Ultimate MMORPG

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Hmmmm, this thread actually helps me a great deal.You see for my final project in University, I am designing a text-based MMPORPG....keep throwing out ideas and ways of doing things guys...and I am writing them down!!!

awesome, how about you give us some pointers on how to set this up and we'll start throwing out more ideas? deal?

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Hmmmm, this thread actually helps me a great deal.You see for my final project in University, I am designing a text-based MMPORPG....keep throwing out ideas and ways of doing things guys...and I am writing them down!!!

Go play some MUD games then... :?

DIrishB said:
Proj is apparently really against this idea working... :(

No, it's just it sounds like you actually want this to be some kind of online multiplayer game and I don't know how you're going to do this...

I thought we were just going to share ideas of a UU MMORPG, not try and make one... :?

And a text-based MMORPG is practically a MUD game. :roll:

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

ProjectX2 said:
No, it's just it sounds like you actually want this to be some kind of online multiplayer game and I don't know how you're going to do this...

I thought we were just going to share ideas of a UU MMORPG, not try and make one... :?

Technically it CAN'T be a true MMORPG, as I don't think any of us are prolific enough to program something of that magnitude, nor willing to do it without being paid. However, we can make a text based RPG (so it technically won't be MASSIVE Multiplayer...how about Moderately Decent Amount...MDAORPG?)

That was why I suggested using Heroclix dials for the character stats, and a random dice generator, and we'd just about be good to go once we set some rules.

Then call it a MUD. Can't remember what it stands for, but I know it's practically the text version of a MMORPG.

Latest posts

Back