Ultimate Origins series discussion [Bendis/Guice] [spoilers]

Richard Parker must be one hell of a guy. He created the Venom project (a truly ridiculous biological innovation) with Eddie Brock Sr, got into an all-out legal brawl over it, did some of the preliminary work of raising Peter, and presumably did some work on his silly string formula--all while dead.

I introduce you to Ultimate Chameleon.

TwilightEL said:
I think I need to take a step back, because I'm seriously starting to dislike Bendis as a person and that's neither right nor healthy.

anti-Semite

Richard Parker must be one hell of a guy. He created the Venom project (a truly ridiculous biological innovation) with Eddie Brock Sr, got into an all-out legal brawl over it, did some of the preliminary work of raising Peter, and presumably did some work on his silly string formula--all while dead.

That's pretty impressive. All Tupac can do is release the occasional single.

But then, I suppose it is all connected.

By bull****.

anti-Semite

:lol::lol::lol:

I think I need to take a step back, because I'm seriously starting to dislike Bendis as a person and that's neither right nor healthy.

Ultimate Clone Saga II:Even Clone-er... Now with more plot holes!

Yesterday I made my first trip to the LCS in over a month. I didn't realize it had been that long, but $250 later I'm out the door with my quarry.

Yes. $250. After a 25% discount. I really need to edit my sub list.

Anyway, one of the books I've read out of the pile already was Ultimate Origins #4 and honestly, it makes me want to find Brian Michael Bendis and slam his face into the wall about a thousand times. After that, I'll go for Jeph Loeb.

I don't like Grandpa Fury, I don't like that Banner killed the Parkers and I don't like this issue at all. It angers me enough to where I want to kill the Parkers. Now Marvel's going to hand this whole affair over to Jeph Loeb and it will set the record for suck in the Ultimate Universe.

Oh, and who's bright idea was it to let Jeph Loeb of all people pen Ultimate Captain America Annual #1? Also, who's bright idea was it to have a Ultimate Captain America Annual when there isn't even an ongoing Ultimate Captain America series?

Seriously, putting your Jeph Loeb in my Ultimate Universe is nowhere near as tasty as putting your peanut butter in my chocolate. In fact, the stench is enough to keep me away from it permanently. Smells like.... *sniff sniff* poop.

I'm hoping that Mrs. Parker is not Mary Parker and Richard Parker for some reason survived the attack. It sounds moronic but its better than this messed-up crap we have now. It's too bad considering that Origins is a decent read, we just don't like the contradictions.

Damnit, I hate everything about this comic. Fury was supposed to meet Wolverine during the Gulf War. *******it, why is Wolverine the first mutant?! What about Apocalypse? Why is Nick Fury just the Ultimized version of Isaiah Bradley?! ****, ****ing sons of ****ing *****es! ****ing ****s!

Ultimate X-Men sucks! Ultimates 3 sucks! I don't read Ultimate Spider-Man but I hear it sucks! And I haven't heard much good news from Ultimate Fantastic Four either!

Since when do robots need to use DNA to create android duplicates of people?! Why can't Loeb come up with one original idea instead of using villains from other titles? Since when was Ultron a ****ing Doombot?! Gaaahd, why does Valkyrie have powers, why does Thor talk like a douchebag, why does Hawkeye have a bullseye on his head, why are Spider-Man and Wolverine on the team, why is Wasp now Caucasian, why does Captain America need another secret identity, why isn't the Black Panther black, why is Pyro a bad guy, why is Banshee a drug, why do the senior X-Men use drugs, why does Xavier have Wolverine's claws, why does Colossus have a metal heart and internal organs, why does Alpha Flight suck, why has Quicksilver become a villain again in Absolute Power when he died a hero in Ultimates 3, and what the **** happened to the Ultimate Universe?

Every Ultimate comic published after Ultimates 2 #13 needs to be written out of continuity! Or just, written out of existence somehow! Get Scarlet Witch to do it. Oh, wait, Loeb ****ing killed Scarlet Witch! Mother****er, *******it!

Damnit, I hate everything about this comic. Fury was supposed to meet Wolverine during the Gulf War. *******it, why is Wolverine the first mutant?! What about Apocalypse? Why is Nick Fury just the Ultimized version of Isaiah Bradley?! ****, ****ing sons of ****ing *****es! ****ing ****s!

Ultimate X-Men sucks! Ultimates 3 sucks! I don't read Ultimate Spider-Man but I hear it sucks! And I haven't heard much good news from Ultimate Fantastic Four either!

