Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 3.0)

Also is it possible to assume that Fury was talking about the reserves. Actually thats a good point, he may have been talking about the reserves, which may actually be the new ultimates under governmengt control. hum

Thats entirely true as well. Actually, as shown in Ultimatum #2, thats exactly whats going on (the Giant Men working under SHIELD control rescuing people after the tidal wave). Its just they're working under Danvers instead of Fury since he's still in the Squadron universe.

except that the whole point of the Deadpool arc was that Deadpool and the Reavers kidnapped the X-Men and everybody they found at the school (c.f. Spider-Man) so he wasn't just staying back from the mission, b/c it wasn't a mission.

I hadn't read it since it came out, so was fuzzy on the details. Still, Magician's powers would make it more than easy for him to hide from
Deadpool and his lackeys. He alters reality, after all.

But you're right, "Deadpool" had to have come before "Magical" b/c of the Danger room scene with the Liberators.

Yep.

@ -beardroms-
Magician wasn't there for the exact same reason that Iceman wasn't there and that Rogue was flying: Bendis doesn't pay attention.

Yeppers to that one too.

Magician- So omnipotent that he willed himself out of existence in order to fix a continuity error [or maybe doing something with SHIELD, but I like the first one better].

Iceman- He could have been visiting his family or something. Not a real hole in continuity.

Rogue- She was just falling with style. Prove me wrong!

I think that clears it up.

Making sense of Ultimate continuity requires a lot of illogical jumps in reasoning. ;)

...How did he get home?

A really long ice sled.

they are really releasing this stuff out of order!
UFF#59 continues right from Ult #2 (even though it came out first)
and USM #129 comes before Ult #1, (but came out the same time as Ult #2) and judging by the covers USM # 130 comes between Ult #1 and #2, and USM #131 continues right from Ult # 2.

Also, Ultimate Hulk Annual (which has been delayed several times) has to come before Ultimatum #1 b/c it guest star Captain America (and probably explains a little bit about where Zarda has been...but then again it's written by Loeb so who knows).

For a project that has been in the works for over a year-and-a-half, this is ridiculous!

they are really releasing this stuff out of order!
UFF#59 continues right from Ult #2 (even though it came out first)
and USM #129 comes before Ult #1, (but came out the same time as Ult #2) and judging by the covers USM # 130 comes between Ult #1 and #2, and USM #131 continues right from Ult # 2.

Also, Ultimate Hulk Annual (which has been delayed several times) has to come before Ultimatum #1 b/c it guest star Captain America (and probably explains a little bit about where Zarda has been...but then again it's written by Loeb so who knows).

For a project that has been in the works for over a year-and-a-half, this is ridiculous!

Its this type of release schedule which gives the Ultimate timeline a small shred of validity.

i'm thinking the part of Ultimate Cap Annual in which Panther fights Thunderball should come after the part in Ultimate Hulk Annual (*spits on the floor*) in which Zarda fights the whole Wrecking crew. There is no specific time reference, but it seems like it makes sense. Cap explains how the wrecking crew became villains, but doesn't seem to know much about them, and they are all together and they get defeated. Then in Ultimate Cap Annual, only Thunderball is there (it makes more sense that he would have escaped when Zarda took the team down and then done some solo stuff than the other way round) and Cap seems to know who he is when he shows Black Panther.

i'm thinking the part of Ultimate Cap Annual in which Panther fights Thunderball should come after the part in Ultimate Hulk Annual (*spits on the floor*) in which Zarda fights the whole Wrecking crew. There is no specific time reference, but it seems like it makes sense. Cap explains how the wrecking crew became villains, but doesn't seem to know much about them, and they are all together and they get defeated. Then in Ultimate Cap Annual, only Thunderball is there (it makes more sense that he would have escaped when Zarda took the team down and then done some solo stuff than the other way round) and Cap seems to know who he is when he shows Black Panther.

Can't. Fury appears in most of the Ult Cap Annual, placing most (if not all) of it pre-Ultimate Power. The Ult Hulk Annual must occur post-Ultimate Power since Zarda appears in it.

Last edited:
Ahh...it seems the student still has a thing or two to learn from the teacher. Worry not, Grasshopper, for you are my greatest student! And one day, I will unleash you on the world as a tidal wave of righteous timeline fury!

well, i was more talking about the fact that Ultimate Power screws EVERYTHING up and foils a lot of attempts to make the timeline make sense.

