Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

Sweet, I'm being published in French:

UltimateMarvel.net

This is the only relevant part amongst the badly translated French (damn you Babelfish!):

The chronology has d' elsewhere undergoes some modifications following the update carried out at the end of February by my DIrishB fellow-member, of which I am reonnaissant qu' it keeps its up to date chronology. J' hope nevertheless to be able to manage to do the work myself, one day.

I rule.

Here it is

LINK POSTED PURELY TO ENLARGE EGOS, THIS POSTER DOESNT NOT PUPBLICLY CONDONE TORRENTS

*head blows up*

Seriously though, thats actually kind of flattering, in a completely nerdish way. Still flattering, though. I can't believe someone took the time to put that together...thats probably more work than putting the actual timeline itself together. Very, very cool. Its even really recent. Seems to have everything up to the last few weeks releases. Amazing.

Assuming the person who put that together reads this thread, definitly post here and take credit. Very cool.

Last edited:
*head blows up*

Seriously though, thats actually kind of flattering, in a completely nerdish way. Still flattering, though. I can't believe someone took the time to put that together...thats probably more work than putting the actual timeline itself together. Very, very cool. Its even really recent. Seems to have everything up to the last few weeks releases. Amazing.

Assuming the person who put that together reads this thread, definitly post here and take credit. Very cool.

ummm, for those of us who are technically unsaavy, what just happened?

and one other thing.

I noticed that you put USM 123 in the "present," which makes sense since it's a story being told in the present and many of the pages had Eddie on them and then a bunch of panels of flashback, which would be hard to divide up. But I saw a preview for USM 124 and it isn't done the same way as USM 123 (with Eddie telling the flashback story) it's just flashbacks (with the "months ago" at the top) and i want you to know i'm looking forward to seeing you deal with that.:?

and one other thing.

I noticed that you put USM 123 in the "present," which makes sense since it's a story being told in the present and many of the pages had Eddie on them and then a bunch of panels of flashback, which would be hard to divide up. But I saw a preview for USM 124 and it isn't done the same way as USM 123 (with Eddie telling the flashback story) it's just flashbacks (with the "months ago" at the top) and i want you to know i'm looking forward to seeing you deal with that.:?

because (not so) deep down, i'm kind of sadistic!:p

Updated for USM #124.

ummm, for those of us who are technically unsaavy, what just happened?

Someone made a torrent of ALL the Ultimate Marvel, Marvel Zombies, and Squadron Supreme comics in the chronological ordering of my timeline (or closer I think to Vintsukka's Ultimate TPB thread...which is based on this timeline, but doesn't bother with page breaks and individual issues, etc). So basically, you could download that and read the comics pretty much in the order of the timeline. And its even up to date from a few weeks ago.

And just in case you're confused, a torrent is a collection of files (movies, tv episodes or entire seasons, comic books-individual issues and complete runs) which are downloadable through using a torrent download program (I use "BitLord"). Legally speaking, you shouldn't be downloading stuff if you don't already own it. But since I'm pretty sure you own most of these Ultimate comics (or have at least read them), I don't feel bad about directing you to check it out. ;)

Basically, download BitLord or another program, open it, and click the link Mattimeo84 provided:

Here it is

LINK POSTED PURELY TO ENLARGE EGOS, THIS POSTER DOESNT NOT PUPBLICLY CONDONE TORRENTS

Then download it. Something that big will probably take awhile to download, though.

and one other thing.

Just updated it. Check it out, let me know what you think. Apparently Bendis is being pretty liberal with this adaptation (its sticking close to the story in the game, just rearranging certain scenes in terms of sequence). So unfortunately, I'm forced to line up the events in the comic and game which are in different orders in a couple of instances (in #124). We'll just have to accept some things needed to be changed for the arc anyway, and take the time references with a grain of salt (as I always do, and recommend others do, when confronted with references to time in USM).

But I think this is the way it works best. Let me know your opinions on it.

because (not so) deep down, i'm kind of sadistic!:p

And this timeline has proven I'm apparently something of a masochist.

To be honest man, I'd say ditch the Video Game altogether. The story's being "rewritten" as these issues, which should serve to cover it (and more accurately) in the timeline. Plus a lot of the scenes, like the Human Torch races and Wolverine fight and stuff never even happened now, so some of the video game chapters are moot, and the rest are just redundant.

Okay, it won't let me edit, so excuse the double post mods.

Anyway, something else you could do is maybe just put an annotation by the Video Game section of the issues, like:

Ultimate Spider-Man 124 pgs. 1-2 [Ultimate Spider-Man Video Game]

or something.

