Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

DIrishB said:
Exactly. I only include flashbacks which aren't being told as a story within the story, and in that case it was merely Peter in present time watching a video of past events, whereas in UFF #1, for example, all the page break-ups are for specific events happening in that present, but still our past. I know that sounds confusing but it makes sense if you actually were to sit down and read every Ultimate issue in the order of the timeline. I also don't include flashbacks that include a voiceover of a character in the present, because this is merely that character telling a story in present time instead of it actually happening in the past. I hope that makes sense.

Nope, no, I totally get what you're saying. HOWEVER, only part of that scene is actually the video. We clearly see Richard "Ray ma' a$$!" Parker holding the camera, which he couldn't possibly be doing if he's the one filming it with that camera!! :D
So it starts as the video, but then it becomes a regular flashback. Booyaa! :wink:

Nas

Nas-T! said:
Nope, no, I totally get what you're saying. HOWEVER, only part of that scene is actually the video. We clearly see Richard "Ray ma' a$$!" Parker holding the camera, which he couldn't possibly be doing if he's the one filming it with that camera!! :D
So it starts as the video, but then it becomes a regular flashback. Booyaa! :wink:
The question is "Would it make sense if read seperately?" I don't think it would.

Last edited:
haven't read many posts in this thread, & only know the one's posted today...
are you going to change the USM game positions because bendis said that the game takes place between 36-46 now, & you have it listed up near the 60's-70's-80's so...
just wondering if you didn't know that or if there was a reason

RUFUS! said:
are you going to change the USM game positions because bendis said that the game takes place between 36-46 now, & you have it listed up near the 60's-70's-80's so...

Didn't Bendis say that only the first part of the game is set between those two issues to follow on directly from #39? I dunno, I haven't played the game yet so I try not to pay too much attention to spoilers.

Nas

RUFUS! said:
Now, since when can you believe everything Bendis says? I don't think they need to be changed, they fit much better the way they are.

Nas-T! said:

Nas

Fine. Peter started watching the video and then remembered back to the occasion. Still a flashback of the past occuring in the present all in Pete's head. Or Aunt May's for that matter.

Pandrio said:
The question is "Would it make sense if read seperately?" I don't think it would.

No, it wouldn't, so it stands how its originally posted.

RUFUS! said:

The reason is Bendis doesn't know what the hell he's talking about even in regards to his own timeline. The appearance of Electro means it has to happen after Ultimate Six, since he was in a coma between that and the Learning Curve arc, and Green Goblin wasn't in stasis until after Ultimate Six, meaning this game most definitly takes place AFTER Ultimate Six. Also, the familiarity of the Torch and Spidey in the game means it also should happen after the USM #68-69 arc, but due to the Torch appearance in the game occurring on the same level as Peter not having a costume due to him losing it in the fight with Venom, we have to place that level around USM #45.

This means that for it to make sense we must assume the first meeting between Spidey and Torch occurred in the USMSS #1 and not in USM #68-69.

DIrishB said:
Fine. Peter started watching the video and then remembered back to the occasion. Still a flashback of the past occuring in the present all in Pete's head. Or Aunt May's for that matter.
Cool. Cool. Not trying to rock the boat or anything, just checking.

DIrishB said:
The reason is Bendis doesn't know what the hell he's talking about even in regards to his own timeline. The appearance of Electro means it has to happen after Ultimate Six, since he was in a coma between that and the Learning Curve arc, and Green Goblin wasn't in stasis until after Ultimate Six, meaning this game most definitly takes place AFTER Ultimate Six. Also, the familiarity of the Torch and Spidey in the game means it also should happen after the USM #68-69 arc, but due to the Torch appearance in the game occurring on the same level as Peter not having a costume due to him losing it in the fight with Venom, we have to place that level around USM #45.
This means that for it to make sense we must assume the first meeting between Spidey and Torch occurred in the USMSS #1 and not in USM #68-69.
Man, BENDIS! is such a clown! The dude can't people's names straight (Peter's dad, MJ's dad, Curt Conners' family) but here he is telling US where the game fits in! No wonder Marvel continuity is such a mess (in 616 and UU)! If one writer doesn't know the continuity he himself created, how the HELL will the editors ever figure it out?

