Ultimate MoonKnight Vs. Ultimate Daredevil (Why isn't Lindelof writing this instead?)

Ultimate Daredevil or Ultimate MoonKnight

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
It's what I mean it's been done and Matt's storylines are past that. If I want an Ultimate Daredevil I guess I should just look at 616 Moon Knight

Makes sense. Except Ultimate Daredevil is exactly like 616 Daredevil. Instead of just being blind like the 616 version, Ultimate Daredevil should've had a seeing-eye dog who was his side-kick while he was out fighting crime. It could've been called...wait for it...Daredog. Or Dogdevil. Yeah, Dogdevil.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Makes sense. Except Ultimate Daredevil is exactly like 616 Daredevil. Instead of just being blind like the 616 version, Ultimate Daredevil should've had a seeing-eye dog who was his side-kick while he was out fighting crime. It could've been called...wait for it...Daredog. Or Dogdevil. Yeah, Dogdevil.

The dog's name was Lightning. Unreleased issues of Daredevil had Matt adopt a German Shepard named Lightning. That fought crime with him.

DIrishB said:
Makes sense. Except Ultimate Daredevil is exactly like 616 Daredevil.

Which is why I wish they would have kept the black ninja costume.

Sorry - that's a rant for another thread.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The dog's name was Lightning. Unreleased issues of Daredevil had Matt adopt a German Shepard named Lightning. That fought crime with him.

I like "Daredog" better.

UltimateE said:
Which is why I wish they would have kept the black ninja costume.

That wasn't no ninja costume, it was a black sweat-suit. His unoriginality is understandable, however, given his blindness.

Sorry if this was already shown. I found this on wikipedia about ultimate Elektra:

"Moon Knight put her into a coma by throwing one of his moon-shaped throwing blades into her head."

I didn't read the ultimate Spiderman issues that featured MK but if this is true, is this what's going to cause the fight between UDD and UMK?

To me it seems likely.

DGrayson said:
Sorry if this was already shown. I found this on wikipedia about ultimate Elektra:

"Moon Knight put her into a coma by throwing one of his moon-shaped throwing blades into her head."

That was during the recent Warriors arc, either the last or second to last issue of it.

I didn't read the ultimate Spiderman issues that featured MK but if this is true, is this what's going to cause the fight between UDD and UMK?

To me it seems likely.

Good point, this very well could be. After all, we all know Matt probably still pines after her.

Could be something to provoke him into coming around again... I wouldn't like that, but it's certainly a possibility.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I said that a while back but really that'd be a lame reason.

Daredevil: "Who beat up my ex girlfriend"

It'd be more in character if he actually went after Fisk for taking Elektra down this dark road.

Good point...I miss Ultimate Daredevil, I really hope Bendis isn't talking out his *** when he said DD would be showing up again soon.

DIrishB said:
Good point...I miss Ultimate Daredevil, I really hope Bendis isn't talking out his *** when he said DD would be showing up again soon.
I don't think Bendis is joking or anything. He said Kitty and a bunch others would be showing up, and now they are (and going to).

Last edited:
DGrayson said:
So Elektra's now working for the kingpin? has she fought bullseye yet?

She's been working for him for a while now, almost ever since she became a mercenary. She fought Bullseye back in the Ultimate Elektra mini-series (the second one, not the one with DD in the title). It wasn't very good, but worth reading if you're a fan of the Ultimate Universe or Elektra.

icemastertron said:
I don't think Bendis is joking or anything. He said Kitty and a bunch others would be showing up, and now they are (and going to).

*crosses fingers*

DGrayson said:
So Elektra's now working for the kingpin? has she fought bullseye yet?

Steve GMan said:
She's been working for him for a while now, almost ever since she became a mercenary. She fought Bullseye back in the Ultimate Elektra mini-series (the second one, not the one with DD in the title). It wasn't very good, but worth reading if you're a fan of the Ultimate Universe or Elektra.

That about sums it up.

DIrishB said:
I just hope he doesn't share page time with some other B-List (can we call the other characters that in the Ultimate Universe?) for like the 100th issue or something. I want a storyline focusing on the the differences between the two characters.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I just hope he doesn't share page time with some other B-List (can we call the other characters that in the Ultimate Universe?) for like the 100th issue or something. I want a storyline focusing on the the differences between the two characters.

I'd like to see that as well, though I don't think his next appearance in USM will be anything like that unfortunately. I think it'll be more along the lines of him helping Spidey out with something, or else berating him for something else.

I re-read part of the "Warriors" arc, and if Spider-Man can evade and land a few blows on Moon Knight, I think Daredevil would properly take MK down since he has more experience than Spider-Man, and probably knows how to handle himself better. He stays calm and cool in battle, while Peter is always nervous but seems to cover it up through jokes and banter, and MK is just a nut. I think the only time Daredevil would let someone get the better of him is if he was fighting Elektra, but if his heart isn't involved, the man is all business. MK fights with too much anger and rage and it seems to get the better of him each time he fights. And he is the one in a coma, while Daredevil is still protecting Hell's Kitchen.

The way I see it, it's like DD>SM>MK. Though, it could be like a rock-paper-scissors kind of deal, though I doubt that.

It's an old thread, but I liked it a lot since I was so shocked at the lack of DD support.

Last edited:
To be fair, we don't know anything about Moon Knight other than he is against the Kingpin. My guess is he's tied to the tablet that the Black Cat tossed away. How cool would that be?

Latest posts

Back