Ultimate Solicitations for August, 2005

The Captain said:
sentry would probably only win on this message board

That's all I was talking about. :shrug:

I think its possible people are underestimating the hatred for Wolverine. I haven't even read Sentry but I'd vote for him.

What's to hate about him other than his overusage? I can actually look past that so I don't have a problem with him...

Goodwill said:
What's to hate about him other than his overusage? I can actually look past that so I don't have a problem with him...
He's been through so many re-inventions and retcons its not funny. His personality swings widely, he can never die. He's been over-developed to the point where you can never tell whether he's going to be "Wolverine the dad" or "Wolverine the gruff loner" or "Wolverine like beer" or "Wolverine like little girls" or "Wolverine is wise old man" or "Wolverine the samurai" or "Wolverine the team rebel" or "Wolverine the anti-hero" or "Crazy rabid weapon X flashback wolverine" or what. It's beyond having a multi-faceted character, its like cramming 6 or 10 characters into one body.

Goodwill said:
I don't see how the Sentry is such a popular character among you guys. To me, he's a blatant copy off of Super-Man with some Marvel twists and he isn't even THAT developed yet, yet he's better than Wolverine. C'mon...

Its very simple Goodwill.

Superman sucks, hes the worst superhero ever. Oh maybe they wont realise that im really superman if i wear glasses. He needs to be slapped.

Sentry is way cooler, and way more interesting

Well, I still haven't given him a chance, so it's very possible I may think the same thing, but he's a fresh character, and an interesting one at that... He'll soon make a lasting impression on Marvel, but he's still hot off the press in my opinion.

Nurhachi said:

Superman sucks, hes the worst superhero ever. Oh maybe they wont realise that im really superman if i wear glasses. He needs to be slapped.

Nurhachi, I was never a fan of Superman until I read the following Superman stories: Mark Millar's Red Son (and all of his amazing Superman Adventures issues), Alan Moore's "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" and "For The Man Who Has Everything?", Alex Ross and Mark Waid's Kingdom Come, and (to understand just how important Superman is) Alan Davis' "JLA: The Nail". I actually read them in the reverse order to how I posted them, but they're wonderful, and I doubt you can hate Superman after reading them.

Also, Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely are doing All-Star Superman soon, and I honestly think it may be one of the best comics I'll ever read.

Try them. It's Superman after all. :D

Back on topic.

Nurhachi said:

About the glasses thing: You should see the sketches for All-Star Superman. Frank Quietly is using body language to basically make Supes and Clark Kent look totally different.

Goodwill said:
Still, that is the most asenine thing that I've ever heard of...

that whole aspect should have been changed....maybe it could have gotten by in the early decades, but no one today could honestly sit back and use the whole glasses on/off thing to work...its kinda lazy if you ask me....i mean, what does it say about the people of metropolis if they couldnt have figured out that they were looking at the same guy who doesnt wear a mask or anything.

so yeah, when are the sept solicits coming?

I.....I...I cant believe people are telling me to read superman.....I feel so violated :cry:

Don't read Superman... There we go! He's elementary at best as far as I am concerned. I'm a Marvel junky, but I know what I'm talking about.

The September solicitations for Ultimate Marvel books should be posted in the next few days. We usually hear about them around the middle of the month, and being today's Tuesday the 14th (of June 2005, just in case you're really out of it) I imagine E, Ice, or another will be posting them soon (as soon as Marvel releases them anyway).

DIrishB said:
The September solicitations for Ultimate Marvel books should be posted in the next few days. We usually hear about them around the middle of the month, and being today's Tuesday the 14th (of June 2005, just in case you're really out of it) I imagine E, Ice, or another will be posting them soon (as soon as Marvel releases them anyway).
We'll see. Just called my CS, and they said that the PREVIEWS BOOK doesnt come out until the 29th. And reading from MW, the solits are not scheduled to go up until the 22nd.

Last edited:
The anticipation is killing me! I wanna see the cover where Cyclops and Havok are having it out... You know it's coming, guys! ;)

Latest posts

Back