Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

Pandrio said:
:rockon::rockon::rockon:Welcome Steve GMan!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:
As for your question, Ultimate Avengers should be following the same plotline as Ultimates, so it will be spread out throughout the timeline, it has a tenative (sp?) spot until it comes out.

Thanks for the welcome, this place is really friendly.

My question was about Ultimate Adventures though, the mini-series by Ron Zimmerman with Hawk-Owl and Woody.

Though Ultimate Avengers does look sweet.

Steve GMan said:
Thanks for the welcome, this place is really friendly.

My question was about Ultimate Adventures though, the mini-series by Ron Zimmerman with Hawk-Owl and Woody.

Though Ultimate Avengers does look sweet.
I don't know what you're talking about.
*Edits post*

Last edited:
Pandrio said:
I don't know what you're talking about.
*Edits post*

Serious? I can't tell if you're joking.

Pandrio said:
As for your question, with Ultimate Adventures aren't Jan and Hank arguing already? Anyways, I believe that it fits where it is, between the first 5 pages of Ultimates #6 and the rest of the issue. Why doesn't it fit?

Yeah, I didn't notice that he already had it set between issue 6. My mistake.

Steve GMan said:
I think Ultimate Adventures has to come sometime in the middle of the first arc of Ultimates. If I remember correctly, Thor is part of the team at that point and Jan and Hank are all lovey-dovey. So maybe between issues 4 and 5 or 5 and 6? Anyway, just my opinion.

Nice job all the same though, real comprehensive. You're all true fans.

I placed it where I did because it was the only available expanse of time in the early issues, with the team already established (Cap wasn't even a part of the team until issue 3), and Thor wasn't until he just showed up at the Hulk fight. That puts it after the opening of #6, immediately where I placed it. Also, this is the only time before Hank hits Jan later on that issue, and the team learns of it, so they kick him off. Also notice in Ultimate Adventures, Hank and Jan are arguing the entire time. Sort of a precursor to the events in #6, wouldn't you say?

Pandrio said:
As for your question, with Ultimate Adventures aren't Jan and Hank arguing already? Anyways, I believe that it fits where it is, between the first 5 pages of Ultimates #6 and the rest of the issue. Why doesn't it fit?

It fits.

Steve GMan said:
Yeah, I didn't notice that he already had it set between issue 6. My mistake.

No problem. Anyways, welcome to the site Steve. Anymore timeline questions, I'm the guy to ask. ;) Hope you enjoy the place though, just watch out for MWoF, he can be testy...pretty much all the time. :)

Made some pretty major updates with today's release of Ultimates 2 #9, Ultimate Spider-Man #87, and Marvel Zombies #1. The largest of these changes arises out of U2 #9, which showed a huge attack on NYC and the rest of the US. Considering something of that scope would probably have been mentioned in another Ultimate title, or will be later (especially since Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four are also based out of NYC), that the last half of Ultimates 2 takes place AFTER the current arcs in the other Ultimate titles. Of course, the apparent ignorance of the events from the Ultimate Gah Lak Tus trilogy in the other titles might prove otherwise (with exception to Vaughan's nod to Ultimate Nightmare in the Magnetic North arc of UXM). This also helps close up some large gaps in story between arcs for some of the titles, and makes the timeline flow better overall. Anyway, post any relevant timeline info from todays issues (Ultimates 2 #9, Ultimate Spider-Man #87, or Marvel Zombies #1) as I am stuck at work late and won't be able to pick up mine until this weekend, and am working merely on penciled pages of Ultimates 2 #9 with no dialogue, and mere assumption and logic with USM and Marvel Zombies.

Last edited:
Yo, Irish

You've probably already answered questions on this before, but I'm not here to bust your balls, just to understand how you're working with this:

Technically, the entire run of USM up till (apparently) #100 is set in 2002 - which is the year when The Ultimates team was launched - because Peter hasn't aged or moved up a grade in school since his debut.
This also means that The Ultimates 2 takes place in 2003 ("One Year Later" in vol.2 #1) and anything that happens there happens, at the very least, after USM#100, when Peter will (apparently) turn 16. I dunno...it's Bendis logic, so it's illogical, but it's there.

What are your thoughts on this?

Nas-T! said:
Yo, Irish

You've probably already answered questions on this before, but I'm not here to bust your balls, just to understand how you're working with this:

Technically, the entire run of USM up till (apparently) #100 is set in 2002 - which is the year when The Ultimates team was launched - because Peter hasn't aged or moved up a grade in school since his debut.
This also means that The Ultimates 2 takes place in 2003 ("One Year Later" in vol.2 #1) and anything that happens there happens, at the very least, after USM#100, when Peter will (apparently) turn 16. I dunno...it's Bendis logic, so it's illogical, but it's there.

I figure the stories all pick up towards the end of 2002. And nowhere does it say USM starts in 2002. Thats an assumption. The only date of 2002 given is in the ending of Ultimates #1, and if you notice I place that towards the end of 2002, with the rest of the series picking up not too long after in 2003. And this easily places Ultimates 2 in 2004, not 2003. Also, the firm placement of Ultimate Nightmare in 2004 and its relations to other titles (the mention of these events in Magnetic North arc of UXM and the Spidey/Kitty relationship means the current storylines in those titles must come after) confirms my placements. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:
Nas-T! said:
Yo, Irish

This is why the Ultimates should be in it's own universe, and not ruined by Bendis' crazy thoughts.

