Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

and in USM #124, MJ is telling him about his butt being on the internet and she says, "as your friend, i though it was wrong not to tell you" I don't know how that fits in since that's the early part (several months ago), but something to chew on.

Eh, her reference to Peter as "Friend" doesn't mean they weren't dating (boyfriend/girlfriend). I've said something similar to girlfriends in a joking manner, which I kind of took it to be.

but then again, later they are talking on the phone and MJ mentions him taking her to a movie, so never mind.

;)

And, actually, having it take place after clone saga would make sense if Gwen-Carnage is in issue #127 as the Carnage Venom fights. Anyway, we'll see.

But by issue #127, we're no longer going to be seeing flashbacks (I'm almost positive of this). Next issue (#125) I think will be part flashback, part present day events. #126-127 will probably be ALL present day events. So for the most part #125-127 will take place after Clone Saga anyway. Its only #124, and maybe parts of #125, that take place during the video game itself. And of course #123 is set in present day as Eddie tells the various people on the bench about his events from the game.

And I really hope the whole "Venom sucks the Carnage out of Gwen thing" doesn't happen, only because I think Gwen will then be back in her "normal" form (even if she is a clone), and possibly re-introduced into the title as a regular/recurring character. I always liked Gwen in the book, but bringing her back like that is lame. Its bad enough she was brought back as a Clone Carnage thing, but curing her of that and bringing her back into the title would be even worse. It'd completely negate (or almost) the impact of Gwen's death on Peter.

...re-reading that paragraph, it makes me sad. This is the stuff I thought the Ultimate titles were not going to stoop to. :(

i absolutely agree. I wish they would put this in the book. But the Beetle released him, so they may yet.

I doubt Goblin will be addressed at all in this arc, mainly because there isn't room for it. Even so, I still think the game and his appearance in that is canon. The point of this arc is focusing on the Symbiotes, and merely using the game's events as back-story and set-up. Like I said, by next issue we'll be back to the present day and done with the game adapting (I think and hope, anyway).

yeah, wait till the arc is over to worry about it too much. Otherwise you're just gonna be rethinking the order after each issue.

Exactly.

Last edited:
so i just finished playing the game again. Some stuff lines up pretty cloesly, but other stuff doesn't at all.

I wondered where you'd been. ;)

i posted a lengthy summary of what happens in the game and how it compares to USM #123, 124 on the marvel.com boards, in case you want to look at it

http://www.marvel.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=3190817#3190817

Nice summary. But seriously, so far it doesn't seem like theres any MAJOR differences. Some scenes from the game aren't addressed in the comics, and some are presented slightly differently (in terms of the ordering or events in the scenes), but this is no surprise. I still think the game is canon, despite any minor differences between this arc's flashback scenes and the game itself.

Any discrepancies could be attributed to Eddie or Peter not remembering the events of the game right (in the current comic arc), or just because Ben punched the dinosaur in UFF #21. ;)

aww, you missed me? That's...kind of weird. :sure:

And sad, no one that i actually know has noticed that i disappeared after church yesterday never to be seen again :miffed:

okay, enough with the emoticons...i'm going to go talk to some real people!
:crazy:

aww, you missed me? That's...kind of weird. :sure:

Hey, you're a timeline freak, I'm a timeline freak, like minds have to stick together. ;)

And sad, no one that i actually know has noticed that i disappeared after church yesterday never to be seen again :miffed:

okay, enough with the emoticons...i'm going to go talk to some real people!
:crazy:

What are real people? Is the guy who sells me my comics one of those?

okay, so problems...
upon further review, it appears that the Rhino fight is pretty clearly a flashback of the Rhino fight in USM Annual #1
(seriously...compare Annual #1 to USM #123)

which clearly causes some timeline problems since Peter and MJ were broken up at the time of Anual #1

(Ben must have punched that Dinosaur pretty hard)

okay, so problems...
upon further review, it appears that the Rhino fight is pretty clearly a flashback of the Rhino fight in USM Annual #1
(seriously...compare Annual #1 to USM #123)

Because of the military showing up? Eh, I can forgive that.

which clearly causes some timeline problems since Peter and MJ were broken up at the time of Anual #1

See, I'd prefer to just forgive the army guys showing up/different setting than the game as opposed to a continuity issue involving a character (Peter not dating MJ at the time).

Besides, it makes more sense that Bendis is adapting the Rhino fight from the video game as opposed to the Annual, since this arc is adapting the game in the first place (despite the obvious nods to the Annual version with the military showing up).

(Ben must have punched that Dinosaur pretty hard)

Ben punches everything pretty hard.

no, no
Spidey says the exact same stuff
"now, where were we before we we rudely interrupted by you throwing me through a wall"

"you're welcome by the way"

and then later the message boards Spidey is reading say the fight took place in Brooklyn and USM #124 says the fight takes place in Brooklyn yards.

no, no
Spidey says the exact same stuff
"now, where were we before we we rudely interrupted by you throwing me through a wall"

"you're welcome by the way"

and then later the message boards Spidey is reading say the fight took place in Brooklyn and USM #124 says the fight takes place in Brooklyn yards.

I'm not saying Bendis didn't rip off his own script from the Annual to write this portion of the game adaptation in the comic, but I'd still rather believe Spidey had the exact same conversation with Rhino than try to work in an unworkable continuity blunder, you know?

If there's more, let me know, but I'd rather look at it that way.

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but in Ultimate Fantastic Four #47 Fury is mentioned as if he's still present in the Ultimate Universe. So shouldn't that make it before Ultimate Power? Ugh, but it's kinda tricky to make it fit that way.

Updated for Ultimate Origins #3.

