Ultimate Solicitations for August, 2005

These covers look great... Fantastic Four caught me off guard! Seriously, I was really shocked. It's definitely got my vote for our monthly poll. When the time comes, Fantastic Four's August cover is going to win.

I can't wait to see what's going on with the Warriors arc but I can't help but feel it's going to be another flop... Oh, well...

The pic with Fury was clearly edited. If you look at the pic you can see that Fury's left hand is holding a gun. The issue will no doubt show his left hand holding the gun. Which means that something else was edited out of the cover image also.

As usual UFF supremely impresses me and I laughed aloud at the Ultimates Annual. As I've said before, UFF Annual too is a very nice cover.

I've realised something. The USM covers are...dull. They never interest me at all.

Magneto on UFF is a very nice idea, I look forward to that a lot.

Definetly intrested in everything this month.

Ultimates Annual - HA HA! Uncle Nick, I love it. Definitley can't wait to see what this is all about. I hope some of the Defenders make a return, along with some new faces!

Ultimate X-men Annual - Nice. So, I guess the Gem is going to make Marko MORE powerful? I'm wondering if one of the three die in this issue? That's what it seems to be hinting towards. . .

Ultimate Spidey Annual - Just want to see who Pete's new girlfriend is, although old villians comming back should be nice. But who, they're all locked up. . .unless it's Venom?

Ultimate FF Annual - Inhumans rock. 'Nuff said.

Ultimate X-men 62 - Mags has to be controlling Lorna. It'd make Alex switch over to his side if he threatened her in anyway. Should be intresting.

Ultimate Spidey 81 - Hopefully, it'll be crazy fighting. That's what I need in USM right now since there hasn't been any good fights since. . .Hollywood?

Ultimate FF 22 - O_O That came out of nowhere! At this point, I don't care if it's 616 or not. I'll be happy either way, especially after this. (!?)

Ultimate FF / Spidey Handbook: Rockin'!!!!

Well, let me tell you, the thing with the Fantastic Four was that it caught me so off guard and actually made me physically react to what I saw I immediately disregarded the fact that this could potentially be 616. At this point, I really don't care either because this cover is interesting as hell.

MaxwellSmart said:
The pic with Fury was clearly edited. If you look at the pic you can see that Fury's left hand is holding a gun. The issue will no doubt show his left hand holding the gun. Which means that something else was edited out of the cover image also.
It is edited. When you click on the link for the cover in the thread where I have the link for all the covers, on the link itself it says its edited.

UltimateE said:
It wasn't the cover, it was the synopsis, which doens't seem to spoil much for #6 anyway. Maybe they rewrited it.
You sure? I remember Millar saying it was the cover....

icemastertron said:
You sure? I remember Millar saying it was the cover....

Yes, Millar said the cover to the issue had a spoiler. Whatever it is, is just to the right of Fury ("Uncle Nick Wants You!!").

I would imagine it was the synopsis and the cover. I do remember him saying that the cover is a slight spoiler of what's going to happen in the Ultimates 2 #6 but we haven't see anything that proves this. When do covers have any relevancy, anyway? I suppose that the synopsis will have more to do with it now that we know what's going on. Whoever said the idea of policing the other super heroes may have the right idea...

Patriot said:
Then why would it be edited?

Why would Marvel "leak" a fake page of Astonishing X-Men?

I :heart: my life.

I made a thread in millarworld about why there's no Ultimates 2 #8, expecting for Mark Millar to post, but instead, I see BRYAN FREAKING HITCH!!!

As he said:

Bryan Hitch said:
Before this gets too derailed and panic sets in I should point out that we're meeting the shedule Marvel sets for the book.

I did ink issue six (well apart from four pages and six pages of issue five) because paul's 86 year old mother suffered a series of serious strokes leaving her very ill in hospital. She's making a good recovery but it meant that paul was and still is travelling to wales, where she lives with his brother to see her. I inked issue six to ease the work pressure so he could get on with seven and not worry about both his mother and the deadline. So far all is fine. I think it's because of a gap in the schedules that the annuals are being put out in August. Mark will know better than me.

Anyhoo, fret not my little ones; it's all coming out far quicker than last time isn't it?

Hitchy

UltimateE said:
Why would Marvel "leak" a fake page of Astonishing X-Men?

Cuz Whedon's a genius,whereas Millar is simply a nutcase :D

Nah,its within Millars boundaries(whatever the hell they are?!?)to have something like that as a cover.Suits his sense of humour.

Makes sense about #8.We still get our Ultimates fix so s'all good.Now we just have to pray they're not in "Marvelscope"

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
I :heart: my life.

I made a thread in millarworld about why there's no Ultimates 2 #8, expecting for Mark Millar to post, but instead, I see BRYAN FREAKING HITCH!!!
Ice has made a new frieeeeend

Moral of the story is that even people who work on comic books have lives outside of them. ;)

It's cool that you got a response from Hitch, though! ;)

I was thinking Ultimates 8 was on a six week term, since #7 comes out six weeks after #6, so that would mean no issue in August, but Hitch already answered my question.

My hand hurts, I think I need to calm down on the video games.

Luis is icemastertron.

I have already said too much. :)

ProjectX2 said:
Luis is icemastertron.

Sorry I was just checkin.That name always reminds me of an old Disney cartoon with Donald Duck and his three nephews-Huey,Luey+somethin along those lines.Duey maybe.

ProjectX2 said:
Luis is icemastertron.

*Suddenly a sniper shoots PX2 in the back of his head.*

Anyways, I was wondering about how many people there are going to be covered in the handbook from Spidey. I know there isn't a lot in FF, so probably there'll be having one page each on their bios.

Latest posts

Back