DIrishB said:
I figure the stories all pick up towards the end of 2002. And nowhere does it say USM starts in 2002. Thats an assumption. The only date of 2002 given is in the ending of Ultimates #1, and if you notice I place that towards the end of 2002, with the rest of the series picking up not too long after in 2003. And this easily places Ultimates 2 in 2004, not 2003. Also, the firm placement of Ultimate Nightmare in 2004 and its relations to other titles (the mention of these events in Magnetic North arc of UXM and the Spidey/Kitty relationship means the current storylines in those titles must come after) confirms my placements. Hope that answers your question.

What about when Banner flashes back to fighting Spider-Man in Ultimates #2? Issue 2 doesn't take place too long after issue 1 (I'm just assuming, correct me if I'm wrong... I remember the first ending with Stark's expedition team to find Cap and the second starting with lunch with Fury and Banner). Wouldn't Spider-Man have to start in 2002 if he was so established by then?

I guess you can argue that Stark's team was just there for a long time, figuring all the ice they'd have to chip their ways through.

Steve GMan said:
What about when Banner flashes back to fighting Spider-Man in Ultimates #2? Issue 2 doesn't take place too long after issue 1 (I'm just assuming, correct me if I'm wrong... I remember the first ending with Stark's expedition team to find Cap and the second starting with lunch with Fury and Banner). Wouldn't Spider-Man have to start in 2002 if he was so established by then?

No. I think Ultimates #2 takes place at least a few months after Ultimates #1, as Tony is seen discussing going to a meeting which may or may not be related to the Ultimates. And since we know only a few months have passed in the early USM arcs, its very easy to place it all in 2003. Again, Ultimate Nightmare taking place in 2004, and happening BEFORE Ultimates 2, confirms U2 must take place in 2004, therefore the first Ultimates volume must take place in 2003 (with the exception of Ultimates #1).

I guess you can argue that Stark's team was just there for a long time, figuring all the ice they'd have to chip their ways through.

Not even that, its entirely possible he left the mountain soon after that and went back to the US, and we just aren't privy to what he'd been doing during that time.

Added definitive updates for USM #87, Ultimates 2 #9, and Ultimate Iron Man #5 (I forgot to pick up Marvel Zombies #1...arrggghhhh!). The biggest change being Ultimate Iron Man #5 taking place in 1987. The evidence for this is as follows: We know Tony is 14 years old in the second half of UIM #3 and all of UIM #4, as its specifically stated 14 years have passed since his birth. The mention of the Terminator in UIM #3, which came out in 1984, places that issue either during or after 1984. And to reconcile Tony being (most likely) in his mid to late 30s during the Ultimates, this is the best way to place everything. In UIM #5, its shown Tony has aged at least a few years since UIM #4, but its specifically stated he still isn't of legal age, so I figure he's most likely 17 years old, therefore placing UIM #5 in 1987. As always, I'll update as new issues come out.

Also added release dates for March, 2006.

DIrishB said:
Added definitive updates for USM #87, Ultimates 2 #9, and Ultimate Iron Man #5 (I forgot to pick up Marvel Zombies #1...arrggghhhh!). The biggest change being Ultimate Iron Man #5 taking place in 1987. The evidence for this is as follows: We know Tony is 14 years old in the second half of UIM #3 and all of UIM #4, as its specifically stated 14 years have passed since his birth. The mention of the Terminator in UIM #3, which came out in 1984, places that issue either during or after 1984. And to reconcile Tony being (most likely) in his mid to late 30s during the Ultimates, this is the best way to place everything. In UIM #5, its shown Tony has aged at least a few years since UIM #4, but its specifically stated he still isn't of legal age, so I figure he's most likely 17 years old, therefore placing UIM #5 in 1987. As always, I'll update as new issues come out.

Marvel Zombies happens right after the UFF leave.

thee great one said:
Marvel Zombies happens right after the UFF leave.

Yeah, thats how I have it place right now, Marvel Zombies #1-5 right in between UFF #21-23 and #24-26, but to be more specific and anal-retentive (as I tend to be about these things), I wanted to break up the first issue to reconcile with it occuring simultaneously with the FF just returning from the Zombie dimension and meeting Mrs. Storm, and Magneto's escape and then being eaten in Marvel Zombies #1.

Wheels within wheels...

Just wanted to add this in, as I mentioned it in another thread. I'm now convinced the incarnation of Carnage from the video game (the Peter-Carnage) was in fact the first version, instead of the one from the comic book arc. This is from another thread:

DIrishB said:
As for Carnage himself, I've been thinking in terms of the video game storyline vs. the comic plot. I honestly think the video game incarnation of Carnage was the first one (its Peter really, but if you've played the game you know what I mean). The reason I say this is in regards to the Carnage arc in the comic, it makes more sense that way, especially in terms of the timeline. Assuming the Peter-Carnage version was the first, it makes more sense for Dr. Connors to be able to grow the second Carnage in his lab, given that it might have imprinted itself somehow on Peter's DNA as a result of the events in the video game. Of course in the game it was due to the Venom particles in Peter's blood, but in the Carnage arc Connors mentions he grew the second Carnage in his lab by combining Peter's blood with Peter's father's work...in other words, the Venom formula. And voila, another Carnage. After all, in the videogame the first Carnage was created due to a combination of the Venom stuff in his blood, and whatever it was Toomes injected into Peter. And since Bendis himself says the game takes place after the Geldoff arc (he specifically said after #45), it makes sense. This theory is also backed up reconciling the events of both the videogame and comics. Just figured I'd share that.

Latest posts

Back