Ultimate Iron Man #4 (Spoilers)

cmdrjanjalani said:
I really, really hope all the continuity questions will be resolved soon. I don't think it's too late to cure the hiccups.
:lol:

Sorry. Found it a bit funny. We don't even have the UFF resolved at all. We'll have resolution by the time Extinction finishes, which will be when we're extinct. :D

cmdrjanjalani said:
I don't think it's too late to cure the hiccups.

Yes it is.

The character is irrepairably ruined.

UltimateE said:
Yes it is.

The character is irrepairably ruined.
Y'know, I know a guy who knows a guy who can find a time machine. We can like, go back and....you knoooooow. :wink:

Then UIM will be saved! Especially from this issue!

i haven't read UIM yet and i have high hopes despite what i read on here. i've really liked all of Cards novels I've reae. also, he writes children really well so i hope he can write kid tony well.

i guess i'm an optimist.

Hey, none of that, now....

I'm also reserving judgment on the series until I've actually read it, but I agree with Frapalino: Card is an excellent writer of original novels, which I suspect was part of the reason he was hired to write this series. It may be that "fan fiction" like UIM just isn't one of his strong suits.

You know, it occurred to me that if UltimateE boxed up his copies of this series and sent them to me, I could read them for myself and thus become an informed poster on this thread. That would have the added advantage of getting those issues out of his house, so that he wouldn't be reading them and getting himself all worked up about them. (That much continuous aggravation just can't be healthy....) It would also place them beyond the reach of his children, thereby protecting his family from such, shall we say, vile influences at the same time. Anyone think he'd go for that suggestion? :wink:

Frapalino said:
so i hope he can write kid tony well.

He can't.

Seldes Katne said:
Anyone think he'd go for that suggestion? :wink:

I will be happy to hook you up.

Would you rather wait and get all 5 issues in one fell swoop?

UltimateE said:
I will be happy to hook you up.

Would you rather wait and get all 5 issues in one fell swoop?
I was mostly joking about that, since I don't remember ever seeing you get this enraged over a comic before. Now, of course, I'm curious and really want to read this title, despite my well-documented dislike for Tony Stark, just to see what the animosity is about. (Reverse psychology -- it's a beautiful thing. This reminds me of the list the Roman Catholic Church supposedly used to publish each year of "Books Good Catholics Shouldn't Read". Naturally every Catholic worth the title ran out and read those books to see what the fuss was all about.... :lol: )

UltimateE, I'll PM you about the details of this possible loan. Do you think my blood pressure could stand reading all five issues at once?

Freeway420 said:
This series hurts my head, and I'm only buying it because I'm a completist.
Thank you, that's one of the questions I had for people. If everyone hates this series so much, why are you all A) buying it, and B) reading it? Even if you're a completist, wouldn't it be less stressful to just slide the issues into a bag and hide them in the back of your closet?

Seldes Katne said:
UltimateE, I'll PM you about the details of this possible loan. Do you think my blood pressure could stand reading all five issues at once?

Probably. You don't seem to the same attachment to Stark as you do, say, Thor...if this was Thor he was writing we'd have to lock you up before you did any damage. :wink:

PM me your address (thought I saved it - apparently I didn't) and I'll send you the first 4 issues. You can decide at that point if you want to continue - if so I'll send you #5 when it's out.

A word of advice - don't be fooled by the first issue, which is actually pretty good and could have been a nice setup for a solid story. What happens from there is so incredibly stupid it defies belief.

Seldes Katne said:
Thank you, that's one of the questions I had for people. If everyone hates this series so much, why are you all A) buying it, and B) reading it? Even if you're a completist, wouldn't it be less stressful to just slide the issues into a bag and hide them in the back of your closet?

I can't speak for the others, but for me, running this site, I feel like I need to know every minutia of every detail of everything that happens in the UU.

UltimateE said:
I can't speak for the others, but for me, running this site, I feel like I need to know every minutia of every detail of everything that happens in the UU.
Which is why you're the "Ultimate Watcher". In a girl school outfit. Jumping up and down. But in anger this time.

Mommy...I don't like the 'earthquakes'....

icemastertron said:
Which is why you're the "Ultimate Watcher". In a girl school outfit. Jumping up and down. But in anger this time.

The anger has more to do with chaffing than anything else.

...what?

UltimateE said:
Probably. You don't seem to the same attachment to Stark as you do, say, Thor...if this was Thor he was writing we'd have to lock you up before you did any damage. :wink:
Oh.

Well.

Ahem.

Yes, probably true. (Embarassing :oops: , but true.) Not to mention that I'd be storming around the site dropping in unsolicited bits on Norse mythology for weeks on end, Heaven help us. :lol:

Despite the high emotional toll, eh? People should be grateful that you're that dedicated to the cause, even at the cost of your own mental health. Perhaps in exchange for sending me the issues, I'll send you a bottle of Valium to help you cope. (I'd offer chocolates, but I don't want your wife getting the wrong idea. Besides, I think chocolate is more of a woman thing.)

Seldes Katne said:
Perhaps in exchange for sending me the issues, I'll send you a bottle of Valium to help you cope.

I'm OK - Lynx, Irish, and MwoF keep me sane. :D

Seldes Katne said:
Perhaps in exchange for sending me the issues, I'll send you a bottle of Valium to help you cope. (I'd offer chocolates, but I don't want your wife getting the wrong idea. Besides, I think chocolate is more of a woman thing.)
Or you can send him chocolate covered valium? hmmm....hmmmm? :D

UltimateE said:
I'm OK - Lynx, Irish, and MwoF keep me sane. :D
Why is it that no matter how many times I read that sentence, it still seems like a contradiction in terms? :dazed:

eroz said:
Or you can send him chocolate covered valium? hmmm....hmmmm? :D
The best of both worlds. I'll look into it. (There are days when I need something like that myself. Or I could just stockpile it in case they do an Ultimate Thor mini.... :roll: )

I just got in an arguement with a friend over this issue. We both agreed that the healing factor was retarded, but he liked the Brain Body thing. I brought up that it ruins the character, and doesn't fit with the Ultimates. He's like "Matt, you're always telling me how the Ultimate Universe is new and different. Besides, how does this conflict?" I bring up the tumor, and he says "But. . .if your body is an entire brain, wouldn't you be MORE likely to contract a brain tumor?"

This has me thinking. First, wouldn't this be correct? Wouldn't any tumor you contract would be considered a "brain tumor"? Also, what if "undiffrentiated neural tissue" act as a more complex nervous system rather than a brain? He's already super-sensitive, shown by the constant pain. Plus, a more complex nervous system could make reactions, even learning, quicker.

Oh GOD, I'm trying to rationalize Card's writing. This is how bad I desperatley want to like this series, despite me knowing it's CRAP! Somebody SHOOT ME! :cry:

Seldes Katne said:
Why is it that no matter how many times I read that sentence, it still seems like a contradiction in terms? :dazed:
Which probably means that he already is on the brink of insanity. :wink:

Seldes Katne said:
The best of both worlds. I'll look into it. (There are days when I need something like that myself. Or I could just stockpile it in case they do an Ultimate Thor mini.... :roll: )
No biggie. If that ever happens then you can just read a couple of the Valhalla comics and you're good to go.

Latest posts

Back