Ultimate Marvel characters being represented in Heroclix

Heroclix was just gearing up in my area. A whole bunch of us were into it, but, and this may sound conceited, but I was so much better than all of them that they just stopped playing.

Shame. I was really into it. :(

EDIT: I don't know how good I actually was. I may have been poop, and the rest of my friends were just atrocious. But since two of them are heavily into Magic, we probably weren't that bad.

Last edited:
You know, I wish we had beena ble to keep up on the clix. I really miss it.

* looks longingly at his LE Blue Beetle *

Well...I've finally done it...completed my Marvel Heroclix collection (at least for now). I ordered the Dark Phoenix con exclusive LE through Ebay this past week (yup, I bit the bullet and shelled out the cash). Once its delivered, which should be no later than Wednesday, I will be the proud owner of complete (non-variant) sets. At least until Fantastic Forces is released in July. I'll try and post pictues later on this week for those interested.

In Heroclix news, we got a few new pics of clix coming in FF. The first is the Ultimate version of Mr. Fantastic. The pose is a little awkward in my opinion, but its still a cool sculpt. However, its nowhere near as cool as the new Juggernaut clix also previewed. And for you old-school FF fans, we were also told that Willie Lumpkin will be showing up as a Bystander Token. Check them out here:

Mr. Fantastic (Ultimate):
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?unitid=7346

Juggernaut:
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?unitid=7345

Willie Lumpkin (Bystander Token):
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?unitid=7344

longtime Spidey villain Shocker is also going to be appearing in this set. Been waiting for a clix of him for a looooooong time. Other confirmed character include:

Lockjaw (the Inhumans dog)
Mirage/Moonstar (from New Mutants/X-Men)
Goliath/Atlas (Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts)
Yellowjacket (Avengers...finally a 616 Pym!)
Ghost Rider (Johhny Blaze...the original and best)
Shocker (another Spidey villain is never a bad thing)
Iron Fist (and if you're gonna have Spidey villains, gotta have Spidey allies)
Scarlet Witch (Ultimate version, though its hard to tell with the costume)
Green Goblin (the 616 version, can't believe it took 6 expansions to get him)
Juggernaut (awesome new sculpt)
Sub-Mariner (Namor, another I can't believe it took so long to get made)
Invisible Woman (Ultimate version)
Human Torch (Ultimate version)
Thing (Ultimate version)
Mr. Fantastic (Ultimate version)
Nightcrawler (Ultimate version)
Spider-Man 2099 (the first 2099 clix to be made)
Dr. Doom (Ultimate version)

Its also strongly rumored we'll be seeing a new Dr. Strange, Luke Cage/Powerman, another Wolverine variant, Rogue (Ultimate version), Tigra, Songbird, Jolt, a new Hawkeye, a new Nightmare, Black Knight, Baron Mordo, and Baron Blood.

I cannot wait until June 29!!

the full set list of Fantastic Forces was released today. It reads like this:

Lockjaw (Inhumans' Dog)
Hawkeye (Avengers remake, transporter, nice sculpt)
Mirage/Moonstar (New Mutants/X-Men member, transporter)
Black Knight (Avengers, transporter)
Awesome Android/Awesome Andy (Mad Thinker's AA/Spider-Man Allies, giant)
Goliath/Atlas (Avengers/Thunderbolts, nice sculpt)
Yellowjacket (Avengers)
Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze getting the plastic treatment)
Vulture (Sinister Syndicate, classic "bald old man" look)
Shocker (Sinister Syndicate, another classic Spidey villain)
Karma (New Mutants/X-Men member)
Jolt (Avengers/Thunderbolts member)
Songbird (Avengers/Thunderbolts member)
Tigra (Avengers member)
Asp (Serpent Society, yay!!)
Iron Fist (Spider-Man Allies/Heroes For Hire)
Power Man/Cage (Spider-Man Allies/Heroes For Hire)
Scarlet Witch (Ultimates version)
Rogue (Ultimates/X-treme X-Men version)
Dr. Strange (interesting sculpt)
Green Goblin (Sinister Syndicate, finally a classic 616 GG)
Juggernaut (Brotherhood/X-Men, awesome sculpt)
Sub-Mariner (Minions of Doom/Defenders/Avengers, finally Namor is made)
Human Torch (Ultimates version)
Invisible Woman (Ultimates version)
Thing (Ultimates version)
Mr. Fantastic (Ultimates version)
Nightcrawler (surprisingly not the Ultimates version, X-Men on all dials)
Spider-Man (2099 version, probably the most beautiful sculpt in all of heroclix)
Baron Mordo (Arch-Enemy of Dr. Strange)
Volcana (Minions of Doom, interesting choice)
Arnim Zola (Hydra)
Mad Thinker (with the Awesome Androids, this guy is needed)
Baron Blood (Hydra)
Orphan (X-Men/X-Statix/X-Force)
Professor Xavier (Ultimate version, he's a mental beast, as he should be!!)
Nimrod (Another Beast, but this one's a brick. 264 pts, can prob go toe-to-toe with KC Supes, Magog, or Shazam!)
Wolverine (Days of Future Past version, true to comic sculpt)
Dr. Doom (Ultimates version)
Warlock (X-Men/New Mutants, cool sculpt!!)

