Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

• Total voters
Or maybe the world is wrong and I'm right! Have you ever considered that?! HAVE YOU?!

c|:{

I think you guys who voted for it are not thinking straight. Bass is usually right, I'm usually right (I'm not even joking. Look at the past polls.) All this crossover still is, is some excuse to cross something over. It's not Ultimate, it's lame and taints the universe we already know. So what if they already went to Zombie-verse that was self contained. They're threatening with loosing Ultimate Characters and bringing in Powers characters to the Ultimate Universe. Stupid-selfish-fanboyish idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I think you guys who voted for it are not thinking straight. Bass is usually right, I'm usually right (I'm not even joking. Look at the past polls.) All this crossover still is, is some excuse to cross something over. It's not Ultimate, it's lame and taints the universe we already know. So what if they already went to Zombie-verse that was self contained. They're threatening with loosing Ultimate Characters and bringing in Powers characters to the Ultimate Universe. Stupid-selfish-fanboyish idea.
First of all, there's no name calling. No "idiots", thank you.

Second of all, because someone doesn't share your opinion, they're automatically "idiots"? :sure:

Think again.

Those who voted for it (including me), have given reasonable positions on their thoughts as to why they chose it's a good and interesting idea. You may think Bass is "usually right" but that's Bass's opinion. And you have yours. That doesn't make you right. That just shows what you think on your likes and dislikes.

Last edited:
Ice said:
First of all, there's no name calling. No "idiots", thank you.

Second of all, because someone doesn't share your opinion, they're automatically "idiots"? :sure:

Think again.

Those who voted for it (including me), have given reasonable positions on their thoughts as to why they chose it's a good and interesting idea. You may think Bass is "usually right" but that's Bass's opinion. And you have yours. That doesn't make you right. That just shows what you think on your likes and dislikes.

I'm just agreeing with Bass. I think for the most part when something of this nature comes up people, the majority, usually vote for the same thing he does. Not because they're sideing with him but because he usually picks the right answer first. And there are such things as ******.

And your reasons are just, "Well it's already a separated universe, so why not?" and "Powers is good. Ultimate Universe is good. So...
Eric Cartman said:
DUUUUURRR!!!!
"
And also "I wonder who would win a fight between Ultimate Hulk and Hyperion" is not a reason.

Where's the Captain Mahr-Vell Mini, The Daredevil Mini, The Ultimate Wakanda Wars, Ultimate Ghost Rider, Ultimate Captain America? Why are you wasting my time on big scale events like this without fleshing out the characters that should be fleshed out?

There is no "right answer". Just your opinion. They aren't either right nor wrong.

Where's the Captain Mahr-Vell Mini
You want to let the mini he's currently in finish first? Thanks.

The Daredevil Mini
He's been in 2 and guest starred here and there.

The Ultimate Wakanda Wars
That JUST got named. Easy there. :?

Ultimate Ghost Rider
There's no plans for him to be done right now. So don't expect anything for a good while.

Ultimate Captain America? Why are you wasting my time on big scale events like this without fleshing out the characters that should be fleshed out?
You want Ult. Cap fleshed out? Read the upcoming Ultimates 2 Annual. :wink:

Now, why I won't say we can't have other minis or anything to help flesh out characters, that doesn't mean this mini is shouldn't be done (that's my OPINION, by the way). I myself have never said that just because it's a sepereated universe that it justifies for this to be okay. MY reason, or one, is that the because the point of the Supremeverse (Not Powers from Icons, cuz that's how you have it as) is the same as Ultimate U. since they are an ultimization of the 616 team. I'm not saying this is going to rock automatically, but the idea is a good one to explore. I don't read the SP books, but again, the idea of it all seems it can be done with great if the writers pull it off right.

The poll isn't about why there aren't other minis. I just named random characters to get the point across that they should be focusing on interesting more detailed characterizations instead of big bang oooh-la-la look whose coming to dinner "crap"* that makes fanboys wet themselves.

*I quote crap because the mini might still be good but it shouldn't be done.

Last edited:
I have to say that for me - the idea is fine. I got no problem with the idea. And the crossover's existence doesn't prevent future minis focusing on characters.

But let's be honest - Ultimate Iron Man is a big failure, when it was supposed to be a mega-hit. Marvel is continually trying to outhype DC (and vice-versa). So to Marvel would think that crossovers and big superteams are selling well, but small minis based on single characters are unpopular - because they care about sales.

Regardless, Ultimate Power doesn't prevent future minis.

The only reason I think this is a huge mistake has nothing to do with the idea - but purely based on the creative team responsible for it because I don't believe these writers are any good at their craft and haven't been for far too long.

I don't think this'll be a mistake because it's "Ultimate Power", but because I think it's written by Bendis, Loeb, and Straczynski.

TheManWithoutFear said:
All this crossover still is, is some excuse to cross something over.

I think you just said what I was thinking and didn't even realize it. There is no natural progression toward an event like this. The fact that they announced it as a crossover instead of using a teaser as to why something like this might happen in the UU proves that. Great point...

Bass said:
Ultimate Iron Man is a big failure, when it was supposed to be a mega-hit.

...but at the same time, I don't think it's fair to judge this based on other unrelated books. Especially Ultimate Iron Man.

You misunderstand.

I was saying that Ultimate Iron Man was supposed to be a mega-hit and it failed and that is why Marvel would be less interested in doing another Ultimate mini focusing on a single hero (Cap, Thor) than another Ultimate superteam crossover, considering the success of Ultimate Extinction.

I wasn't judging Ultimate Power in relation to Ultimate Iron Man, but simply saying why Ultimate Power or a series like it would be more likely than Ultimate Captain America or Ultimate Thor at the moment.

I see. Fair point.

Although I'd be surprised if true if that was the reason why. I doubt you'd ever hear Marvel say that UIM was a failure. In fact, as far as I can tell it was received pretty positively overall.

I think they also get more bang for their buck with big crossovers like this. Look at the different "demographics" (for lack of a better term) they are hitting with this - Bendis fans, Loeb fans, JMS fans, Ultimate readers, Supreme Power readers, etc. etc. etc.

Sadly it seems like either a mini is a moneygrabbing opportunity or a well-written piece. Rarely do they get to be both. I fear the same for this.

E said:
Although I'd be surprised if true if that was the reason why. I doubt you'd ever hear Marvel say that UIM was a failure. In fact, as far as I can tell it was received pretty positively overall.

Fair enough. I thought it flopped. I doubt Marvel would admit to it flopping though, even if it had. But I don't actually know, so I'm just assuming.

E said:
Sadly it seems like either a mini is a moneygrabbing opportunity or a well-written piece. Rarely do they get to be both. I fear the same for this.

Yeah. :(

Notice how the bar for the votes for "it's a positive" thing is red, for REPUBLICAN, while the votes for "this is gonna stink up the UU" are Blue, for DEMOCRAT.

*spits on the ground*

*releases Sentox Nerve Gas in Moscow*

I'm confused.

I'm blue, thus a democrat, but I thought I was a 'foreigner'.

I'm confused.

****. The scales of justice have tipped in the favour of one option.

Does that mean there's a nuclear holocaust and all the kiddies have to rape each other and sacrifice chickens now?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Seriously though, who are half the people who voted for it?

Click on the numbers and you can see.

Latest posts

Back