Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

Ultimate Power: Nice little crossover or Biggest mistake ever?

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
I know that. Actually nevermind I thought they were mostly unknowns voting. This is civil war.

It's funny, because most of the people who have voted for it, haven't even read Supreme Power, and probably don't know what to expect. If they're watering it down just for the sake of this crossover, then Marvel, you disappoint me once again.

ProjectX2 said:
It's funny, because most of the people who have voted for it, haven't even read Supreme Power, and probably don't know what to expect. If they're watering it down just for the sake of this crossover, then Marvel, you disappoint me once again.
Well, do you really expect what was done in SP in the MAX line to be anything like what they'll do in the crossover?

Ice said:
Well, do you really expect what was done in SP in the MAX line to be anything like what they'll do in the crossover?

No, which is why it's stupid to cross it over.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Where's the Captain Mahr-Vell Mini, The Daredevil Mini, The Ultimate Wakanda Wars, Ultimate Ghost Rider, Ultimate Captain America? Why are you wasting my time on big scale events like this without fleshing out the characters that should be fleshed out?

I know this is a bit off-topic, but what the hell is The Ultimate Wakanda Wars? Did you just make that up or is this something rumored (or even planned) to be happening?

DIrishB said:
I know this is a bit off-topic, but what the hell is The Ultimate Wakanda Wars? Did you just make that up or is this something rumored (or even planned) to be happening?

It was hinted at in Ultimate Spider-Man.

DIrishB said:
It was? I must not've been paying attention. Was it actually mentioned within the comic itself, or on the letters page? If you can, lemme know the issue. I'd appreciate it.

I believe it was in the latest issue, with Deadpool or one of the Reavers talking about the Wakanda wars.

It's arse is what it is but I understand why they're doing it. Hello.

Squadron Supreme was created to see who would win in a fight between the Avengers and the JLA, so they made an evil JLA but didn't tell DC about it because they're sneaky folks at Marvel and keep weasels in their hats, but you don't care about that.

A good few stories that have come out of the UU have been up-to-date-spanky-rehashes of what went before, as the SS are doing now, wasn't an early on story involve brainwashing other heroes for some purpose or another? Either way, it's a logical idea, these two government sponsored teams meet up and have a fight, it fits in seamlessly with what we have seem developing through both titles, a modern take on old events. So great yeah? Of course it is, apart from this tragic realisation.

IT'S A FIGHT COMIC!

Now, I could use this brief space between grabbing myself another coffee and passing out on the way to my new and wonderfully styled kettle (which you don't care about either) to give a deep, insightful and Bass-beating™ critique of the writers on this book, but really.. we all know what they're like and we all know that they have different styles (or habits in Loeb's case) that don't appeal to everyone. And with any book I read, they story is paramount and the writer is merely a facilitator of that story. (not even close to the right word to use, but jeez, gimme a break! like a pack of rabid dogs)

Perhaps I should have voted for the hidden 'I'm not all that fussed really' option. I doubt it will screw up continuity because it'll not be mentioned or even referenced ever again, such is the Ultimate way. It won't be an OMGLOLWTFBBQLEMONSQUEEZER story either, I can happy ignore it and get on with my life and still read whatever comics I decide to without falling for this cheap arse marketing ploy.

But if I do read it, I sure as **** hope that that **** Bendis isn't writing the dialogue and making Nighthawk sound like a nervous fourteen year old as he does all of his other characters.

Yeah

Made no sense to me either

Coffee

I caught my finger in a fridge door earlier without even opening or closing the door, I have a new superpower.

THIS APRIL

HE'S BACK

GUIJ: THE RETURN.

Coming soon to Ultimate Central

DIrishB said:
Yeah, so...MAX title Supreme Power crossing over with the way less edgy Ultimate-verse...so Zarda will be wearing clothes in this mini, I'm assuming. And Nighthawk will be less violent, methinks.

Well, isn't the continuation (Squadron Supreme) a Marvel Knights title? That's making it on about the same level as UU. So maybe the crossover won't be taming Squadron Supreme, because it's already tamed itself :p.

Bass said:

He wasn't replying to you - I deleted the posts he was replying to and didn't modify his post. :D

Dr_Draco said:
Well, isn't the continuation (Squadron Supreme) a Marvel Knights title? That's making it on about the same level as UU. So maybe the crossover won't be taming Squadron Supreme, because it's already tamed itself :p.

Good point. I have noticed a distinct lack of boobies in the first two issue of SS. Too bad. :(

Latest posts

Back