well, Fantastic Forces hits comic stores this Wednesday, June 29! I have a case on its way to me, but I'll still be at the store on Wednesday buying some boosters, its a tradition whenever a new Marvel set comes out. A lot of cool characters in this set, Nimrods a beast, Ult Prof X was needed, and Spider-Man 2099 is one of the most increbile sculpts/poses in all of clix.

Not to mention with this set a lot of long time asked for character are being made:

Black Knight
Mad Thinker
Awesome Android
Ghost Rider
Vulture
Shocker
Tigra
Iron Fist
Power Man/Cage
Green Goblin
Sub-Mariner
Nimrod
Warlock

Picked up a bunch of boosters today at the comic store. Finally got Namor in clix form. Also finally got a 616 Green Goblin (which is a cool sculpt and the smoke trail coming out the back of his glider is amazingly painted...it turns from purple to orange to gray) and Vulture (the old one, not the "youth-regained" Adrian Toombs, is a great sculpt). I'm still looking for most of the uniques, but only need a few more nons. The paint jobs on this set are phenomenal. They truly set the bar quite high with the detail and accuracy. Whoever the new company Wizkids went with for this set, they're doing the job twice over. The new Ghost Rider sculpt puts the Danny Ketch version from Ultimates to shame. I cant wait to get my hands on Warlock. Check these out, you won't regret it.

I took a look at the new set.

No Sentry? :(

And what the hell are conditions and bystanders?

And what's the deal with all these unique versions of characters with the secret identity name on the base? Why don't they look like the secret identity? Seems a bit cheap to me.

But the models have definately improved a great deal. Ghost Rider, Torch, Green Goblin, Doom, Nightcrawler, Mister Fantastic, Vulture, and my favourites; Juggernaut and Spidey 2099 are brilliant. Really well done. They're also a lot more daring, such as the new Nightcrawler model. But also, there's these new double base guys like Ghost Rider, and Reed's really tall. How the hell do they fit in the box? Or are they a kit?

They look good regardless.

Oh.. and I want a Galactus toy. :D

Which giant characters exist, apart from Sentinel, Sinestro, and Galactus?

Also, Irish, if you don't mind my asking, how much clix do you buy each set?

Bass said:
I took a look at the new set.

No Sentry? :(

Nope, he was strongly rumored for a long time but didn't show up in the final set.

And what the hell are conditions and bystanders?

And what's the deal with all these unique versions of characters with the secret identity name on the base? Why don't they look like the secret identity? Seems a bit cheap to me.

Bystander tokens are tokens/pogs representing side characters who are just regular people (Jarvis, Mary Jane Watson, Gwen Stacy, Aunt May, etc). Since they're not super-powered, they only have one click of life, hence only needing a pog to represent it. Battlefield Conditions and Feat Cards are cards you can play which affect certain aspects of the game. Feat Cards usually cost a certain amount of build points to use, while the Battlefield conditions don't cost any points but only one per player is allowed per game.

As for the secret identity thing, those are the LEs/SRs. The Limited Edition are the same sculpt as the REV version, but with a different dial, a bronze ring, and the characters real name as opposed to their vigilante/villain name. The LEs are given out as prizes at tournaments. What use would there be for having them in their secret identities? Most of them usually wear their costumes while out fighting in the streets, and this is what the game is about.

