Ultimate Nick Fury - Good or Bad

Do You Trust Nick Fury?

• Yes

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Unsure at present time (before events of GTA)

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
Nick Fury is black. We all know the only non-evil black people dance while picking cotton so that they can eat chicken.

Thus, Nick Fury is evil.

It's also worth noting that he is the director of SHIELD, and that requires time and money.

Everything else is a lie.

Bass said:
Nick Fury is black. We all know the only non-evil black people dance while picking cotton so that they can eat chicken.
Agree. The only exception to that rule is 'sagely niggah' Morgan Freeman.

Not saying that he is, but it's very possible that Fury is obsessed with fame and power... Like any villain would be. This is probably a really good reason to be selfish about his life. He could have a wife and kids if he so wishes, but he's got responsibilities and long term plans for something a lot more worth while.

Goodwill said:
Not saying that he is, but it's very possible that Fury is obsessed with fame and power...
Can you give me any evidence to support that statement at all? I can't think of any

Nick Fury's not a bad guy, he'd have nothing to gain from being a bad guy. He has his own motives, and he does what he thinks is right. We know he's more liberal than someone like General Ross, or Colonel Wraith because he said he voted for Nader, and it shows. He took away the supposed need to throw countless lives away by giving the Supersoldier Program a budget boost. Now, regardless of this, he is still a General (except in USP, i suppose... :wink: ) and he thinks like a general. He does what he needs to do, and he has screwed up, but not everything is his fault.

Another thing that should be pointed out is that OZ was being worked on before Nick Fury became Director of SHIELD. Nick Fury was at that point an Agent, a pawn of SHIELD, he very possibly wasn't involved in the process of creating superhumans before he ascended to that position. He read the file on Banner, got his idea for the Ultimates, and started hiring. He is not responsible for all the crazy super people we had in Ultimate Six, SHIELD is, Fury isn't. Fury held them without trial because they are in all technicalities not humans, and the same laws do Not apply to them. Yes, the government wanted people to develop supersoldier serum, but I bet they never authorized testing on humans. They did test on humans, and those people were no longer protected by the constitution, because they were illegally in existance. I dont see any of that as Nick Fury's fault.

My biggest problem with him is that he is pushing around the world with his Ultimates, and I do think he's had a little bit of an ego trip. Regardless of who Henry Pym was or what people perceived him to be, the old Nick Fury wouldn't ignore flying death robots... Now he's using the team to ensure American power, and if you had the Ultimates, why wouldn't you use them to help fight an otherwise catastrophic situation? I would. Is it right, probably not. Does it make sense? yes. Nick Fury runs by Logic and Politics, and little else.

I don't think he's being malevolent.

Caduceus said:
Can you give me any evidence to support that statement at all? I can't think of any

In Ultimate Spider-Man he says, "I'M getting taken off?" When Hob was plowing through... Concede much, Fury?

I personally agree with MwoF. Fury is trying to do his best to keep his country ticking, by any means neccessary. Is this evil? No. Is this moral? Probably to him. Is it a good thing for everyone? h&// no. But will it save lives and other morally valuable things? d@#^ it. Of course it will.

I think it would be awsome to have a series of essays compiled by everyone here and collect them in a thread called the Ultimates and Philosophy. Who's with me?

Anyhow Nick Fury is a human. And, because of this, he's bound to make mistakes. And, because of his rank and power, his mistakes have greater consiquences. So, he tries his best to not make mistakes in these areas.

Lets see Nick Fury stopped at least 2 coups that were orchestrated by senior military officials, he saved the X-Men from the wrath of Wraith, he quietly dealt with a situation that would have seriously reignited human on mutant hostilities. Not a villain in the slightest. Using the Ultimates out side of the country is kosher imo cause that's the real world. Hell I wonder if any Ultimate US laws were broken when he did that.

Delta Force Operators, soldiers of the highly elite counter-terrorism Spec Ops Force, were used against terrorist groups acting on US soil even though Posse Commitus forbids using military forces as law enforcement agents. FBI:Hostage Rescue Team, a Special Operations Force, is now used in place of Delta Force in terrorist situations that take place on US soil. It would appear that this is in full compliance with letter and spirit of Posse Commitus, however HRT Operators train with Devgru(formally SEAL Team 6) and Delta Force and they can be deployed on foreign soil and they have been used in Afganistan and Iraq as SF commandos in the same vein as the other two counter-terrorism SOFs. "Back door" anybody?

If you have exceptionally skilled people at your disposal when the stakes are high you put them to good use cause thats the real world.

Lets see Nick Fury stopped at least 2 coups that were orchestrated by senior military officials, he saved the X-Men from the wrath of Wraith, he quietly dealt with a situation that would have seriously reignited human on mutant hostilities. Not a villain in the slightest. Using the Ultimates out side of the country is kosher imo cause that's the real world. Hell I wonder if any Ultimate US laws were broken when he did that.

Delta Force Operators, soldiers of the highly elite counter-terrorism Spec Ops Force, were used against terrorist groups acting on US soil even though Posse Commitus forbids using military forces as law enforcement agents. FBI:Hostage Rescue Team, a Special Operations Force, is now used in place of Delta Force in terrorist situations that take place on US soil. It would appear that this is in full compliance with letter and spirit of Posse Commitus, however HRT Operators train with Devgru(formally SEAL Team 6) and Delta Force and they can be deployed on foreign soil and they have been used in Afganistan and Iraq as SF commandos in the same vein as the other two counter-terrorism SOFs. "Back door" anybody?

If you have exceptionally skilled people at your disposal when the stakes are high you put them to good use cause thats the real world.
Well Put

I trust the guy... He's only doing what he thinks is good for the country... Actually he's doing whats good for the world!!! The liberators were just a fluke that slipped by his radar... It wont happen again... And as for the whole Ult. Spidey thing... he knew it was gonna come down to it so he was being prepared if peter went rouge on him.

He's goin for president... Maybe my name shouldnt be Ult. Cap 4 Pres, but Fury for pres... idk... its wutever... oh and he's the only african american on the team so i gotta trust'em :D

I dont Trus Nick fury.. He wants to police the world...that aint right

Good. And I trust him.

Millar's made him a great character. Read Ultimates 1 and 2 and the Return to Weapon X arc. Fury's awesome.

Sure he butt heads with people, Xavier being a big case in point, and Spidey doesn't get along with him at all. But hell, Fury doesn't trust a telepath like Ultimate Xavier, and neither would any of us. And Pete's just buckling under authority.

You watch before the end of Clone Saga Richard Parker will be revealed as a villain, and Fury's name cleared of such nonsense talk.

Then we can move on to other nonsense Fury talk, like Betty loving Fury.

Thx
Good. And I trust him.

Millar's made him a great character. Read Ultimates 1 and 2 and the Return to Weapon X arc. Fury's awesome.

Sure he butt heads with people, Xavier being a big case in point, and Spidey doesn't get along with him at all. But hell, Fury doesn't trust a telepath like Ultimate Xavier, and neither would any of us. And Pete's just buckling under authority.

You watch before the end of Clone Saga Richard Parker will be revealed as a villain, and Fury's name cleared of such nonsense talk.

Then we can move on to other nonsense Fury talk, like Betty loving Fury.
I lawled

Latest posts

Back