Ultimate Roxxon Corporation (Speculation)

It was just an aside, conversations get sidetracked at times and develop.

But the production of major supervillain after supervillain so often results in the death of a character. Having another villain machine in the spidey series would be overkill. Roxxon cannot be another jilted SHIELD subsidiary, or we are going to see another line of bad guys and more pointless deaths. Pointless this time in the sense that they need not occur.

ourchair said:
Cool! Does that mean Gwen Stacy is the Ultimate Spider-Slayer?! :D

Hey, don't give Bendis any wild ideas, because you KNOW that fool would probably give it a shot! (*And* do it with credibility, talented bastich that he is.)

I don't think that Bendis has the guts to touch Gwen after he killed her. Too many fans were hurt because she's gone; he's not going to bring her back and totally destroy the cool character that she was.

Goodwill said:
I don't think that Bendis has the guts to touch Gwen after he killed her. Too many fans were hurt because she's gone; he's not going to bring her back and totally destroy the cool character that she was.
And of course, you fail to realize that compound is being utterly facetious.

im thinking the roxxon corp thing will have ties to x-men....i dont know of any circumstance where adamantium was really associated with spider-man....
but if they have a purpose other than adamantium(and im guessing they do) a future ult spidey villain is a logical result....

I'm beginning to think the same, however, if he is going to be in any relation to Liz, I would say that he'd stay away from Roxxon. It would be totally out of left field for all of that to happen at once, as I've said in the Molten Man thread.

ultxon research

i found this after rereading ult spidey # 70, with all the 616 transitioning and some ultxon-like reflexes, i noticed that the guy was deathlok that the ultimates were fighting (yeah i knew this for a while) but i saw the name luther manning, who was the original and not the most recent one that the ultimate version reflects....

you are probably saying, "what doesthis have to do with roxxon?" well in an issue of captain america, this happens...

(Captain America I#286(fb)-BTS) - Manning soon began to suspect that Deathlok was not dead, and found his suspicions confirmed by Godwulf. Deathlok had been sent to the past, to the modern era of Earth-616, where he ended up being captured and reprogrammed by the Roxxon Oil Company.

so perhaps there is a connection between deathlok and roxxon in the ultimate universe as well...im still betting on molten man having something to do with that too, but id like to be wrong about that and have him have his own story..

It's entirely possible that Roxxon will become a much more potent company in the UU now that most of it's competition has floundered due to their power-hungry heads. We'll have to see how it goes, though, because if we've got Killer Shrike and Deathlok now tied to the "innocent" corporation, we may get more than we bargained for. Let's just hope that this doesn't destroy them like it did Oscorp and Hammer.

Goodwill said:
It's entirely possible that Roxxon will become a much more potent company in the UU now that most of it's competition has floundered due to their power-hungry heads. We'll have to see how it goes, though, because if we've got Killer Shrike and Deathlok now tied to the "innocent" corporation, we may get more than we bargained for. Let's just hope that this doesn't destroy them like it did Oscorp and Hammer.
The problem with that is that people tend to assume the named companies are all the companies out there. There is an enormous market across the world and its simply not possible for it to only have Hammer, Oscorp and Roxxon. Roxxon was an oil corporation but I can't remember if the others have had specifically named fields but its likely they dominate them. That doesn't mean there isn't a lot of competition from companies of an equal or larger size

ultimate spider-slayer(backtracking)

Goodwill said:

Once again i did some more backtracking.....i noticed bendis used issue 71 to foreshadow future events...we already have harry coming back to get spidey, and pete believing that mj will die because of him being spider-man, but riddle me this...whats the deal with the giant robot that came after pete in the nightmare he was having?? Anyone think that has a connection to roxxon???

what was that thing anyway?? ultimate spider-slayer???

I really believe it was just a hallucination... I don't see that being dubbed an Ultimate counterpart of any character, although it looked curiously familiar. It could be Roxxon since I've been wrong before (As I'm sure you all are going to be quick to point out).

Goodwill said:
I really believe it was just a hallucination... I don't see that being dubbed an Ultimate counterpart of any character, although it looked curiously familiar. It could be Roxxon since I've been wrong before (As I'm sure you all are going to be quick to point out).
You'd be wrong. But you've been wrong before

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Latest posts

Back