Someone made a torrent of ALL the Ultimate Marvel, Marvel Zombies, and Squadron Supreme comics in the chronological ordering of my timeline (or closer I think to Vintsukka's Ultimate TPB thread...which is based on this timeline, but doesn't bother with page breaks and individual issues, etc). So basically, you could download that and read the comics pretty much in the order of the timeline. And its even up to date from a few weeks ago.

And just in case you're confused, a torrent is a collection of files (movies, tv episodes or entire seasons, comic books-individual issues and complete runs) which are downloadable through using a torrent download program (I use "BitLord"). Legally speaking, you shouldn't be downloading stuff if you don't already own it. But since I'm pretty sure you own most of these Ultimate comics (or have at least read them), I don't feel bad about directing you to check it out. ;)

okay, that's what i thought.

And, yeah I do have ALMOST all of the Ultimate Comics (missing Ultimate Adventures, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #1, Ultimate Human, and Ultimate Iron Man II (oh, and i don't have any supreme verse stuff)

Just updated it. Check it out, let me know what you think. Apparently Bendis is being pretty liberal with this adaptation (its sticking close to the story in the game, just rearranging certain scenes in terms of sequence). So unfortunately, I'm forced to line up the events in the comic and game which are in different orders in a couple of instances (in #124). We'll just have to accept some things needed to be changed for the arc anyway, and take the time references with a grain of salt (as I always do, and recommend others do, when confronted with references to time in USM).

But I think this is the way it works best. Let me know your opinions on it.

i haven't read USM #124 yet, but i'm sure you did a great jorb. You are just going to leave 123 in the present and put 124 in the past with the game, then?

And this timeline has proven I'm apparently something of a masochist.

hahahaha

To be honest man, I'd say ditch the Video Game altogether. The story's being "rewritten" as these issues, which should serve to cover it (and more accurately) in the timeline. Plus a lot of the scenes, like the Human Torch races and Wolverine fight and stuff never even happened now, so some of the video game chapters are moot, and the rest are just redundant.

I'm not going to remove the game just because its a bit different. And only a VERY little bit, really. In terms of the Wolverine fight with Venom or the Human Torch races, just because they're not addressed in the comic issues doesn't mean it didn't happen. As far as I'm concerned, its still a part of Ultimate continuity (the game), and the comic adaptation we're seeing now is really barely even touching on the events of the game...its just set-up for the present day events which will happen in #125-127. Anyway, I see the game as Ultimate canon, and by removing it, the Green Goblin being in stasis issue (post Ultimate Six), then being out of stasis by the time Hobgoblin and Death of a Goblin take place doesn't really make sense without the events covered in the game.

So far, only two scenes have been minorly switched around...I'd rather ignore a minor time reference in the corner of the page (and just set it the next day later) than ignore the entire game.

Besides, by your logic, A LOT of issues/entires would be missing because they interfered with previously established continuity.

The point of this timeline is to be as comprehensive as possible (including every Ultimate entry) with the exception of stuff noted as NOT being canon (of which UMTU #9 is the only one). This way, someone can start with the base timeline I put together, and if they feel something isn't canon according to their personal preference, they can ignore it. But for completists such as myself, everything is included already. This way it works for everyone.

Okay, it won't let me edit, so excuse the double post mods.

Anyway, something else you could do is maybe just put an annotation by the Video Game section of the issues, like:

Ultimate Spider-Man 124 pgs. 1-2 [Ultimate Spider-Man Video Game]

or something.

I'm too obsessive compulsive not to list the game levels as well...especially in light of how the levels stretch out over individual issues (or adapting issues). I personally prefer it the way it is.

The Ultimate timeline will never be perfect, Joe. A lot of time this stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt. Still, I think the ordering works fine, at least so far. The next issue could of course throw that all out the window. :?

okay, that's what i thought.

And, yeah I do have ALMOST all of the Ultimate Comics (missing Ultimate Adventures, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #1, Ultimate Human, and Ultimate Iron Man II (oh, and i don't have any supreme verse stuff)

Good man. You're not missing much with Ultimate Iron Man II (its better than the first series, but that isn't saying much). The others are definitly worth a look. And now that Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk is finally on its way to being completed, we can all get the end of the story.

i haven't read USM #124 yet, but i'm sure you did a great jorb. You are just going to leave 123 in the present and put 124 in the past with the game, then?

Let me know what you think when you get a chance to read it. And yeah, as it stands how, the flashback stuff (pages of the actual adaptation of the game) will take place in relation to their position in the video game, and the present day stuff (Eddie talking to people on the bench in #123, and most likely the stuff that'll make up the majority of the next several issues) will take place in Spidey's "present day" (post Amazing Friends).

alright i read it, and here's what i think.