They're all probably sitting around in a small room smoking weed like (um...some?) college students (Time for an imaginary tale!:D ):
Bendis: Yo, Bagz! Yo, Bagz! I got this great idea...where, like, Peter meets Johnny Storm for the first time, man!
Bagley: You mean I, like, get to draw Human Torch AND Spider-Man in the same issue!? Awesome!!!
Editor: But, like, didn't that, like, already happen in that other issue we released some time...uh...like...ago? I know I got it somewhere around here.
Assistant Editor (handing him the Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special #1): Hmm...I think it was in here.
*Editor opens the book and finds half the pages missing.*
Editor: Man, didn't David Mack, like, draw something for us in this book?
Bendis: David Mack can draw!?
Bagley: Shyeah! Look at meee! I'm David Mack! I can, like, draw a squiggle and write gibberish under it and call it a masterpiece!
Editor: No, seriously, I'm sure Spidey met Human Torch in here somewhere.
Assistant Editor (holding Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #9): But...didn't that happen in THIS issue?
Bendis: No way, man! That was just a joke! I didn't even mean for that stuff to get printed!
Editor: Aha! I found it!
*Editor tosses Bendis a half a panel featuring Human Torch and Spidey.*
Bendis: Riiight! Let's do this again! Woohoo!!

The End

Nas
Uh-ThankYou!

Nas-T! said:
Cool. Cool. Not trying to rock the boat or anything, just checking.

Its no problem, just explaining my reasoning.

Man, BENDIS! is such a clown! The dude can't people's names straight (Peter's dad, MJ's dad, Curt Conners' family) but here he is telling US where the game fits in! No wonder Marvel continuity is such a mess (in 616 and UU)! If one writer doesn't know the continuity he himself created, how the HELL will the editors ever figure it out?

Its the editors job to keep that stuff straight, so its a failure both on the part of the writers and editors.

They're all probably sitting around in a small room smoking weed like (um...some?) college students (Time for an imaginary tale!:D ):

Trust me, I smoke plenty and I have no problem keeping the continuity straight, so thats no excuse. I think it has more to do with carelessness.

Bendis: Yo, Bagz! Yo, Bagz! I got this great idea...where, like, Peter meets Johnny Storm for the first time, man!
Bagley: You mean I, like, get to draw Human Torch AND Spider-Man in the same issue!? Awesome!!!
Editor: But, like, didn't that, like, already happen in that other issue we released some time...uh...like...ago? I know I got it somewhere around here.
Assistant Editor (handing him the Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special #1): Hmm...I think it was in here.
*Editor opens the book and finds half the pages missing.*
Editor: Man, didn't David Mack, like, draw something for us in this book?
Bendis: David Mack can draw!?
Bagley: Shyeah! Look at meee! I'm David Mack! I can, like, draw a squiggle and write gibberish under it and call it a masterpiece!
Editor: No, seriously, I'm sure Spidey met Human Torch in here somewhere.
Assistant Editor (holding Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #9): But...didn't that happen in THIS issue?
Bendis: No way, man! That was just a joke! I didn't even mean for that stuff to get printed!
Editor: Aha! I found it!
*Editor tosses Bendis a half a panel featuring Human Torch and Spidey.*
Bendis: Riiight! Let's do this again! Woohoo!!

The End

Nas
Uh-ThankYou!

:lol: Nice.

Oy Stuart (who got the info from the Ultimate editors and writers) said Ultimate Six was between Cats and Kings and Hollywood. Electro wouldnt have known the Kingpin was free cuz he was in prison (they've had this kind of thing before in 616 comics) and theres nothing wrong with Doc Ock busting out as soon as he was imprisoned cuz SHHIELD was dumb enough to put him in a normal prison :p

I know you've answered this countless times, but im convinced that Ultimate Six comes after Cats and Kings. If thats how the Ultimate Editors and Writers want it, then thats how its supposed to be :)

Nurhachi said:
Oy Stuart (who got the info from the Ultimate editors and writers) said Ultimate Six was between Cats and Kings and Hollywood. Electro wouldnt have known the Kingpin was free cuz he was in prison (they've had this kind of thing before in 616 comics) and theres nothing wrong with Doc Ock busting out as soon as he was imprisoned cuz SHHIELD was dumb enough to put him in a normal prison :p

I know you've answered this countless times, but im convinced that Ultimate Six comes after Cats and Kings. If thats how the Ultimate Editors and Writers want it, then thats how its supposed to be :)
And that doesn't fit the best at this moment, so I doubt this will change DIrishB's mind.

