Ultimate solicitations for December, 2005

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for December, 2005, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Official Handbook of the Ultimate Marvel Universe: The Ultimates & X-Men 2005, Ultimate Fantastic Four #26, Ultimate Iron Man #5, Ultimate Spider-Man #87 & #88, Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #1, Ultimate Galactus Book 2: Secret TPB, & Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 14: Warriors TPB.

Release dates and covers subject to change - stay tuned to Ultimate Central for the latest news and updates.

ULTHBULTSXM.jpg

OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE ULTIMATE MARVEL UNIVERSE: THE ULTIMATES & X-MEN 2005
Written by STUART VANDAL, SEAN MCQUAID, RONALD BYRD
& CHRIS BIGGS
Cover by MARK BAGLEY & MORRY HOLLOWELL
The Official Handbook gets the Ultimate treatment! This volume contains in-depth bios on the Ultimates and the Ultimate X-Men, and all their friends and foes! Plus: An all-new cover by ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN artist Mark Bagley, digitally painted by Morry Hollowell.
48 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$3.99
IN STORES 12/28/05

ULTFF026.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #26
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND
"TOMB OF NAMOR"
Learn the hidden history of the lost continent of Atlantis! Plus, the biggest battle ever, as Ultimate Namor takes on the entire Ultimate FF in a pitched battle! Somebody's going to be fillet of fish when it's over. All that and a surprise ending that changes everything. You'll know what we mean when you read it! Part 3 (of 3)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50
IN STORES 12/28/05

ULTIM05.jpg

ULTMATE IRON MAN #5 (OF 5)
Written by ORSON SCOTT CARD
Pencils & Cover by ANDY KUBERT
The first ULTIMATE IRON MAN mini-series by bestselling sci-fi author Orson Scott Card (ENDER'S GAME, SPEAKER OF THE DEAD) and Andy Kubert (1602, ORIGIN, X-MEN) comes to a conclusion!! The government discovers young Tony Stark and sees how valuable he can be to them. They want him to come be part of the Baxter Building think-tank. But what will they do if Tony refuses?
32 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY ...$2.99
IN STORES 12/14/05

ULTSM087.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #87 & 88
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"SILVER SABLE"
In her efforts to apprehend Spider-Man, Silver Sable inadvertently convinces authorities—and the media—that Spidey does indeed go to Midtown High School. And the first backpack they're going to check belongs to none other than—Peter Parker! But Peter's already taken the advice of his new girlfriend—Ultimate X-Men's Kitty Pryde—and seeks out Sable and her Wildpack for a showdown. Things do not go as planned for the web-spinner. Not at all. Parts 2 & 3 (of 5)
32 PGS. (each)/T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50 (each)
IN STORES 12/7/05 & 12/21/05

ULTXMFF.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN / FANTASTIC FOUR
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"BOOTSTRAP"
Cerebro has been stolen—and the trail points directly at the government's premier think tank, the Baxter Building! The X-Men aren't happy about it—especially after the shattering events of last month's Ultimate X-Men issue. And the Baxter Building's most famous residents—the Fantastic Four—aren't happy about an angry team of mutants showing up on their doorstep! It's FF versus X-Men in an all-star blowout that leads directly into next month's Ultimate Fantastic Four / X-Men! Ultimate Fantastic Four's Mike Cary is joined by superstar artist Pasqual Ferry for this tour de force of Ultimate action!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50
IN STORES 12/14/05

ULTWOLVSHLK01.jpg

ULTMATE WOLVERINE VS. HULK #1 (OF 6)
Written by DAMON LINDELOF
Pencils & Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Damon Lindelof, co-creator of the hit TV series Lost teams with superstar artist Leinil Francis Yu to bring their storytelling magic to a tale that will rock the Ultimate Universe! Dr. Bruce Banner has been presumed dead since his execution, following his murderous rampage through Manhattan as the Hulk. But when reports start cropping up of an unidentified creature appearing around the globe, Nick Fury begins to get worried. Not because Banner can turn from man to unstoppable monster in seconds...but because Banner's existence is the one secret that can bring down Fury. Fury turns to the only man he can trust: Wolverine. And he's only too glad to take care of Banner—by any means necessary.
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99
IN STORES 12/21/05

ULTIMATE GALACTUS BOOK 2: SECRET TPB
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Penciled by STEVE MCNIVEN & TOM RANEY
Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
The second story in the ULTIMATE GALACTUS trilogy that began with ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE! A hidden alien race is trying desperately to keep man from reaching the stars. Cape Canaveral scientist Phillip Lawson, secretly a Kree soldier assigned to a mission on our planet, knows of the hideous plan and will use all his considerable power to stop it...the power of Captain Mahr Vehl! But his sudden betrayal may mean a swift doom for the Earth. Starring the Ultimates and the Ultimate Fantastic Four! Collects ULTIMATE SECRET #1-4.
96 PGS./RATED A ...$12.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1660-5
ULTIMATE GALACTUS BOOK 1: NIGHTMARE STILL AVAILABLE!
$12.99 (ISBN: 0-7851-1497-1)

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 14: WARRIORS TPB
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by MARK BAGLEY
Cover by MARK BAGLEY
The Gang War to end all Gang Wars begins! The Kingpin is in retreat -- and that kind of a power vacuum won't last long. It's about to be filled by a figure of unabashed dread in the underworld: Hammerhead! Plus: the Ultimate debut of several Marvel characters, including Moon Knight! And Spidey thinks he's had trouble before... but nothing has ever made him declare, "Peter Parker no more!" Collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #79-85.
168 PGS./RATED A ...$17.99

Last edited:
Finally!! Cool to see we're getting another Handbook. I just hope this one is accurate.