Bendis said that the War of the symbiotes arc would "adapt and expand" the video game and show how it fit into continuity. (I think that's what he said in Ultimate previews a while ago, but correct me if i misquoted him). Which to me suggests that he gonna change some of the details of the story. It seems like he's already done that by using Roxxon instead of Trask. I'm guessing (and this is all just speculation) that he's going to expand the story and make it take place over several months instead of all at one time with the last fight between carnage and venom taking place in the present. But my guess is that instead of having Spidey turn into Carnage and Venom absorbs the carnage out of him, eddie is going to fight Gwen-Carnage (Gwennage?) and absorb the carnage out of her.

That would also explain why Spidey knows that Shocker's name is Herman in the comics (b/c the fight in the game happened "months ago") but Silver Sable didn't know who Spider-Man was in the Silver Sable arc (b/c the Silver Sable part of the game happened after the Silver Sable arc in the comics).

it's just a theory, but it seems like a good theory if i do say so myself. But i guess we'll find out.

alright i read it, and here's what i think.

Bendis said that the War of the symbiotes arc would "adapt and expand" the video game and show how it fit into continuity. (I think that's what he said in Ultimate previews a while ago, but correct me if i misquoted him). Which to me suggests that he gonna change some of the details of the story. It seems like he's already done that by using Roxxon instead of Trask. I'm guessing (and this is all just speculation) that he's going to expand the story and make it take place over several months instead of all at one time with the last fight between carnage and venom taking place in the present. But my guess is that instead of having Spidey turn into Carnage and Venom absorbs the carnage out of him, eddie is going to fight Gwen-Carnage (Gwennage?) and absorb the carnage out of her.

That would also explain why Spidey knows that Shocker's name is Herman in the comics (b/c the fight in the game happened "months ago") but Silver Sable didn't know who Spider-Man was in the Silver Sable arc (b/c the Silver Sable part of the game happened after the Silver Sable arc in the comics).

it's just a theory, but it seems like a good theory if i do say so myself. But i guess we'll find out.

I've been thinking somewhat along the same lines, but there are problems with this:

1.) The MJ/Peter relationship. MJ and Pete broke up at the end of Hobgoblin, and didn't get back together until the end of Clone Saga. MJ's appearance as Peter's girlfriend in the game kind of forces it to occur either before Hobgoblin, or after Clone Saga.

2.) Green Goblin's being put on ice at the end of Ultimate Six, then showing up at the end of Hobgoblin, and then assumedly being killed in Death of a Goblin. So it stands to reason since he shows up in stasis in the game, then released and fought in the game, the game (or the portions he appears) must occur between Ultimate Six and Hobgoblin.

3.) The whole Silver Sable thing is problematic too. She didn't know who he was in the game at first either (much like the comic).

I'm going to have to go back and re-read a lot of the USM trades and re-play the game to iron it out, but I'm waiting until these "flashback" issues are done so I don't forget anything.

Last edited:
1.) The MJ/Peter relationship. MJ and Pete broke up at the end of Hobgoblin, and didn't get back together until the end of Clone Saga. MJ's appearance as Peter's girlfriend in the game kind of forces it to occur either before Hobgoblin, or after Clone Saga.

and in USM #124, MJ is telling him about his butt being on the internet and she says, "as your friend, i though it was wrong not to tell you" I don't know how that fits in since that's the early part (several months ago), but something to chew on.

And, actually, having it take place after clone saga would make sense if Gwen-Carnage is in issue #127 as the Carnage Venom fights. Anyway, we'll see.

2.) Green Goblin's being put on ice at the end of Ultimate Six, then showing up at the end of Hobgoblin, and then assumedly being killed in Death of a Goblin. So it stands to reason since he shows up in stasis in the game, then released and fought in the game, the game (or the portions he appears) must occur between Ultimate Six and Hobgoblin.

i absolutely agree. I wish they would put this in the book. But the Beetle released him, so they may yet.

I'm going to have to go back and re-read a lot of the USM trades and re-play the game to iron it out, but I'm waiting until these "flashback" issues are done so I don't forget anything.

yeah, wait till the arc is over to worry about it too much. Otherwise you're just gonna be rethinking the order after each issue.

and in USM #124, MJ is telling him about his butt being on the internet and she says, "as your friend, i though it was wrong not to tell you" I don't know how that fits in since that's the early part (several months ago), but something to chew on.

but then again, later they are talking on the phone and MJ mentions him taking her to a movie, so never mind.

Latest posts

Back