Ultimate Secret #1 (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well I know that was an obvious tie in, but the way that popcultureshock said it , it made it seem like there was some really shocking revealation that I was waiting for when I read the issue. Never happened...

Not complaining about lack of appearances by Ultimates or UFF. Loved Captain Mar-vell and really hopeing that Carol Danver's has powers of some sort and a relationship with Mar-vell.

I think the biggest problem was the preview was too big. I dunno I have faith in the story as a whole but the issue was lacking.

next issue....more captain.....errr...captain marvel....errrr. captain mar-vell errrrr....mar vehl.....or that kree guy

Did you guys notice his real name is Geheneris HalaSon MarVell? Sounds like this dude is both Genis-Vell and Mar-Vell mixed

Nurhachi said:
:shock:

Genis Vel is the Current Captain Marvel. Son of Mar-Vell who died years ago

Am I the only person who has a problem with a cosmic being (or close to it) dying of cancer? I know the story was touching and all, but that is stupid.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Didn't know that's how he died... and with that bit of knowledge, no you're not alone. Does cancer even exist on other planets?

Apparently, but yes that's a good point and reminds me of the previous discussion we had about Ultimate Galactus looking like a human. I can accept that maybe an alien race can get cancer, but when such a powerful being who belongs to a technologically advanced race can't be cured of it...I mean, come on. :roll:

As the World Turns

UltimateE said:
Apparently, but yes that's a good point and reminds me of the previous discussion we had about Ultimate Galactus looking like a human. I can accept that maybe an alien race can get cancer, but when such a powerful being who belongs to a technologically advanced race can't be cured of it...I mean, come on. :roll:

well this is where i step in....

being as though im the resident capt marvel junkie..

As nurhachi pointed out, genis is his son....but that wasnt always the case...
Genis was pretty much a test-tube baby that was aged to however old he is now....he was pretty much a failure...a drunk and even wore a ponytail for a while.. He popped up in silver surfer for a while under the name "legacy" as in the legacy of captain marvel... At this time Photon(monica)was known as Captain marvel, as the original gave the name to her upon his passing....
If anyone is follow thunderbolts, Genis is now calling himself Photon and his ditched the name (marvel (the company) is up to something) and will fight Photon : Monica (as he fought some other guy in the past for the name captain marvel)

As for the cancer....it had a specific name to it...some kind of gas cm was exposed to gave it to him over time...i used to be a fan of genis only..but after collect the original series (which i value more than any other comics i own) show that the he is no match for his daddy...the kevorkian of comics...(no not bendis), jim starlin (yeah the guy who killed jason todd)
killed marvel as the book was failing to sell when he got the job as the writer/artist....
rumors are now swirling that the original marvel will return due to house of m...but that remains to be scene..

As for the ult cap marvel...its a mixture to shut fans up....its obviously meant to be the original ultimized....but Ellis doesnt plan to kill the guy anytime soon, so he merged the two names to leave fans in the dark.

- The Captain

Goodwill said:
The whole part about having Ultimate Captain Marvel... What are you talking about "Mix to keep fans shut up"?

Genis-Vell is the son of Mar-vell....if you look at the name of ultimate captain marvel it is a mix of both.....fans have wondered which capt marvel will get ultimized and the answer was technically both of them...

The Captain said:
Genis-Vell is the son of Mar-vell....if you look at the name of ultimate captain marvel it is a mix of both.....fans have wondered which capt marvel will get ultimized and the answer was technically both of them...

Or his son, assuming he ever had one, could just be a junior.

But who cares.

UltimateE said:
Or his son, assuming he ever had one, could just be a junior.

But who cares.

ummm....no....way too early for that...and marv never conceived children....a dna sample was taken from him to create genis....but so far ult cap is the same as 616 cap....minus the minor costume changes and the way he channels his power.

My next question is.....what do you guys think will become of Ult Cap once ultimate galactus is done with....i dont see him being put on the ultimates..and it would be ashame if they killed him off....so where does he go? Ultimate defenders or something?? or back to his home planet/ somewhere in outer space.

Last edited:
I think that would be really cool if he joined the Ultimates, although that would never happen in a million years.

Goodwill said:
I think that would be really cool if he joined the Ultimates, although that would never happen in a million years.

Consider he's not Sam Wilson, whose just pretty much a normal guy. He's a big time superpowered being. If he doesn't die or leave somewhere, he's got to be someplace. The UU isn't too big of a place to hide.

For some reason, I agree with Goody. To me, it doesn't seem likely that he would join the Ultimates, although that is the proper place for him on Earth.

Latest posts

Back