But the models have definately improved a great deal. Ghost Rider, Torch, Green Goblin, Doom, Nightcrawler, Mister Fantastic, Vulture, and my favourites; Juggernaut and Spidey 2099 are brilliant. Really well done. They're also a lot more daring, such as the new Nightcrawler model. But also, there's these new double base guys like Ghost Rider, and Reed's really tall. How the hell do they fit in the box? Or are they a kit?

Definitly. Reed fits in their somehow, and he's not considered a Giant/double-base fig. They're not a kit, but in past sets their have been 4 clix per box, this set, due to either a giant figure or double based figure being included in every booster, there are only 3 figures per box in this set. The giant/double-base figure in every box most likely was for this set only, and the next expansion in November will be back to 4 clix per booster.

They look good regardless.

Oh.. and I want a Galactus toy. :D

Which giant characters exist, apart from Sentinel, Sinestro, and Galactus?

Also, Irish, if you don't mind my asking, how much clix do you buy each set?

Well, the first big figure was the Sentinel, then DC got their version in Sinestro. Then the mother of all clix became available in summer of 2004 when Galactus was released at the summer cons. He's like 2 1/2 times the size of the Sentinel/Sinestro. This year's con exclusive was a Dark Pheonix, comparable in size to the Sentinel, just much wider due to the massive wingspan. Galactus is a beast though. He's unbeatable without a skillfully-built team and a point handicap of at least 600 points (meaning if you're facing his 1800 Mighty version, you'd need AT LEAST 2400 pts worth to take him on). He's 41 (or is it 44?) clix of pain.

As for how much I buy, it depends. I'm a collector, never got into playing, but liked the wide range of characters offered. I started collecting with the first set, Infinity Challenge, and have kept up with it. I only collect one version of each character, since I'm collecting for the character representation over the dial. This means I only get one of each version (R,E, V), but I still end up having to buy most uniques in the set. This also means I don't bother with re-dos of characters (there have been way too many Spider-Mans, Elektras, and Wolverines) so I don't have a Logan or Patch, just the original Wolverine from IC. I also have gotten most of the con exclusives, with the Ant-Man and Yellowjacket pucks, to the Galactus and Dark Phoenix, and even the Aunt May LE Bystander Token! Its a pretty impressive collection I have set up, over 200 clix with Big G in the background and the Sentinel and DP framing the sides. I'll get around to posting pictures eventually, once I fill in some of the missing pieces from Fantastic Forces. I never got into collecting the DC clix as I never got into DC comics other than Batman, so its a strictly Marvel collection. If you want to see a list of it check the first page, I updated it to include the Fantastic Forces set.

Last edited:
Well, I've completed my collection again after the release of Fantastic Forces (well, except for two bystander tokens, but by 7/24 I'll have those anyway-the Willie Lumpkin LE/BT is only available at the Marquee for FF on this day). I'll post pictures soon as I hear back from E about doing so.

Also, big news in Heroclix-land. The next Marvel set was recently reported as being called "Armor Wars", and being an Iron Man themed set based on the classic Armor Wars storyline of the late 80's. Some of the rumored/confirmed characters are:

CONFIRMED CHARACTERS (97 characters):
Cannonball
Wendigo
Iron Man (REV and Unique)

STRONGLY RUMORED CHARACTERS:
Guardian
Shaman
Aurora
Marrina
Thunderbird
Banshee
Sunfire
War Machine
Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew? Julia Carpenter?) (REV? Unique?)
Titanium Man
Crimson Dynamo
Captain America (US Agent?)
Quicksilver (ultimate?)
Wolverine
Spider-Man

RUMORED CHARACTERS:
Arana (Spider-man varient?)
Spider-Girl
X-23
Hulking
Iron Lad
Patriot
Asgardian
Beetle/Mach 5
Fixer/Techno
Citizen V
U-Go Girl
Doop
She-Hulk
Dazzler
Jubilee
Magma
Sunspot
Wasp (ultimate?)
Mandarin
Controller
Magneto
Stilt-Man
The Mauler
Spymaster
Iron Monger
Firepower
Raiders
Vault Guardsman
Mandroid
Stingray
Force
Ghost

BYSTANDERS RUMORED:
Harold "Happy" Hogan
Virginia "Pepper" Potts
Bethany Ann Cabe
Justin Hammer

FEAT CONFIRMED (9?)
#009 Nanobots (cost 10) - Choose a character. When this character is the only adjacent character to an object not carried by a character, give the character a free action and remove the object from the game. Heal the character 2 damage.

