Ultimate Origins series discussion [Bendis/Guice] [spoilers]

Does Rick Jones have to choke a *****?

Yes.

Yes I believe he does have to choke a *****. And that *****'s name is Jeph Loeb.

CHOKE HIM.

My commentary on #5:

Craig says:
T'Challa wtf?
Craig says:
What is Ultimate Origins?
Craig says:
I don't know what's happening anymore.
Craig says:
They're changing the past so Loeb's stuff makes sense?
Craig says:
That's the purpose of this mini, isn't it?
Luis says:
I dont know who is.
Luis says:
I think that was the purpose after bendis wrote it
Luis says:
"We're pushing it back so it can fit with what Loeb wrote"
Luis says:
and they "disguise" it with the excuse "loeb isnt ready"
Craig says:
This mini has lots of little bits that remind me how cool the Ultimate Universe is.
Craig says:
The page with Xavier lying in the forest with a ****ing metal spear in his back.
Craig says:
And a single tear.
Craig says:
That is great.
Craig says:
So powerful.
Craig says:
Everything he's been working towards is about to be undone.
Craig says:
He put all his hope in Erik Lensherr and he was wrong.
Craig says:
Xavier is John Locke.
Craig says:
Wait, seriously?
Craig says:
That's how this whole mini ends?!
Craig says:
WHAT THE **** WHAT THE **** WHAT THE ****
Luis says:
Is it that bad?
Craig says:
There was no ending.
Craig says:
That wasn't a story.

I know. Retconning stuff so it fits with Loeb. Ugh.

I didn't get the T'challa bit. What was the point? Just a needless cameo? We already know that Ultimate Black Panther is Cap, and doesn't seem in any way connected to T'challa, so was this just a "HEY GUYS LOOK BLACK PANTHER IS REALLY DEAD"?

I didn't get the T'challa bit. What was the point? Just a needless cameo? We already know that Ultimate Black Panther is Cap, and doesn't seem in any way connected to T'challa, so was this just a "HEY GUYS LOOK BLACK PANTHER IS REALLY DEAD"?

wrong. Check out the previews for the Ultimate Captain America Annual, T'Challa is Black Panther

T'Challa is the black Wolverine, b/c aparently every white super hero needs to have a black counterpart (that wasn't intended to be racist, just a dig at Marvel for overusing a plot device that was cool in Captain America:The Truth, but hasn't been since then)

I re-read this recently. I decided I like it. It's not without it's problems though...

• The end is terrible. The story is incomplete. There is no sense of closure
  • The dialogue, of course. I don't remember the Ultimate Team-Up story, but didn't Spider-Man just kind of run into Hulk at the warehouse? When Bruce says "Listen, it's all connected. That's it. That's the key" or whatever it was, it makes it sound like he was seeing Peter out. It sounds stupid. Nobody would talk like that if they were on the run from the military and unexpectedly face-to-face with Spider-Man.
  • Pick any of the continuity problems. Hilariously, many (most?) are conflicts with something Bendis himself has written. Specifically the issue with Peter's parents, although I will admit that I kind of like it better that Hulk killed them. Still, we saw them at the picnic in the video scene with the Brocks.

I do like the older WW2 stories, and I like the idea of a herald coming to fix something or whatever he's doing (again, the ending being so incomplete - who knows?). I would like it better if the groundwork was being laid for, well, anyone but Loeb, to continue with it.

I get the reasoning for making the Watcher(s) the stone robot things instead of aliens in robes with giant heads for the same reason Galactus couldn't really be a giant in a pink and purple suit, but really - stone robot things aren't much better.

Ah well. I did like it more than my griping would indicate.

Specifically the issue with Peter's parents, although I will admit that I kind of like it better that Hulk killed them. Still, we saw them at the picnic in the video scene with the Brocks.

I can't remember if I read it or If I heard it on a pod cast. But Bendis said, that the Parkers weren't dead in that scene just unconscious.

Last edited:
Also, man invented mutants even though it seems to spread throughout the human population in now discernible pattern beyond 'bull****'.

This was another problem I had with it.

I can't remember if I read it or If I heard it on a pod cast. But Bendis said, that the Parkers weren't dead in that scene just unconscious.

What scene - the Hulk scene? If so then that's an incredibly retarded thing for him to say. If they were only unconscious why would Fury take Peter away, making it look like it was for good?

Bendis is unconscious.

:lol:

Latest posts

Back