Ultimate Iron Man #4 (Spoilers)

Guijllons said:
Card is making a complete hash of the character of Tony Stark, and while I don't care for his series, I do care for the character he's butchering.

I wholeheartedly agree.

DIrishB said:
Even if they shine through as a part of his work? I think it qualifies, though admittedly probably not to the relative amount of tangency (is that even a word?) we've taken it to.

The "Ultimate Iron Man?" thread is a better place for it - this is an issue discussion thread.

Dr.Strangefate said:
The plothole you boyos have yet to point out is HOW THE FIRST GODDAMN SUIT HE CREATES IS THE ONE FROM ULTIMATES VOLUME ONE, WHEN IN ULTIMATES ISSUE 1.1, IT IS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED AS A NEW SUIT, AND THAT THE NEW IRON SUIT BOYS IN THE RESERVES ARE SUPPOSEDLY WEARING PROTOTYPES OF THAT SAME SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARHUIOSHO:zxdnrm;udoHihjHJROIUSGF&*Odnvuitfsuck ligfhjdgkucvmxudhn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*explodes*

And for those of you who'd like to argue that UIM has no reason to use the flying, gun suit are quite wrong. He wants to kill people.

A super healing factor can't do that well, now can it?

There, some serious issues I had with this issue for us to discuss....

The fact that Iron Man seems so ready to kill people with his death-suit really bothers me....

So yeah, Stane's a creepy little terrible person. But killing is suddenly okay by Tony?

And the suit... argh.... :evil:

Can't be bothered making a new thread:

ultimateironman_2.jpg

I just got the issue today.

The issue was "meh" at best. The only thing I like is Andy's art. Story wise....I just think it's really nothing to drool about.

Wow Shi Vral actually made me stop one moment and think about the whole stem cells thing... hm... he may actually have a point there...
Card's now up one point in my list (never thought i would say that...) :roll:

Here's what I don't get. The suit that Tony started to make, (which is the one in that cover) is his "proto" suit. But in UMTU, it was the version that Iron Man has in 616, that was really the proto type. So what the hell? He goes from a better version to a crappy version, to back to a better version, just changed some, but not much? :arrgh:

Funniest. Thread. Ever.

Wow, just insane! So much discussion on this. Would some of you move over to ultimate spider-man 83 discussion? That issue was good.

So, I stopped reading UIM after one issue. I like to read the discussions to see what I'm missing. Burning half of his body while he is concsious? That is just sick. Really sick. Really sick kids. What the heck is that? I don't know. I don't get it. What the heck?!

I love this site so much. You guys rule.

I just thought of another reason why Card sucks. :D He decided to add a sci-fi angle to a story that didn't need it. Wouldn't UIM be interesting if it were just about a troubled young boy dealing with a genius IQ and a huge fortune? No brain body, no healing factor, no crazy technology. What a missed oppurtunity...

moonmaster said:
I just thought of another reason why Card sucks. :D He decided to add a sci-fi angle to a story that didn't need it. Wouldn't UIM be interesting if it were just about a troubled young boy dealing with a genius IQ and a huge fortune? No brain body, no healing factor, no crazy technology. What a missed oppurtunity...
The reason why's there's a sci-fi angle is because that's what the editorial staff wanted. So that's why they went for Card. So that's not really a fault on him.

I'd like to remind everyone - again - that this thread is to rant about ISSUE 4 . I don't feel like splitting it, so rather than get rid of the Vol. 2 cover and other talk I will ask you to take it to the appropriate thread(s).

DIrishB said:
Yeah, so I wasn't a fan of this issue...or any of the others...I'm hoping Card's writing somehow changes drastically for Volume 2 so I can not hate it so much.

Or someone gives him the volumes of The Ultimates that are out, so he knows what sort of character he's supposed to be turning tony into!

Just read the issue, it's okay. The only problem is of course, this is supposed to be Iron Man's origin. I always believed that "if it's not broke, don't fix it" and that's why the other Ultimate characters were loved. They just used what worked before but reinvented it in contemporary settings. I was buying the brain body thing, but giving Tony regenerative abilities is going too far. I also don't like that his Iron Man suit looks almost exactly like the one he's wearing in the Ultimates and he's wearing it by himself (while we know from the Ultimates and Ultimate Secret, that Tony needs assistance from his staff to wear or remove his armor). I really, really hope all the continuity questions will be resolved soon. I don't think it's too late to cure the hiccups.

Latest posts

Back