Ultimate Iron Man 2...hitting shelves in December

Re: The one you have been waiting for...

You begged. You pleaded. You ripped out your own hair in anticipation. Now you finally got your wish.

Here is a small preview of the continuation of the comic that changed everything! Just click the link. You know you want to. :wink:

At the very least I can say I like the pencils by Ferry. The coloring is nicely done also. The script will probably lick balls, however.

HA! Your hollow threats do not scare us.

*Kilrathi snarl*

Sweet! A Wing Commander reference (hopefully the videogames, and not the movie....uccchhhh).

True.

Now that I look back, I should've enjoyed that "Public Enemy #1" title more...
Finally, Bass reveals that he is - in fact - down.

pe.jpg

Sweet! A Wing Commander reference (hopefully the videogames, and not the movie....uccchhhh).
By Sivar, you are correct.

I am a total Wing Commander fan and would love to do a Dreamcasting of it, but I doubt any one would care. Makes me wish more people here were nutsoid PC gamers like I was back in the 20th century.

Also, the movie sucked so bad, but the novelization was actually pretty decent once you become willing to forgive the sudden existence of the Pilgrim concept.

I'm the one taking the photo.

Duh.

Oh.

By Sivar, you are correct.

I am a total Wing Commander fan and would love to do a Dreamcasting of it, but I doubt any one would care. Makes me wish more people here were nutsoid PC gamers like I was back in the 20th century.

Also, the movie sucked so bad, but the novelization was actually pretty decent once you become willing to forgive the sudden existence of the Pilgrim concept.

I too was a big Wing Commander fan back in the 90's. I spent hours playing Wing Commander II after getting it for Christmas when I was 11 or 12. I then went and gradually bought the first game and its expansions, the expansions for II, and eventually III and IV (with Mark Hamill!). The only other flight sim type game I've played even a fraction as much as WCII was Star Wars X-Wing. The WC games were great, indeed. I never did get around to playing the final WC game or the Privateer or Armada games. I'd love to see a revival of those games.

The only other flight sim type game I've played even a fraction as much as WCII was Star Wars X-Wing. The WC games were great, indeed. I never did get around to playing the final WC game or the Privateer or Armada games. I'd love to see a revival of those games.
If you missed space sims like Wing Commander, go play Descent: Freespace - The Great War.

Better yet, play Freespace 2. Freespace 2 is all you need. I still love the Wing Commander universe, but those games aged really terribly and Freespace just plays better.

Also, Wing Commander: Prophecy is alright, but they trade B-movie acting for C-grade material by bumping Blair to a side character --- which makes sense, he's getting old --- and letting you play as a rookie (also a sensible move for expanding their player base).

It's weird. Everything I love about Wing Commander hobbled it --- story, flight design --- in terms of game design, but take those away and it makes you like the game less.

And on another note, Todd "Maniac" Marshall is a significantly more complex character than people give him credit for.

If you missed space sims like Wing Commander, go play Descent: Freespace - The Great War.

Better yet, play Freespace 2. Freespace 2 is all you need. I still love the Wing Commander universe, but those games aged really terribly and Freespace just plays better.

Also, Wing Commander: Prophecy is alright, but they trade B-movie acting for C-grade material by bumping Blair to a side character --- which makes sense, he's getting old --- and letting you play as a rookie (also a sensible move for expanding their player base).

It's weird. Everything I love about Wing Commander hobbled it --- story, flight design --- in terms of game design, but take those away and it makes you like the game less.

And on another note, Todd "Maniac" Marshall is a significantly more complex character than people give him credit for.

Ahhhh....Maniac. Its been a long time. I need to Ebay me some of these games.

As much as I would like to blast this book out of existence, I must insist that we stay on topic.

As much as I would like to blast this book out of existence, I must insist that we stay on topic.
You could have closed the site and burned down all your comics, but you didn't now did you?

God, what a whiner.

Latest posts

Back