Last edited:
Nurhachi said:

Why change it? Its evident it was originally supposed to occur before Cats & Kings.

Pandrio said:
And that doesn't fit the best at this moment, so I doubt this will change DIrishB's mind.

Pandrio and I are on the same page to be sure.

Last edited:
All right, got a doozie of a question for you...

In the Fantastic Four 40th Anniversary Special we are treated to the a meeting of several differant Reeds and Sues. Of those, Ultimate Reed and Sue make an appearance. There memories are wiped by the end [to maintain whatever form of continuity marvel has]. Should the event be in the timeline. AS of now the ultimate universe has had only its own alternate realities but now it seems that it would be connected to many of the countless others [Also of note, a while back the ultimate X-men appeared in Exiles]. Heres' an image for those who want proof.

FFWeddingSpecial1-10.jpg

Ultxon said:
All right, got a doozie of a question for you...

In the Fantastic Four 40th Anniversary Special we are treated to the a meeting of several differant Reeds and Sues. Of those, Ultimate Reed and Sue make an appearance. There memories are wiped by the end [to maintain whatever form of continuity marvel has]. Should the event be in the timeline. AS of now the ultimate universe has had only its own alternate realities but now it seems that it would be connected to many of the countless others [Also of note, a while back the ultimate X-men appeared in Exiles]. Heres' an image for those who want proof.

FFWeddingSpecial1-10.jpg

Ehhh, I don't really think it should be included, one because (at least from that page, if there's more to it than that please give a summary or scan any relevant pages) it isn't specified its them, though I don't doubt it probably is. It seems like more of a cameo than an actual appearance. Also, in terms of the Exiles appearance of the Ultimate X-Men, thats another case where its more of a cameo.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think they should be included for that reason.

Ehhh, I don't really think it should be included, one because (at least from that page, if there's more to it than that please give a summary or scan any relevant pages) it isn't specified its them, though I don't doubt it probably is. It seems like more of a cameo than an actual appearance. Also, in terms of the Exiles appearance of the Ultimate X-Men, thats another case where its more of a cameo.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think they should be included for that reason.

That is pretty much it, they don't speak, but do continue to be seen in the background. My main point was that marvel 616 and ultimate can connect much to many members dismay more than likely.

Ultxon said:
That is pretty much it, they don't speak, but do continue to be seen in the background. My main point was that marvel 616 and ultimate can connect much to many members dismay more than likely.

Definitly true, and I don't doubt its only a matter of time before they have a crossover mini-series, despite Joey Q. saying it'll never happen.

I think Ultimate Adventures has to come sometime in the middle of the first arc of Ultimates. If I remember correctly, Thor is part of the team at that point and Jan and Hank are all lovey-dovey. So maybe between issues 4 and 5 or 5 and 6? Anyway, just my opinion.

Nice job all the same though, real comprehensive. You're all true fans.

Last edited:
Steve GMan said:
I think Ultimate Adventures has to come sometime in the middle of the first arc of Ultimates. If I remember correctly, Thor is part of the team at that point and Jan and Hank are all lovey-dovey. So maybe between issues 4 and 5 or 5 and 6? Anyway, just my opinion.

Yo, yo. What up Steve to the GMan?

WELCOME!:D

Steve GMan said:

:rockon::rockon::rockon:Welcome Steve GMan!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:
As for your question, with Ultimate Adventures aren't Jan and Hank arguing already? Anyways, I believe that it fits where it is, between the first 5 pages of Ultimates #6 and the rest of the issue. Why doesn't it fit?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back