date. But that might make him the very first IUGM.

jtg3885 said:
Am I the only one who's disappointed in the fact that the sole human member of the Ultimates isn't so human anymore? That essentially Tony was... well, when did the issue occur? I missed the date. But that might make him the very first IUGM.
Yeah, I thought so too. What's next? Hawkeye got his skill from a dose of an untested experimental steriod batch?

jtg3885 said:
*coughs* Your ignorance is showing again. Black Widow is a genetic freak of unspecified abilities.

Previous discussion here

:neutral: Damnit...

I find it interesting that her enhancements aren't told... she's a mysterious woman...

Maybe she's just got some form of steroids... I mean would that make her a "genetic freak" like the rest of them?

Hawkeye's still perfectly normal.

icemastertron said:
There is one thing I'm confused about. Was Howard married to Maria while still divorcing Loni?

I don't see anything indicating that...

jtg3885 said:

You're assuming that the baby is Tony Stark - that has not been confirmed yet.

UltimateE said:
I don't see anything indicating that...
Well, when Loni went to Zebadiah, she told him eveything was final including the settlement and divorce, and by that time, Howard and Maria were already married.

UltimateE said:
You're assuming that the baby is Tony Stark - that has not been confirmed yet.
Hmm....you have a point. But then again, I doubt it will be another person. I just don't see Howard going with someone else and having another baby. Seem it'll take more time than it should. Plus, the baby's growing brain, would actually explain Tony's brain tumor.

icemastertron said:
and by that time, Howard and Maria were already married.

I don't see anything indicating that.

UltimateE said:
By the end of the issue, it's mentioned that Maria is his wife. Maria obviously stood in the hospital since she first got there. I doubt that they got married while Maria was sick and in pain. Meaning they had to get married before...

UltimateE said:
I think that they have got that conclusion from when Stark says to Cerrera: "She gets half my stock, the old house, some cars. It's paper, a building, some machines. I'm married to the most beutiful, kind, and intelligent woman in the world. Who won?"
and when dr Cerrera gets sick in the lab the woman doc says to her: "You've been married three months. Could you be pregnant?"
And this is before Stark signs the settlement with his ex wife.

Last edited:
Ultimate Warrior said:
I think that the have got that conclusion from when Stark says to Cerrera: "She gets half my stock, the old house, some cars. It's paper, a building, some machines. I'm married to the most beutiful, kind, and intelligent woman in the world. Who won?"
and when dr Cerrera gets sick in the lab the woman doc says to her: "You've been married three months. Could you be pregnant?"
YES! There too! You see E? Don't you think it's weird...?

Ultimate Warrior said:
I think that the have got that conclusion from when Stark says to Cerrera: "She gets half my stock, the old house, some cars. It's paper, a building, some machines. I'm married to the most beutiful, kind, and intelligent woman in the world. Who won?"

That's it...

Ultimate Warrior said:
I think that they have got that conclusion from when Stark says to Cerrera: "She gets half my stock, the old house, some cars. It's paper, a building, some machines. I'm married to the most beutiful, kind, and intelligent woman in the world. Who won?"

OK, I wondered if I just missed something. Nice eyes Ice. :D

Like was said earlier, it could be that the marriage is legally dissolved when divorce papers are filed. I dunno.

Not sure if the Mormon remark was a joke, but it was funny. :lol:

UltimateE said:
OK, I wondered if I just missed something. Nice eyes Ice. :D
Thanks.

UltimateE said:
Like was said earlier, it could be that the marriage is legally dissolved when divorce papers are filed. I dunno.

Eh...I guess...

UltimateE said:
Not sure if the Mormon remark was a joke, but it was funny. :lol:
That it was...:lol:

Well Orson Scott Card is a mormon who has recieved a lot of flak from comic fans due to some of his past remarks.

Latest posts

Back