Ultimate Legacy Virus (Spoilers)

icemastertron said:
And why would we? What's wrong from what I said? :sure:

Nothing, nothing.

Basically, I knew he died from the cure, but it was a kind of nitpicking, an needless attention to detail. He died from the cure and not the disease, but it's totally legacy-virus related. Since you picked me up on the cure, I thought it'd be funny to totally overreact to the nitpick.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what you said, I was just trying to be a bit funny. :)

Bass said:
Nothing, nothing.

Basically, I knew he died from the cure, but it was a kind of nitpicking, an needless attention to detail. He died from the cure and not the disease, but it's totally legacy-virus related. Since you picked me up on the cure, I thought it'd be funny to totally overreact to the nitpick.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with what you said, I was just trying to be a bit funny. :)
Oh, I see....sorry...:(

I think the Legacy Virus was a huge disappointment in the MU. I mean it killed a bunch of nameless mutants, Pyro, Illyana, Mastermind (I guess, never heard about that), and Colossus for the cure. That was it, and it lasted what...eight years.

If they do decide to pull off the Legacy Virus in UU, at least cure it in a timely fashion so that the storyline doesn't drag on forever like it did in 616.

Nameless? What about Pyro? He was cool! I like him. Man, where's his ultimate version? ... waitaminute - how much does one want to bet that Singer is going to put Pyro into his run on Ultimate X-Men?

Legacy virus in the UU = very bad idea.

UltimateE said:
Legacy virus in the UU = very bad idea.

Wrong

E, E, E... what's up with you? You don't want any of the fun stuff... don't forget that anything ultimized is relatively a good thing. I'm sure if it was ever done they'd do it right. Personally I'd like to see them introduce a Ultimate District X just so they could show the pages like it was the bubonic plague... whatever that's a vision. I think they should do it eventually, not any time soon but I think it makes for a good story. It would also make Xavier (Maybe even Magneto) question if they're really the next step in the evolution because all of a sudden a virus comes along and starts killing them... get it? Also you know another death at the mansion would come out of it. I think it'd be good. Personally if I could write any Ultimate X-books, I'd choose this.

icemastertron said:
Uh...yeah she is. I have the issue where she dies, and where she's buried, and Colossus leaves with Magneto. She's dead. In the MU, she's dead.

Did you read my link?

@ MWOF: You made the comment that "you could die tomorrow," so i told you to look both ways so you wouldn't get hit by any cars.

...yeah, i'm weird. :)

TheManWithoutFear said:

:lol:

TheManWithoutFear said:
E, E, E... what's up with you? You don't want any of the fun stuff

I have a major aversion to a lot of X-Men stuff, especially from that era. Back in the early 90s when everyone was reading and raving about X-Men, I wasn't reading a single Xbook. The histories and characters are too convoluted, and I like them simple like Vaughan has been doing them. Millar was moving dangerously close to that and so was Bendis in his second arc.

The only X-Men I ever cared anything for were Morrison's New. I like Astonishing too, but because it's such a departure from the crap from way back when. I have no affinity for that stuff and would love nothing more than to have it buried and forgotten.

UltimateE said:
I have a major aversion to a lot of X-Men stuff, especially from that era. Back in the early 90s when everyone was reading and raving about X-Men, I wasn't reading a single Xbook. The histories and characters are too convoluted, and I like them simple like Vaughan has been doing them. Millar was moving dangerously close to that and so was Bendis in his second arc.

The only X-Men I ever cared anything for were Morrison's New. I like Astonishing too, but because it's such a departure from the crap from way back when. I have no affinity for that stuff and would love nothing more than to have it buried and forgotten.

Fair enough. I'm talking from a perspective that's never delved into these things I've just seen the cover I guess you could say. I'm sure when you first about the idea it might have sparked an interest... possibly :? ? I just think things like these are the reason the UU was made. It would make a good story at some point when it's done right.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Fair enough. I'm talking from a perspective that's never delved into these things I've just seen the cover I guess you could say. I'm sure when you first about the idea it might have sparked an interest... possibly :? ? I just think things like these are the reason the UU was made. It would make a good story at some point when it's done right.
Yeah but, the Legacy Virus killed like....a bazilion mutants, bringing down the number of mutants to bring in and what not, cuz as everyone knows, the 616 is FULL o' 'em. There will most likely NEVER BE that many in the UU. I mean, where would you put them? So this will probably never happen.

icemastertron said:
Yeah but, the Legacy Virus killed like....a bazilion mutants, bringing down the number of mutants to bring in and what not, cuz as everyone knows, the 616 is FULL o' 'em. There will most likely NEVER BE that many in the UU. I mean, where would you put them? So this will probably never happen.

The Ultimate Mutant Massacre involved what 6 kids? There's still a good amount of mutants in the world (enough for two to have the same codename *see argument you had with HulkSmash, Ice*) So if the virus was released** It could take it's toll on a good percentage and then the conflict could be resolved... I don't think there's a problem with how many mutants are in the world right now.

**Speaking of how it gets released that's really what I want to know from you guys. Anyone got any good ideas because I sure as hell don't want to see Stryfe or anyone releasing it. I'd like to see a government conspiracy somewhere.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The Ultimate Mutant Massacre involved what 6 kids? There's still a good amount of mutants in the world (enough for two to have the same codename *see argument you had with HulkSmash, Ice*) So if the virus was released** It could take it's toll on a good percentage and then the conflict could be resolved... I don't think there's a problem with how many mutants are in the world right now.
Yeah, there would be. What would the poing of releasing a virus that is meant to kill all of the mutants, but only show some here and there get affected or whatever.There's just no point.

And 6 kids dying isn't really a "massacre".

icemastertron said:
Yeah, there would be. What would the poing of releasing a virus that is meant to kill all of the mutants, but only show some here and there get affected or whatever.There's just no point.

Maybe S.H.I.E.L.D. could be working on a way to biologically stop the mutant gene and the result is they accidently create this virus. The first casualty could be Wasp...

I don't know what the numbers are in the UU. How many mutants there are or whatever. but if this did happen it'd be a big deal. It'd be on the news, it'd have mutants who think they're God's replacement for humans rethinking themselves, It will have S.H.I.E.L.D.'s relations with mutants become closer, and it will cause a panic in the mutant community as some powerful mutants claim that they'll take down everyone with them. It will be a lot more than just two or three mutants dying... Damn the more I think about it... the more I like it...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Maybe S.H.I.E.L.D. could be working on a way to biologically stop the mutant gene and the result is they accidently create this virus. The first casualty could be Wasp...

I don't know what the numbers are in the UU. How many mutants there are or whatever. but if this did happen it'd be a big deal. It'd be on the news, it'd have mutants who think they're God's replacement for humans rethinking themselves, It will have S.H.I.E.L.D.'s relations with mutants become closer, and it will cause a panic in the mutant community as some powerful mutants claim that they'll take down everyone with them. It will be a lot more than just two or three mutants dying... Damn the more I think about it... the more I like it...
The only problem I see with this is why would S.H.I.E.L.D. want to stop the mutant gene? That would be basically them murdering.

Latest posts

Back