Ultimate Punisher...

I know he's not the bad guy. But he's still not a hero. He's a psychotic vigilante. VERY BIG difference. He kills on purpose to "help the world" as he says.

How can you not understand that?

One of the things that also makes the Ultimate Universe so great is that it is confined into four titles... The 616 universe is so vast no and it's so hard to keep up with. Wouldn't you agree? If the Ultimate Universe became that intricate, I would have to drop it, too, and adding Punisher and DD would just be a mess. Marvel dropped the less needed characters so they could focus on the ones that need some dust brushed off of them. You know how it goes.

You don't have single argument to say these things other than you're a fan of these characters do you? You have to do what makes sense...

Well, if I recall correctly, one of the first appearances of the Punisher was when he tried to off Spidey. Not very hero-like.

Sorry XTF, but I've got to go against you here. The guy was never a hero. He never saved children from the paths of out of control trucks. He stuck knives in bad people.

And the Punisher is anything but realistic. Spiderman cheating death hundreds of times a day is acceptable, the guy has superpowers, he isn't human. But the Punisher is human. It's almost impossible for me to take the Punisher seriously. What he does, how he does it, and the odds he faces in doing it are soooo ridiculous as to beggar belief. Spiderman is presented as a super powered being. It's a given that he survives all kinds of crap, that he takes on the worst and walks away from it. That's the advantage of being super powered. The Punisher is presented as a human being, yet we are supposed to accept the things he does, the things he takes on, and the things he walks away from. For a superhero to do these kind of things is believable, it's within the rules that have been created in this characters universe. But for a human to do these kind of things? Nope. not for one second. Calling the Punisher believable and realistic is like calling James Bond or Die Hard realistic. Spiderman is realistic within the rules and the world it has created. If Punisher was remotely realistic, then after the first five issues he would have been pushing up daisies.

Disclaimer: I'm not bad mouthing any particular writers or series' of Punisher. I admit I haven't read any of Ennis' run. My beef is with the Punisher in general.

So, there's my two cents. Well, more like $1074,56.

this is absolute ludicrous DD and punisher are less needed and you guys are talkin about shangchi cloak and dagger moonknight or whoever.... I always had a few essential superheroes in mind when i thought of the marvel lineup and DD and Castle were definitely part of them and im sure most other people would have them in mind too...that's my arguement...I'm not even a fan of punisher and I did not bring DD into this thread this time you people are out of your minds and there's no lol about it im dead serious...

You're fighting for the characters that don't bring all that much money to the big guys at Marvel... Yes, it's a shame but that's business. The essential characters are in the Ultimate Universe and that's that.

Look at the Top 100 comics every month. The Ultimate titles are ALWAYS in the TOP 10. The 616 titles aren't there much.

Well, i think they have it good at the moment. They have the 4 main marvel groups, Spidey, X-Men (covers all mutants), Ultimates(covers hulk, iron man, cap america, thor as well) and F4. The only main characters not having there own titles are the MAX type heroes. DD, Ghost Rider, Elektra etc. They get the miniseries.

On the subject of DD and Punisher, i think its better that way. DD just wants to protect his "kitchen" (that "get out of my kitchen" line is hilarious). So i think its cool if he just appears every now and then when other heroes are in that neibourhood, i think if he had his own title, it would kill his "ultimate" character. Keep him appearing every now and then and its much better. And punisher is just a human whos good with guns, he doesnt have much to offer for his own title

XTF - if you want an Ultimization of Punisher check out the current MAX series. Much like Supreme Power, it's not officially an Ultimization, but it's as close as you can get without putting Ultimate in the title.

I agree with most here, the ultimate universe is safe at 4 titles with various mini series off and on. i think if marvel really even wanted to do anyhthing ultimate punisher related they would have done it when the movie came out like their doing with elektra.

YES, that's what we've been trying to tell you... If you want a watered down, fluff of a Punisher read Ultimate Punisher if ever it comes out!

Ultxon said:
I don't know why SHEILD would care about Castle, as far as we know, he is only a police officer gone crazy. He's not the Punisher we know in 616, Spidey actually has some difficulty with him, in ultimate spidey takes some easy. Punisher dosen't havethe credentials that 616 punisher has.

SHIELD knows everything about Spider-Man so they know about Castle.

They didn't know that he was the one responsible for taking down Venom until Fury met up with him... They are handicapped by time and stuff like that... I wouldn't think they knew EVERYTHING.

Latest posts

Back