Ultimate Solicitations for August, 2005

icemastertron said:
If Bendis can write a billion books, I think Millar can handle four.

IMHO, Bendis is spread out too far right now and many of his books suffer for it. Ultimates is one of my top 3 titles and I'd be unhappy to see it being rushed because of over-committment.

Millar is also writing Wolverine and what else? I know there is something else. That makes 5 titles.

(and what is Vaughan writing these days? One of my other top 3 titles, Ex Machina, UXM, Runaways, Y: The Last Man...)

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
IMHO, Bendis is spread out too far right now and many of his books suffer for it. Ultimates is one of my top 3 titles and I'd be unhappy to see it being rushed because of over-committment.

Millar is also writing Wolverine and what else? I know there is something else. That makes 5 titles.

(and what is Vaughan writing these days? One of my other top 3 titles, Ex Machina, UXM, Runaways, Y: The Last Man...)
Oh yeah. Forgot the other books. But wait, hasn't Millar already written this issue? So I don't think it's his fault.

ULTIMATE X-MEN #62
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN
"MAGNETIC NORTH"
The master of magnetism is proving to be just as deadly and manipulative within his cell as he was while a free man. And now Magneto has set his sights on the young mutant Alex Summers – the effect on the team of X-Men will be devastating. Part 2 (of 5)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.50
Well, this time it'll probably end up being the oppsosite of 616. First Havok (in UU) is with the 'good guys', and then he (maybe) switch over to Mags.

Interesting. I think this way it'll play into more effect than 616. Can't wait to read.

My bet is that we won't see half of these until at least october, but it looks like it's going to be worth the wait.

icemastertron said:
ULTIMATE X-MEN ANNUAL #1
Penciled by TOM RANEY
Cover by STUART IMMONEN
"ULTIMATE SACRIFICE"
The return of Ultimate Juggernaut! Juggie makes a play for the Gem of Cyttorak, the jewel that will make him truly unstoppable. Only two small things stand in his way: Rogue and Gambit, the new prince and princess of thieves! This story will change the X-Men's status quo forever!
48 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$3.99
This helps my arguement that ultimate juggernaut is a mutant and therefore not as durable as the 616 juggs
icemastertron said:
ULTIMATE X-MEN #62
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN
"MAGNETIC NORTH"
The master of magnetism is proving to be just as deadly and manipulative within his cell as he was while a free man. And now Magneto has set his sights on the young mutant Alex Summers – the effect on the team of X-Men will be devastating. Part 2 (of 5)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.50
This implies that in the first issue magneto doesn't escape. So, this makes wonder what he's going to do in the first issue if he doesn't escaped.
icemastertron said:
OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE ULTIMATE MARVEL UNIVERSE: SPIDER-MAN & THE FANTASTIC FOUR 2005
Written by STUART VANDAL, SEAN MCQUAID, RONALD BYRD,
BILL LENTZ, MARK O'ENGLISH & BARRY REESE
Cover by MARK BAGLEY & MORRY HOLLOWELL
The Official Handbook gets the Ultimate treatment! This volume contains in-depth bios on Ultimate Spider-Man and the Ultimate Fantastic Four, and all their friends and foes! Plus: An all-new cover by ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN artist Mark Bagley, digitally painted by Morry Hollowell.
48 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$3.99
This is great I had no idea anything like this was coming out for the ultimate universe this year. I wonder if we'll see an ultimate's and ultimate x-men handbook this year also.

Words cannot describe my happiness.

And Magneto in UFF AND UXM at the same time???!!!

Am I the only one thinking the Magneto the uFF will have to deal with is the one from the parallel world they'll be stranded on?

Dr.Strangefate said:
Anyone think that the Guide to Ultimate Spidey and UFF could clear up the biggest continuity errors?

My first thought was no way, but I guess this could be the big event that they've been talking about that will address these things. So...maybe.

That Ultimates Annual cover is freakin sweet. I love it.

Probably get the handbook, and I've been thinking about jumping on Millers FF, so I'll probably get the FF Anual too.

icemastertron said:
ULTS2ANN01.jpg

I don't understand. Apparently this cover contains a spoiler for Ultimates 2 #6. What is it? Is Fury actually going to dress up like this? Does he go mad or something? What's the spoiler?

icemastertron said:

This is obviously not 616 nor Ultimate Magneto, but a new one with a cool costume that is supposed to look like the 616 universe so as to start rumours and so that Millar can attack the 616 universe for all its continuity problems and point out how cool his Ultimate universe is.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I still don't like what Millar's doing to Fury's character... :evil:

Don't be.

I'm convinced no matter how corrupt, no matter how 'evil' Fury may turn out to be, Captain America, the true spirit of what Amercians should be proud of will prevail, and perhaps even redeem those who fell from grace.

It'll all be for the best. :D

Bass said:
I don't understand. Apparently this cover contains a spoiler for Ultimates 2 #6. What is it? Is Fury actually going to dress up like this? Does he go mad or something? What's the spoiler?

It wasn't the cover, it was the synopsis, which doens't seem to spoil much for #6 anyway. Maybe they rewrited it.

Bass said:
I don't understand. Apparently this cover contains a spoiler for Ultimates 2 #6. What is it? Is Fury actually going to dress up like this? Does he go mad or something? What's the spoiler?.

If you look at the original file name for the image, it says something like "UltimatesAnn_Edited" - I believe something has been cropped at the right of the photo that would be a spoiler.

Bass said:

It looks like the old We Want You! posters from WW2,Fury could be recruiting the Defenders,or certain members.Ant-Man,Luke Cage etc.

Latest posts

Back