Ultimate Marvel characters being represented in Heroclix

DIrishB said:
Hey, E, if you're interested I think I still have several Ultimate clix up in my closet, I'll pull them out tomorrow and see what I have, they're yours if you're interested. All they're doing at my place is sitting on a shelf, so let me know and I'll throw what u want in a box and ship it out to you.

Wow - that would be awesome. I don't have any of them...I keep meaning to ask my LCS guy when its not busy in there, but I haven't had a chance to get down there. Let me know. I don't have any problem paying you for them either...just let me know.

I'll keep my Ul. Thor figure. Sorry. I don't play the game anymore but I decorate my house with the Clix. I have a Kingdomcome vs Ultimates display right now in the kitchen. My top ultimate picts for future sets would include:
1) Black Widow with her iron woman armor.
2) A clix of ultimate hulk eating the alien from vol. 2
3) The Captains
4) Valkery form ultimate Defenders.
5) Bystandard tokens of Jarvis and Betty Ross.

Big E said:
I'll keep my Ul. Thor figure. Sorry. I don't play the game anymore but I decorate my house with the Clix. I have a Kingdomcome vs Ultimates display right now in the kitchen. My top ultimate picts for future sets would include:
1) Black Widow with her iron woman armor.
2) A clix of ultimate hulk eating the alien from vol. 2
3) The Captains
4) Valkery form ultimate Defenders.
5) Bystandard tokens of Jarvis and Betty Ross.

The only unfortunate thing is the likelyhood of any of those happening is pretty small. And what about:

Wasp
Quicksilver
Nick Fury

(you know, to actually complete the Ultimates team...why wouldn't you want those? And how about some other Ultimate versions from the other titles?)

DIrishB said:
I've liked all the UFF arcs so far, each has been pretty different while staying within the guidelines of what the FF are all about (Fantastic, uh, stuff), though I haven't been too impressed with the Crossover arc storywise, though I was with Millar's in-joke to the fans. I think the Namor arc coming up will probably stand out as one of the best, just have a good feeling about this arc.

No kidding! It was like a moth before the announcement of Ultimate Namor, when I got him as a Heroclix in Fantastic Forces, and wondered to myself if they would ever Ultimize him. Now I can't wait.

Ya Im totally puzzled about why there is no Ult. Nick Fury yet. Its a no brainer he would be an awsome piece both for gameplay and collectability. I'm think leadership, outwit, and perplex off hand. What do you guys think?

Hawkeye101 said:
No kidding! It was like a moth before the announcement of Ultimate Namor, when I got him as a Heroclix in Fantastic Forces, and wondered to myself if they would ever Ultimize him. Now I can't wait.

Speaking of which, wasn't it about damn time they finally made a Namor clix? I mean, finally 7 sets in we finally get one of the original Marvel characters.

As for Ultimate Namor, I just want to see what he's capable of.

Big E said:
Ya Im totally puzzled about why there is no Ult. Nick Fury yet. Its a no brainer he would be an awsome piece both for gameplay and collectability. I'm think leadership, outwit, and perplex off hand. What do you guys think?

I totally agree. I'm sure we'll get one eventually, just figure now with three sets containing Ultimate figures we'd have gotten one by now. And actually, we got Ultimate Green Goblin with Xplosion (the 3rd set) and Ultimate Rhino with Critical Mass (the 4th), but didn't start getting actual Ultimates (as in the team) until Ultimates (the 5th). Either way, I'm hoping if we don't get an Ultimate Nick Fury in Armor Wars we'll see him in the next set.

Well, besides the Clix-brick offer with Armor Wars, it looks like it'll be even easier to get a Dark Phoenix...or more appropriately, a Phoenix (this one features Jean in the green costume instead of the red the DP sports, and has the X-Men TA instead of the Power Cosmic the DP has). Anyway, here's a link to HCRealms which explains how to pick up this version:

Phoenix available as mail-away offer (and substantially cheaper than the con exlusive OR Clix-brick offer, but somewhat weaker stats) available in Wizard Magazine #171, IQ Gamer magazine #128, and Toy Fare Magazine #101

Is Ult. Hulk still the only reg clix with a natural 6 dm? Also I'm considering making the blasted figure of Ult. Hulk eating the alien from vol 2. I just have that image stuck in my head. Even while at work :shock:

Big E said:
Is Ult. Hulk still the only reg clix with a natural 6 dm?

I think so, not sure about DC though as I only collect Marvel. But pretty sure he is. But like you said, he's only the highest hitting regular figure. Meanwhile you have Galactus at 8 dmg and Dark Phoenix at 7 (and I think the regular upcoming Phoenix at 6).

Also I'm considering making the blasted figure of Ult. Hulk eating the alien from vol 2. I just have that image stuck in my head. Even while at work :shock:

Hmmm, not sure what to make of that...

I'm just trying to understand these Heroclix...is it generally true that the more powerful a character is, the harder it is to find him and, subsequently, the more it costs?

UltimateE said:
I'm just trying to understand these Heroclix...is it generally true that the more powerful a character is, the harder it is to find him and, subsequently, the more it costs?

For the most part. Their rarity levels also factor into the monetary value, but the stats do play a part. But really this only applies to the uniques. Otherwise the regular (REVs) are pretty cheap (from ten cents to a buck at most).

Latest posts

Back