Ultimate Iron Man 2...hitting shelves in December

Re: The one you have been waiting for...

That seems to be a common reaction here. I'd suggest that everyone just mutually agree to not read and/or discuss it, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen. :) Although now that this site's focus has become comics in general instead of the Ultimate Line in particular, there seems to be no reason for people to waste money on this when they could be spending it on something they like instead. (I'm still an Ultimate Marvel enthusiast, and even I have no plans to read Ultimate Power, for example.)

Seriously, guys, take the money you would have spent on this and go invest it in one or two titles you think are good. And then get on here and tell the rest of us about them so we can read them, too.

How dare you! I for one have no idea HOW to respond to this kind of logical and practical positivity!??! Its almost like you are trying to create some kind of community here!

:)

You will pay, Ultimate Warrior.

You will pay.

ULTIMATELY.

I nominate Ultimate Warrior for most un-Taft-like poster here!

How dare you! I for one have no idea HOW to respond to this kind of logical and practical positivity!??! Its almost like you are trying to create some kind of community here!

Gosh, you're right. What was I thinking....

:lol:

(By the way, you could respond by providing a title or two that people can read instead of UIM 2.)

(By the way, you could respond by providing a title or two that people can read instead of UIM 2.)

Y'all should read Crossing Midnight. The protagonists are teenage twins, one boy and one girl, with bizarre connections to the Japanese mystical underworld. I know it sounds lame when I say it like that, but these kids have 70% less whining and 100% more killin' things than most other Trapped In Another World! stories. I don't love the art, but I like it a lot and it's always very clear on what's happening. There recently was a very well-done (in my opinion) arc involving telephone clubs that was tasteful without being preachy and had a really creepy villain. I also like the duality of Kai, the boy, exploring the magic spilling over into ordinary Japan while Toshi, the girl, is stuck in the magic world and has become one of the trespassers.

Topic? The art is nice. This is the guy who did God War in UFF, right? I like the look of the younger Iron Man suit. Wasn't this what you guys wanted? Stories of young Tony Stark creating the suit and blowing things up? Oh, right, you also wanted the author change. Which... didn't happen.

You begged. You pleaded. You ripped out your own hair in anticipation. Now you finally got your wish.

Here is a small preview of the continuation of the comic that changed everything! Just click the link. You know you want to. :wink:
Ahhh!

*dies of fright*
The cover and artwork are very pretty
Ferry's art looks excellent.

Dell'Otto's does not.

I still don't understand why people think he's so incredible.

And his Iron Man is doing an Elvis pose.
That seems to be a common reaction here. I'd suggest that everyone just mutually agree to not read and/or discuss it, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen. :) Although now that this site's focus has become comics in general instead of the Ultimate Line in particular, there seems to be no reason for people to waste money on this when they could be spending it on something they like instead. (I'm still an Ultimate Marvel enthusiast, and even I have no plans to read Ultimate Power, for example.)

Seriously, guys, take the money you would have spent on this and go invest it in one or two titles you think are good. And then get on here and tell the rest of us about them so we can read them, too.
Amen to that.

You can easily criticize Ultimate Iron Man without having read it at all, like myself.
What a dishonor.

I'll probably skim this in the store.

Y'all should read Crossing Midnight. The protagonists are teenage twins, one boy and one girl, with bizarre connections to the Japanese mystical underworld. I know it sounds lame when I say it like that, but these kids have 70% less whining and 100% more killin' things than most other Trapped In Another World! stories. I don't love the art, but I like it a lot and it's always very clear on what's happening. There recently was a very well-done (in my opinion) arc involving telephone clubs that was tasteful without being preachy and had a really creepy villain. I also like the duality of Kai, the boy, exploring the magic spilling over into ordinary Japan while Toshi, the girl, is stuck in the magic world and has become one of the trespassers.

Sounds pretty good, I'll have to check it out once I get some money.

Last edited:

Crossing Midnight is really cool.

Carey is so awesome at fantasy horror comics.

...there seems to be no reason for people to waste money on this when they could be spending it on something they like instead. (I'm still an Ultimate Marvel enthusiast, and even I have no plans to read Ultimate Power, for example.)

I agree with this.

I don't even know why it's already a fact that almost everyone here reads at least one good comic outside of Marvel right now, and yet prefers to spend more time complaining about the Marvel stuff they buy/download/borrow.

Sure, most of it is FUNNY complaining, but that's beside the point.

I agree with this.

I don't even know why it's already a fact that almost everyone here reads at least one good comic outside of Marvel right now, and yet prefers to spend more time complaining about the Marvel stuff they buy/download/borrow.

Sure, most of it is FUNNY complaining, but that's beside the point.

Feh. I like DC better now anyway.

Feh. I like DC better now anyway.
Also beside the point.

Which is that if you already buy stuff you like, then talk about it, rather than spending so much energy talking about what you DO like. That includes DC, Marvel or whatever.

I, I, I, I don't know what to say. You have dreamed about this day but you never actually thought it would come true. Sure it's just a nomination but at least it's one step closer to the goal. I, I, I, I...... *cries a little*

:p

Last edited:

True.

Now that I look back, I should've enjoyed that "Public Enemy #1" title more...

Latest posts

Back