BATTLEFIELD CONDITION RUMORED:
House of M related

FEAT CARD RUMORED:
Young Avengers
Alpha Flight
X-Force/X-Statix

Here's the first pics of the figures debuting in the new Heroclix set, Armor Wars, based on the classic late 80's Iron Man story. So far the following figures are confirmed as appearing in this set:

Cannonball
Wendigo
Iron Man (REV and Unique)
War Machine
Ultron
Captain America
Spider-Woman (Finally!!!)

Here are the pics and set info from WizKids official site:

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/products.asp?cid=40070

This one's for Ice and E:

Sentry is again rumored as a possible character to be made in the upcoming Armor Wars, but from the way the set is shaping up (Iron Man themed) I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. We can hope, though game-mechanic wise I don't know how they could realistically translate the Sentry's Uber-powers into clix. He'd have to be more poweful than the Galactus con exclusive!

more news on the new Armor Wars set:

Apparently not only will this set be heavily-influenced by the Iron Man Armor Wars storyline, but also the new House of M series. A list of characters confirmed/rumored for the set:

CONFIRMED CHARACTERS (97 characters):
Cannonball
Wendigo
Iron Man (Classic armor - gold REV or Unique?) (Classic armor - silver LE?)
War Machine
Captain America (The Captain?)
Spider Woman (Jessica Drew) (REV? Unique?)
Ultron (6? 11? 13?)
Thunderbird
Banshee
Sunfire
Crimson Dynamo
Titanium Man
Shathra
Mystique (House of M)

STRONGLY RUMORED CHARACTERS:
Guardian
Shaman
Aurora
Marrina
Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter?)
Quicksilver (ultimate? House of M?)
Wolverine (House of M?)
Spider-Man (House of M?)
Magneto (House of M?)
Sentry
Dazzler
Spymaster
Iron Monger
Force

RUMORED CHARACTERS:
Arana (Spider-man varient?)
Spider-Girl
X-23
Hulking
Iron Lad
Patriot
Asgardian
Beetle/Mach 5
Fixer/Techno
Citizen V
U-Go Girl
Doop
She-Hulk
Jubilee
Magma
Sunspot
Wasp (ultimate?)
Mandarin
Controller
Stilt-Man
The Mauler
Firepower
Raiders
Vault Guardsman
Mandroid
Stingray
Ghost
Scarlet Witch (House of M?)
Black King/Sebastian Shaw
Gremlin
Thunderball
Bulldozer
Piledriver
Captain Britain

FEAT CONFIRMED (9?)
#009 Nanobots (cost 10) - Choose a character. When this character is the only adjacent character to an object not carried by a character, give the character a free action and remove the object from the game. Heal the character 2 damage.

Hey, who the flip is Prof. X's archenemy for Fantastic Forces? I couldn't find it anywhere.

marvelman said:
Hey, who the flip is Prof. X's archenemy for Fantastic Forces? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Juggernaut, even though its the Ultimate version of Professor X and the 616 version of Juggernaut, and in the Ultimate Universe I would hardly call Juggernaut an arch-enemy of Xavier's. Another one of those weird things.

ok, I'm going to post some pics of my heroclix collection, I pray it works this time, I'm using Photobucket courtesy of Ice's suggestion, so it should work. If these don't work I give up on posting pictures forever. Check them out:

Here's the Big G, this is my favorite pic cuz it looks like an old uber-crossover event comic cover:
Heroclix008.jpg

Here's the Spider-Man Allies, X-men, Avengers, and FF:
Heroclix017.jpg

Here's the FF, Defenders, and SHIELD:
Heroclix014.jpg

and more X-Men (Excalibur, X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants):
Heroclix018.jpg

Alpha Flight for all the Canadiens:
Heroclix004.jpg

Dark Phoenix Con Exclusive (God I love this sculpt):
Heroclix005.jpg

The Brotherhood, Sinister Syndicate, Masters of Evil
Heroclix019.jpg

Minions of Doom:
Heroclix025.jpg

Hydra/Aim (and yes, the big orange head is in fact MODOK):
Heroclix026.jpg

Bystander Tokens!!! (These are all regular characters like Jarvis, Mary Jane, Gwen Stacey, Aunt May, Flash, J. Jonah Jameson, etc):
Heroclix016.jpg

Sorry a couple a pretty blurry, but if anyone's interested I can take the time to retake them and repost them, just let me know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back