Since when do robots need to use DNA to create android duplicates of people?! Why can't Loeb come up with one original idea instead of using villains from other titles? Since when was Ultron a ****ing Doombot?! Gaaahd, why does Valkyrie have powers, why does Thor talk like a douchebag, why does Hawkeye have a bullseye on his head, why are Spider-Man and Wolverine on the team, why is Wasp now Caucasian, why does Captain America need another secret identity, why isn't the Black Panther black, why is Pyro a bad guy, why is Banshee a drug, why do the senior X-Men use drugs, why does Xavier have Wolverine's claws, why does Colossus have a metal heart and internal organs, why does Alpha Flight suck, why has Quicksilver become a villain again in Absolute Power when he died a hero in Ultimates 3, and what the **** happened to the Ultimate Universe?

Every Ultimate comic published after Ultimates 2 #13 needs to be written out of continuity! Or just, written out of existence somehow! Get Scarlet Witch to do it. Oh, wait, Loeb ****ing killed Scarlet Witch! Mother****er, *******it!

:rockon:

another continuity problem with Ultimate Origins. In Ultimate War Cap tells Fury that he fought alongside Wolverine ("Lucky Jim Howlett") in World War 2, but Ultimate Origins has Wolverine captured and being experimented on before Cap becomes cap and he stays captured until Magneto frees him many many years later.

haha, it's almost becoming fun finding all of the problems with this stuff.
Seriously. Ultimates 3, Ultimate Origins, and the last arc of UXM (Absolute Power) have TOTALLY screwed up the continuity! Ultimate Power was just a taste of what was to come!

I'd love it if all the continuity screw-ups were intentional and were part of the ground work for the un-doing of reality in the Ultimate universe. At least give some meaning to your mistakes, you know, retcon the screw-ups into something (sort of) meaningful? :roll:

I'd love it if all the continuity screw-ups were intentional and were part of the ground work for the un-doing of reality in the Ultimate universe. At least give some meaning to your mistakes, you know, retcon the screw-ups into something (sort of) meaningful? :roll:

yeah, i've been wondering about this...

Ultimate Power and Ultimates 3 have a couple of common threads

1) Loeb was involved in the writing
2) as a direct result of number 1 they both sucked
3) Neither fit well in continuity
4) "Scarlet Witch's reality-altering powers are more powerful/dangerous than we thought, we should do something about it!" was said in some form or other in both

And Ultimate Origins is screwing up the continuity in SO many ways it seems like it HAD to be on purpose!

So what if the continuity screw-ups ARE infact intentional and are a direct result of Scarlet Witch having a melt-down and are leading up to the undo-ing of reality.

The Ultimates have already been secretly been infultrated and replaced by robots. But as a result of Ultimatum the Super hero community will be devided and Nick Fury will select a few of the heros to invade the savage land and try to kill Scarlet Witch again. When they do the Supremeverse will be combined with the Ultimate Universe and the whole timeline will be rewritten!
Ultimatum = Secret House of UltiMate Civil Invasion Crisis War...Dissasembled

Last edited:
I just re-read UXM arc "Shock And Awe" and Dr Cornelius tells Yuri that he's done experimenting on mutants, making our enimy stronger, so he wants to see if he can give her powers. Yuri says she isn't a mutant but that Cornelius did some gene-splicing and she ends up with powers almost exactly the same as Wolverine's. But wouldn't Ultimate Origins show that she actually IS a mutant? In 'Magnetic North' Fury tells Longshot that Deathstrike/Yuri isn't a mutant, just a human who changed her DNA (which is illegal)

i'm also wondering about Geldoff, Prof Xavier says he's not really a mutant, but he sort of is...scientists tampered with his placenta whil he was still in the womb

what makes these people not mutants and Wolverine a mutant?

I can't remember if i've mentioned this here, but in Bendis' run on UXM (Blockbuster) Dugan (who is also in Ultimate Origins back during WWII and apparently knows Wolverine as Jim according to the Blockbuster arc..is he a super soldier too? *sigh*) anyway, in Blockbuster, Dugan says that the anti-mutant faction in the government will stop at nothing to end the "mutant virus" and then Cyclops says, "Mutant virus?" and that's the last anyone ever hears about it

except that Beast was working on a cure for the legacy virus in the 'clifhangers' issue of UXM

so i'm guessing that maybe the mutated genome they made in Wolverine is contageous some how (mutant virus) which would explain how Magneto and other became mutants after Wolverine. And maybe Fury knows more about this than he's letting on and was manipulating Beast into finding a 'cure' for the mutant genome/'virus'

I would love Ultimatum to be about this...i mean done poorly it would suck just like anything else done poorly...and it also has a lot of potential to seem too much like X-Men 3 (the movie) but focusing on the government conspiracy part...the cover-up that mutants are man-made. (Why is it illegal to mutate yourself? answer: they don't want people to find out that mutants are the result of genetic experiments). Bring back Geldoff and Dr Cornelius (who is using the chunk of Wolverine that Sabertooth took during 'Date Night' to create the next generation of sentinels; which would tie up that loose plot end and tie it in with the UFF/UXM UXM/UFF annuals)

i don't know, i like it! :D

Latest posts

Back