Ultimate Punisher...

XTFLyons said:
he's not a "mere human" he's the punisher a qualified "superhero" he should be able to hold his own

He's not a superhero, he's a vigilante.

And yes, he is a mere human. One with lots of guns.

I'm just sayin' he's enough for comics and a movie and what have you there are fans of the punisher alone because he's the most realistic of i think everyone in the marvel universe so let's give him some spotlight and not just have him get a 2 second cameo where he gets crushed...

He said he DIDN'T want that, but that's what happens.

Like DD, Punisher isn't needed in the Ultimate Universe. I mean, what are they doing? Yeah, they're just sitting around and occasionally co-starring in an insignificant arc. DD and Punisher are two characters better left in the 616 Universe.

Sorry about that XT, didn't see that.

But I don't mind if Punisher is in the UU or not. Of course, that doesn't mean he shouldn't appear here and there.

Regarding Punisher, I don´t really care about the character - Ultimate or otherwise. Maybe I would if I read something good with him - any recommendations?

Daredevil, however, I actually think have his place in the Ultimate Universe. Not on the level of importance he´s on in 616, where I think he´s in the absolute top. I agree that there really is no need to have his own Ultimate series, considering how "ultimate" the regular Daredevil is right now.

But i DO think it´s nice that he at least exists in Ultimate U, and makes the occasional appearance. It helps give the other characters some depth. My example is Spider-man, who in Ultimate is young and inexperienced, while Daredevil is older and something of a veteran in the game. The chemistry between them the few times they have met is something that wouldn´t really happen in 616, where Spidey is more of a regular "goofball" in contrast to DD:s more serious and straight approach. I love everytime those two characters come together, and I think its cool that the Ultimate versions furthers the "gap" between the two by making the age difference bigger.

supermusli said:
Regarding Punisher, I don´t really care about the character - Ultimate or otherwise. Maybe I would if I read something good with him - any recommendations?

Yeah- PUNISHER: MAX

It's the best Punisher series. It's one of the best selling adult books. It has swearing, with blood and stuff, which is perfect in a Punisher book.

Give this a try. The first arc sold out before it even finished! (By advanced orders that is).

icemastertron said:

It's the best Punisher series. It's one of the best selling adult books. It has swearing, with blood and stuff, which is perfect in a Punisher book.

Give this a try. The first arc sold out before it even finished! (By advanced orders that is).

I strongly agree. I haven't picked up the second trade "Kitchen Irish" yet, but the first was awesome.

Goodwill said:
Is Punisher all that raw of a title? I mean, it can't be as gritty as everyone says it is...

Read the first MAX trade then you tell me.

icemastertron said:

Thanks Icemastertron! I´ll pick it up as soon as I get back to Stockholm. (I´m in Östersund during christmas, a godforsaken town where comic shops doesn´t exist...)

Who is the writer/artist on Punisher: MAX?

Punisher isn't a hero. Just a psychotic vigilante. I mean (in 616), the guy killed a couple for jaywalking. You call that a hero?

Latest posts

Back