Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

Okay, you may have answered this before, but I'll go ahead anyway.

In USM #6 or 7, Kong states that the creature, who we later know as the Green Goblin, was the Hulk. Spider-Man has only recently gained his powers and his web-fluid at this stage. He also states, "I wonder how Captain America does it." or something similar. Go over to Ultimates #2, and you see the flashback to Spider-Man fighting the Hulk.

Does this still fit in together?

And, you've put the UMTU issues of the Hulk after the Kong mention, which means that they know about Hulk before he appears.

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:

In USM #6 or 7, Kong states that the creature, who we later know as the Green Goblin, was the Hulk. Spider-Man has only recently gained his powers and his web-fluid at this stage. He also states, "I wonder how Captain America does it." or something similar. Go over to Ultimates #2, and you see the flashback to Spider-Man fighting the Hulk.

And, you've put the UMTU issues of the Hulk after the Kong mention, which means that they know about Hulk before he appears.

I've always just assumed that the Captain America thing was just a sign of Peter knowing his history.

As for the Hulk, maybe he thought it was the wrestler.

ProjectX2 said:

In that same scene where Kong mentions the Hulk, either Peter, Flash, or MJ (can't remember who exactly) mentions the Hulk is in Utah. This seems to indicate that the Hulk has existed for at least a little while before the events of UMTU #2-3, and that the public is aware of his existence to some degree. Which then leads in nicely to UMTU issues.

As for the Captain America mention, he was a pretty big hero from WWII, so its possibly to assume he was just harkening back to before Cap was frozen in the ice block.

DIrishB said:
In that same scene where Kong mentions the Hulk, either Peter, Flash, or MJ (can't remember who exactly) mentions the Hulk is in Utah. This seems to indicate that the Hulk has existed for at least a little while before the events of UMTU #2-3, and that the public is aware of his existence to some degree. Which then leads in nicely to UMTU issues.

As for the Captain America mention, he was a pretty big hero from WWII, so its possibly to assume he was just harkening back to before Cap was frozen in the ice block.

I'm pretty sure the UMTU Hulk leads into Utah. :?

DIrishB said:

ProjectX2 said:

Ummm, no. General Ross or Ben Urich (can't remember which one) specifically states in one of those issues that they've been chasing the Hulk since Utah. That would indicate its the other way around. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, and not in a Tom Cruise/anti-depressant kind of way.

How would you explain Reed being born 21 years ago but than saying that he's only 19 in the Ultimate Vision flip?

**** it, we'll just blame it on the "President Thor" arc.

Steve GMan said:
How would you explain Reed being born 21 years ago but than saying that he's only 19 in the Ultimate Vision flip?
Yeah, that's just a continuity glitch. I doubt it'll be addressed again, but maybe, if it works out right, we could just blame it on whatever takes place in President Thor.
EDIT: Speaking of ages, don't know if this was brought up before, but in UXM #3, Wolverine refers to Jean as a certain nineteen-year-old, but in issue 25, Xavier refers to her as an eighteen-year-old.

Last edited:
You're probably right about it being a glitch, it just bothers me.

Pandrio said:
Speaking of ages, don't know if this was brought up before, but in UXM #3, Wolverine refers to Jean as a certain nineteen-year-old, but in issue 25, Xavier refers to her as an eighteen-year-old.

I remember that being explained somewhere... something like Jean wanted Wolverine to think she was older so that he wouldn't be so bashful about *ah-hem* doing the hibbity-dibbity.

And if that doesn't work, blame it on President Thor.

Last edited:
Steve GMan said:
I remember that being explained somewhere... something like Jean wanted Wolverine to think she was older so that he wouldn't be so bashful about *ah-hem* doing the hibbity-dibbity.

And if that doesn't work, blame it on President Thor.
Ha, yeah, that might have happened. I just don't remember reading it.

Pandrio said:
Ha, yeah, that might have happened. I just don't remember reading it.

I don't think it was directly addressed in the comics, probably one of the MillarHours or something like that.

But seriously, just blame it on President Thor. It really makes everything a lot easier. You can even use it in everyday life:

"Why didn't you do your homework, Billy?"
"Uh... President Thor?"
"Oh, ok. Candy for everyone!"

See?

Or maybe months just passed, and in those months her birthday was there, but we just didn't read it? That could be a possibility.

I always liked the Ultimate Iron Man mini-series, but I was wondering about the errors that Card created. I hear a lot of mention, but none really struck me.

His childhood as presented in UMTU was reported as falsified by SHIELD and/or Stark Industries to keep his true background private, so anything that Card states could basically be true. And the mention of Reed Richards in that issue of UMTU is explained as well in some upcoming event. Its name escapes me at the moment though.

Then there is the fact that he was layered in that blue crap to keep him healthy, and people wonder how he can get a tumor. I figured he came off it a long time ago, maybe because he couldn't get drunk with it on, who knows why. I assume it'll all be explained.

I was just wondering any of the other errors I could have missed.

Or is it just shoddy writing that's getting people?

Steve GMan said:

Here's another one for you (even though it has little impact on the timeline) - in Extinction #1 Reed tells Sam Wilson it's nice to meet him in person rather than videoconferencing, even though they DID meet in person in part 1 of Millar's Vision story.

UltimateE said:
Here's another one for you (even though it has little impact on the timeline) - in Extinction #1 Reed tells Sam Wilson it's nice to meet him in person rather than videoconferencing, even though they DID meet in person in part 1 of Millar's Vision story.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure he was just there on the video for the first few pages...

UltimateE said:

I thought Reed was on a big TV or at least in some sort of booth, wasn't he?

Or, umm.... President Thor.

ProjectX2 said:
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure he was just there on the video for the first few pages...

Sure...no. I thought he was looking through a window like he was in the next room.

Latest posts

Back