Ultimate Secret #3 delayed over 3 months to 9/21

MoS

Ultimate Secret #3 delayed to 9/21

According to Newsarama via Diamond's shipping updates, Ultimate Secret #3 is being delayed from its original scheduled ship date of 06/08/05 to 09/21/05.

Jeepers. Speculation? How about:

Some part of the story conflicted with Millar's upcoming run on Ultimate FF and had to be rewritten/delayed.

McNiven got sucked into the New Avengers/Sentry stuff.

Other?

Rhyo said:
Via Newsarama via Diamond's shipping updates:

Ultimate Secret #3 delayed 06/08/05 to 09/21/05

Jeepers. Speculation? How about:

Some part of the story conflicted with Millar's upcoming run on Ultimate FF and had to be rewritten/delayed.

McNiven got sucked into the New Avengers/Sentry stuff.

Other?
HOLD UP. HOLD UP. HOLD UP.

You're saying that this issue is REALLY delayed for 3 months and 13 days?! :shock:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*deep breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not believing this until I see the press release

Un-freaking-believable.

I hate trashing an artist, but I would have thought McNiven had plenty of time to finish Secret before starting New Avengers. I hope that's not the cause.

This is just....uh......its......for one of the first times on this site I'm speachless (I now officially hate Marvel.....unless this is isn't true).

UltimateE said:
Un-freaking-believable.

I hate trashing an artist, but I would have thought McNiven had plenty of time to finish Secret before starting New Avengers. I hope that's not the cause.

I want to believe the answer isn't McNiven or Ellis (although the same list also shows Ellis' Ocean pushed back from 04/20/05 to 06/22/05). I'd heard conflicting rumors about who the artist for the last of the trilogy was going to be, but I doubt they'd push back a miniseries IN THE MIDDLE because there was a delay on the last part. That's why I lean toward some sort of rewrite based on Millar's UFF.

UltimateE said:
Un-freaking-believable.

Well, it was said that the issue had to be re-written.

Damn, this blows moneky chunks...

*curls into fetal position and sobs*

Somebody make it stop. :cry: :cry: :cry:

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'd rather see Ultimate Secret finished before New Avengers...

What do you think the conflict between UFF and Ultimate Secret is? I'm intrigued.

No idea, it's just that the delay is longer than it would take to both write AND draw the next issue. Wasn't this solicited as a 4- or 5-parter? Hard to believe Ellis is winging it that much. And if McNiven was the hold-up, they'd have known that when they announced he'd be doing the Sentry arc for NA, what, 3 months ago?

Rhyo said:
No idea, it's just that the delay is longer than it would take to both write AND draw the next issue.

Right.

Patriot said:
I'm the other way around actually.

But the point is that there's no reason why either a) the issues shouldn't already be done, or b) why 2 issues can't be written and drawn in 3 months. I don't recall McNiven having any time problems with MK4.

UltimateE said:
Un-freaking-believable.

Well, you would think that they would turn Millar's ideas down because the ideas in this mini-series are already changing things up enough, you know? I can't believe this...

Holy crap! This sucks. I thought the purpose of releasing the first issue in March instead of December was to get the whole series done. IF they're rewriting parts then it better be the best comic I ever read!

On another board, a well-respected (outgoing) member of Marvel's staff commented that it was neither writer nor artist's fault and that some official info would be forthcoming.

Okey doke, I'm listening...

Latest posts

Back