Ultimate Nightmare #5 discussion (spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
OK, the speculation is NOW OVER!

The issue, well, it was good. But nothing of this "it's worth the wait", since we knew what was coming. What was the thing they found? Well, it wasn't no Silver Surfer. :wink:

No, what they found, was a robot. The robot came in 1904 to warn earth, that in 100 years, their planet was going to be attacked. But as we all know, he never got to warn anyone. The robot was taken prisoner, and was used to make the Russian super soldiers, and what now. They kept it there, and the Russians used it to do what they wanted.

The issue ended with a ship, coming and locking unto earth, do destroy it. The ship, as we also know, is the Kree spaceship.

Now, we can FINALLY move unto Ultimate Secret.

Last edited:
Oh yeah- one more thing.

In this issue it's officially mentioned that Galactus will be coming.

WATCH OUT! :scared:

Can you describe Ultimate Vision for us that dont have the money to get the book.

well, in his original, non-dissected by Russian scientists form, Ultimate Vision looks very much like the original Vision, but without the very 70's/80's influenced green and yellow spandex costume. Also, he seems to be bigger than humans, almost twice as tall, in the few panels I saw of him with other characters in it to use as reference. He has the red skin and everything, and is very humanoid looking. He even has the little gem on his forehead...unfortunately, due to the Russians hacking off pieces of him and implanting them in the Russian version of super-soldiers, he's only got half a face, and is missing arms below the elbow, and nothing below the waist. Thus, we get to see that he's at least part robot as there's a bunch of robotic parts, though his skeleton appears to be organic. However, SHIELD took him with them, and Fury orders Falcon to spend every waking hour with him to learn about "Gah Lak Tus" (really like that spelling of Galactus, seems less hokey and more alien). Obviously, we'll probably see Vision repaired and joining the team at some point, which will be very cool.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get to see Ultimate Galactus till the end of Ultimate Secret or beginning of Ultimate Arrival. I was pleased with this issue though. I also liked how Wolverine had a little tirade at the end, which is just more motivation for him leaving the team in Ultimate X-Men #53, so obviously Ultimate Nightmare takes place probably immediately before the Cry Wolf arc in #50-53. Can't wait till Ultimate Secret.

I really liked Ultimate Vision. I can't wait to see him put back together, although being giant like that would make a Vision/Scarlet Witch romantic aspect a little awkward. Maybe during reconstruction he is brought down to human proportions? *shrugs* Given his size... what else would that do with him? He's hardly Giant Man, but he's still far too big for things sized for humans.

jtg3885 said:
I really liked Ultimate Vision. I can't wait to see him put back together, although being giant like that would make a Vision/Scarlet Witch romantic aspect a little awkward. Maybe during reconstruction he is brought down to human proportions? *shrugs* Given his size... what else would that do with him? He's hardly Giant Man, but he's still far too big for things sized for humans.

Maybe they won't be able to reconstruct him and they'll make a downsized body for him. and just transfer his personality over.

If he gets taken back, it seems likely that Ultron is made up of vision parts rather than torch parts. Rather interesting.

Also, "gah lak tus" is way better. Happy that they are still taking the development of aliens seriously.

AWESOME.

Great ending. I won't say it was worth the wait, but that's only because the wait was too ridiculously long.

DIrishB - I agree with you I like the Gah LacTus name much more than the 60's cheesiness of "Galactus". Now I'm interested to see if the hardcover will be called Ultimate Galactus or Ultimate Gah Lac Tus.

Great use of Vision - better than using him in Ultimates. Any Vision experts care to compare his powers in 616 to what we've seen in the Ultimate version?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Personally I don't think we've seen the last of the English, original spelling. They'll probably take what Vision said and rename him. It was spelled broken up so I don't think it's official.
My thoughts precisely.

yeah, it's perfectly understandable that he would be referred to as galactus. But at least his real name isn't galactus. He is, after all, not english.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ok? So you think they'll call him Galactus but you're just happy his origin name isn't "Galactus"?

They can call him "the giant spudmonster" for all i care. As long as he doesn't call himself 'galactus'. He's a big alien dude, that doesn't give a damn about the english language. he's here to eat the planet.

jtg3885 said:
We haven't seen him do anything in the UU yet, so there's no power comparison to do at the moment.
But we've seen what his body parts can do when bolted on.
to the best of my knowledge, vision could only alter his density, and perhaps shoot a beat from his forehead (which i'm kinda sketchy on). we've seen a forehead beam at least.

Latest posts

Back