However, I fully admit that you are the timeline master and I am merely a padawan/grasshopper. I will continue to learn at your feet until you have nothing left to teach me. But one day I will surpass you in greatness and then I will kill you and find a worthy apprentice of my own, for that is the way of the Sith.:twisted:

(mods that wasn't an actual threat, I was just trying to out-nerd him in my apprentice references):innocent:

well, i was more talking about the fact that Ultimate Power screws EVERYTHING up and foils a lot of attempts to make the timeline make sense.

However, I fully admit that you are the timeline master and I am merely a padawan/grasshopper. I will continue to learn at your feet until you have nothing left to teach me. But one day I will surpass you in greatness and then I will kill you and find a worthy apprentice of my own, for that is the way of the Sith.:twisted:

(mods that wasn't an actual threat, I was just trying to out-nerd him in my apprentice references):innocent:

I look forward to the day you slit my throat with a piece of paper (on which the Ultimate timeline will be printed). This is the way of the world. Carry on.

Okay, so i just got Ultimates 3 (I think it's okay, not as bad as you are all saying)
but i dont want to start a fight but DIrishB i notice that there are some flashbacks in Ultimates 3 issues 3, which you have not put into the timeline.

Okay, so i just got Ultimates 3 (I think it's okay, not as bad as you are all saying)
but i dont want to start a fight

I encourage you to mention stuff if it seems off to you. Don't worry about starting a fight. At best a debate, but never a fight. At best it helps me fix a mistake, at worst it helps you understand why I placed something as I did.

but DIrishB i notice that there are some flashbacks in Ultimates 3 issues 3, which you have not put into the timeline.

Are you talking about the Wolverine stuff? Or the Savage Land stuff?

Because I view them as flashbacks within the context of a narrative story by one of the characters as opposed to the events actually happening at that time in the past. In other words, a character in the present day is describing past events and panels or pages show these events, maybe even with text, but there's still a narrative of the present day story occurring over it.

The same applies to the beginning of the USM Venom arc, when Peter is watching the video of him, his parents, and the Brocks at the picnic when Peter is very young. There's no notation for that on the timeline because all we saw is the video recording of that scene, not the scene itself in that past time context.

Another way to view it is to look at it like a movie. If a character is describing a past event that occurred 10 years ago, the story is still set in present day, as opposed to 10 years ago. However, if a complete scene (even if its only a page or a portion of a page) actually occurs in its own present time (though in the past or future in relation to current Ultimate time), then its placed accordingly on the timeline.

Usually such scenes are noted in the comics with "5 Years Ago", etc, so its easy to place them...other times the exact time or year isn't specifically noted so they have to be placed on mentions of events or characters, etc.

Its confusing as hell, but I figure thats the best approach to a confusing mess of continuity anyway.

Last edited:
One thing to note. Although there has been several times that it is claimed that based on the Ultimates, it's already 2-3 years, the way Ultimatum presents it and the recent books like UFF states that it has only been one year since almost all of the recent events (from UFF to Ultimates) have taken place.

It sounds inane and ridiculous, but I think the recent writers don't want to age the characters too fast. Millar did not have much an issue in this as his characters (the Ultimates) are already grown-ups, but books like USM, UXM and UFF that want to keep their characters as teenagers or still in high school.

One thing to note. Although there has been several times that it is claimed that based on the Ultimates, it's already 2-3 years, the way Ultimatum presents it and the recent books like UFF states that it has only been one year since almost all of the recent events (from UFF to Ultimates) have taken place.

It sounds inane and ridiculous, but I think the recent writers don't want to age the characters too fast. Millar did not have much an issue in this as his characters (the Ultimates) are already grown-ups, but books like USM, UXM and UFF that want to keep their characters as teenagers or still in high school.

Absolutely. With UFF and UXM both over, USM and the upcoming Ultimate Avengers will be the only ongoings in the Ultimate universe, so that may or may not be more important in the next year or so. It'll be interesting to see how they approach the chronology of the post-Ultimatum universe.

I dont think there is anything wrong with saying it has been going on for a year to be honest. Maybe we could all just accept the fact that ultimates 1,2 and 3 happened within a one years span.

I was wondering... In Ultimate Power the Squadron Supreme from Earth-712 get sucked into the battle by the Scarlet Witch. Where does this take place in the 712 timeline? I can't seem to make it fit anywhere.

Latest posts

Back