No actual Ultimate X-Men issue this month though, so looks like we're not going to find out about the interim writer before Singer for awhile yet. Though I can live with this crossover. Looks good all around. Except no Ultimates 2...again, or Ultimate Extinction #1.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
No actual Ultimate X-Men issue this month though, so looks like we're not going to find out about the interim writer before Singer for awhile yet. Though I can live with this crossover. Looks good all around.
Yeap. It pretty much fills the spot for UXM, like the Ultimates 2 Annual did for the actual series.

All of it sounds friggin' amazing. I can't wait.

:crazy:

No Extinction and no Ultimates 2 is definetly a downer. I'm glad we're getting the second handbook, though. I really enjoyed the first one.

The X-men/FF crossover looks intriging. I was worried that there wouldn't be a good reason for them to get together, but Cerebro being stolen is a fine reason for the two teams to throw down.

Wolverine Vs Hulk I'm REALLY looking foward to, for some reason. I need more Ultimate Hulk, I think that's it.

Spidey. . .eh. If it's as good as Warriors has been, it'll be nice.

Definetly looking foward to the Namor arc in UFF as a whole.

DIrishB said:
:lol: Seriously...I'm more ticked about no Ultimates 2 though, I want to see how this arc wraps up. Looks like the earliest we'll see #12 is March or April now, assuming no other "Ultimates 2-less" months.

Didn't Hitch say that there would be no delays from 9-12 because it would kill the drama that's been set up? What gives!

Lynx said:
Didn't Hitch say that there would be no delays from 9-12 because it would kill the drama that's been set up? What gives!
Millar also did say that some (if not all) of the last couple issues were to come out on a bi-monthly schedule.

Lynx said:

Yup, he did say that.

icemastertron said:
Millar also did say that some (if not all) of the last couple issues were to come out on a bi-monthly schedule.

So wouldn't that be the antithesis of what Hitch said? I mean I know if they're scheduled as bi-monthly it wouldn't qualify as a delay, but it still kills the drama in the two month wait between issues. Oh well. Make it May or June as the earliest to see the end of Ultimates 2.

DIrishB said:
So wouldn't that be the antithesis of what Hitch said? I mean I know if they're scheduled as bi-monthly it wouldn't qualify as a delay, but it still kills the drama in the two month wait between issues. Oh well. Make it May or June as the earliest to see the end of Ultimates 2.
I hope not. Ultimates 3 is scheduled for Spring '06. I dont want to see that pushed for months, like the gap between vol. 1 and 2.

No Ultimates, Ultimate X-Men, or Extinction in december angers, especially since there is no Ultimates issue in October. The rest of these issues better be great, because the christmas season really makes me crave great comic books.

I'm glad that we're going to see another Ultimate Universe Handbook. I thought that they might be trying to hold off until the end of Ultimates vol. 2, but I guess not. The Handbook is probably only going to be current as of the end of Magnetic North, Ultimates #9 and the end of Ultimate Iron Man, maybe hinting to what happens in Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine. If it weren't for Ultimate Iron Man I would be more confident that it would come out on time.

My expectations are lowest for the UXM/UFF crossover. It just doesn't seem like there is enough there. It seems pretty clear that were going to see Jean vs. Invisible Woman, Colossus vs. The Thing, Iceman vs. Human Torch, and Wolverine vs. Reed.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk seems promising, but since I've never read anything of Lindelof, so I'm withholding judgment.

The UFF "Tomb of Namor" arc looks good, but I'll accept nothing but excellence from Millar.

Last edited:
Ice, where did you find the solcitations for December? Everywhere I've looked doesn't have them yet.

Ultimate Spider-Man - Seems uninteresting to me.

Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four - I'm sure it will be well written but what the flip's goin on there? I hate Good guy Vs. Good Guy scenerios. I hope they're working these out while the UU is somewhat fresh and get them out of their systems. Carey's writing... hmmm

Ultimate Fantastic Four - Yeah, it'll be good.

Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine - .....

Ultimate Iron Man - YES! CONCLUSION!! Think Tank? Kinda cool might fix some sort of continuity glitch with Reed... maybe... possibly? Anyway, YES! Conclusion!!

I guess the USM annual is being collected with the next USM trade...

Latest posts

Back