Created a minor timeline hiccup since the whole Magneto introducing the Savage Land to Xavier has been addressed several times already in Ultimate X-Men (and placed about ten years later there), but it could be argued Erik was showing Charles a new section of the Savage Land to build the Mutant City in the X-Men issues, where this issue had them living out of a cave. Nothing major, though.

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but in Ultimate Fantastic Four #47 Fury is mentioned as if he's still present in the Ultimate Universe. So shouldn't that make it before Ultimate Power? Ugh, but it's kinda tricky to make it fit that way.

You're right. I must've accidentally placed it after Ultimate Power during one of my re-arrangements. Thanks for the heads up, I fixed it.

hey, so i was trying to figure out the order of the savage land stuff, since there have been some continuity problems between UXM, Ultimates 3, and Ultimate Origins. I went through some of the issues, and i think this makes the most sense...if you still even care at this point! haha

25 years before
Ultimate Origins #3 (pg 7-9) Erik Lehnsherr frees Wolverine, kills his mother

20-ish years before
Ultimates 3 #3 (pg 6-9) Wolverine and Magda have an affair

18 years before
Ultimate Origins #3 (pg 10-14) Erik and Xavier meet

11 years before
Ultimate X-Men #11 (pg 1-9)
7 years before
Ultimate X-Men #26 (pg 1-4) Xavier leaves Moira and son to build mutant utopia

6 years before
Ultimate X-Men #26 (pg 5-8)

5 years before
Ultimate X-Men #26 (pg 9-10) Mutant haven in San Fransico
Ultimates 3 #4 (pg 1-4) find savage land by accident

4 years before
Ultimate X-Men #26 (pg 11-12) return to savage land to set up utopia
Ultimate Origins #3 (pg 15-22) same trip, a few hours later (ignoring, the "16 years ago,"
Magneto's hair, and the dinosaurs, this makes the most sense to me)

3 years before
Ultimate X-Men #26 (pg 13-16)

2 years before
Ultimate X-Men #26 (pg 17-20)
Ultimate Spider-Man #120 (pg 21-22)

year one
Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #1
Ultimates 3 #3 (pg 6-9) Magneto wants Wolverine to kill Pietro
Ultimate X-Men #1

this is mostly the same as what you have, but i made sense to me to have the crash landing in the savageland when they meet kazar(from Ultimates 3), first. then the scene from UXM #26, followed directly by the one from Ultimate Origins. I also included Wolverine's flashbacks from Ultimates 3 #3, but i know you put those in the present, so whatever.

Last edited:
actually, come to think of it, if you move all of the discovery of the savage land stuff back in history to around 16 years ago, it makes more sense for the conversation Magneto has with the blob about Liz Allen, and it gives Kazar and Shanna more time to grow up.

That would involved ignoring most of the time refferences in UXM #26, though.

hey, so i was trying to figure out the order of the savage land stuff, since there have been some continuity problems between UXM, Ultimates 3, and Ultimate Origins. I went through some of the issues, and i think this makes the most sense...if you still even care at this point! haha

Seriously, I'm about to have another Ultimate Power episode.

(I almost quit the Ultimate timeline because of Ultimate Power).

this is mostly the same as what you have, but i made sense to me to have the crash landing in the savageland when they meet kazar(from Ultimates 3), first. then the scene from UXM #26, followed directly by the one from Ultimate Origins. I also included Wolverine's flashbacks from Ultimates 3 #3, but i know you put those in the present, so whatever.

The flashbacks in Ultimates 3 I have taking place in the present only because Wolverine is voice-overing in them...this precludes them from being read chronologically and making sense. Hence, its just a present day event of Wolverine telling a story about his past.

As for the rest of it (the Savage Land placements)...I'm pretty sure no matter what order I put it in, its not going to work.

actually, come to think of it, if you move all of the discovery of the savage land stuff back in history to around 16 years ago, it makes more sense for the conversation Magneto has with the blob about Liz Allen, and it gives Kazar and Shanna more time to grow up.

That would involved ignoring most of the time refferences in UXM #26, though.

In terms of the Liz thing, I assume that Blob only found out about Liz when she was 10 or 11 years old. I have to go back and check, but I think the reference in terms of how long ago it had been was only a few years.

As for the rest of it (the Savage Land placements)...I'm pretty sure no matter what order I put it in, its not going to work.

well, it won't work perfectly, but if you;re willing to ignore what the comic says about how long ago it was, and the colour of Magneto's hair, i think my order works decently

Last edited:
well, it won't work perfectly, but if you;re willing to ignore what the comic says about how long ago it was, and the colour of Magneto's hair, i think my order works decently

It does (at least as much as possible), but I want to wait to see how the last two issues play out with their flashbacks before going ahead and ignoring anything specifically maintained by the already released issues.

It does (at least as much as possible), but I want to wait to see how the last two issues play out with their flashbacks before going ahead and ignoring anything specifically maintained by the already released issues.

But I thought you did the dates by writing months , years and dates on 3 dart boards and throwing darts to randomly pick out the dates

"Spider-man saves christmas" *throws darts* "it happened may 19th 1936!"

I'm disappointed that you actually use facts. Anyone can uses facts to prove something :noway:

But I thought you did the dates by writing months , years and dates on 3 dart boards and throwing darts to randomly pick out the dates

"Spider-man saves christmas" *throws darts* "it happened may 19th 1936!"

I'm disappointed that you actually use facts. Anyone can uses facts to prove something :noway:

You're right...I'm sorry, Mole. I never wanted to disappoint you. Forgive me.

*digs dartboard out of closet and starts doing the Ultimate timeline the right way*

Maybe a game of cricket after, eh?

Latest posts

Back