Ultimate Spider-Man #100 Discussion (SPOILERS!)

one of the things thats been bothering me lately about this issue is how the panels are being set up.

some of the more complicated ones you can't tell if there going ALL the way across or if there only going left to right and then down on a SINGLE page and then go on to the next page. cuz 1/2 way through reading some of those entire page across ones. all the pics look the same cuz everyone is standing in one sport or sitting in one sport while there talking.

I got it a few days ago and it definately would have been better as a regular issue. Was not a good issue 100, in which Spider-Man does not really appear.

I got it a few days ago and it definately would have been better as a regular issue. Was not a good issue 100, in which Spider-Man does not really appear.

Like that means anything anymore in a comic series? How old is the concept of the mask not showing up in an issue but having a profound effect on the characters lives? Get over it.

I do find it strange that a government agency (C.I.A.) is secretly plotting to overthrow another goverment agency (S.H.I.E.L.D.). OK maybe not overthrow, but they obviously aren't working together.

Why give Nick all this power and control if your planning on taking it away? Real good idea... Let's give somebody we don't trust all the super-powered lackies he wants plus an army of robots and an Iron-man 6 while we work on a Venom suit.......grerat idea roll: It just doesn't seem right. Ultimate Hydra? I don't know but me thinks there's something fishy going on.

I do find it strange that a government agency (C.I.A.) is secretly plotting to overthrow another goverment agency (S.H.I.E.L.D.). OK maybe not overthrow, but they obviously aren't working together.

Why give Nick all this power and control if your planning on taking it away? Real good idea... Let's give somebody we don't trust all the super-powered lackies he wants plus an army of robots and an Iron-man 6 while we work on a Venom suit.......grerat idea roll: It just doesn't seem right. Ultimate Hydra? I don't know but me thinks there's something fishy going on.

:shock: Do you understand the 2nd main cause of the 9/11 attacks next to the fact Osama is a son of a *****?

It's perfectly normal.

:shock: Do you understand the 2nd main cause of the 9/11 attacks next to the fact Osama is a son of a *****?

It's perfectly normal.

I guess not. :? Unless you are refering to the fact that the F.B.I. and the C.I.A. didn't work together and share information? If that is what you meant I don't think that it was a cause of the attacks, but something that could have prevented it. Not working together is different than working against each other.

Last edited:
I guess not. :? Unless you are refering to the fact that the F.B.I. and the C.I.A. didn't work together and share information? If that is what you meant I don't think that it was a cause of the attacks, but something that could have prevented it. Not working together is different than working against each other.

Exactly what I mean. And apples and oranges. Don't try to justify you're speculations by underminding the fact that two organizations that work for one cause can be in competition of each other. This whole "Oh man!! Hydra is behind this!!" crap is a fanboys dream and I'm not just picking on you. I've seen it across many boards. But the simple fact is, it's just a good way to fictionalize reality. The C.I.A. is as real as they come. There's no HYDRA involved. And it's completely and totally (and a bout time) we see another United States Agency that isn't under SHIELD's wing and in competition with them.

I totally agree... But I also agree that there is more to what Peter's father is doing than what we've been told already. It just seems odd to me that he'd be allowed to clone someone, even after that person died, when Fury specifically stated that it is prohibited. Just what is going on here, anyway?

Exactly what I mean. And apples and oranges. Don't try to justify you're speculations by underminding the fact that two organizations that work for one cause can be in competition of each other. This whole "Oh man!! Hydra is behind this!!" crap is a fanboys dream and I'm not just picking on you. I've seen it across many boards. But the simple fact is, it's just a good way to fictionalize reality. The C.I.A. is as real as they come. There's no HYDRA involved. And it's completely and totally (and a bout time) we see another United States Agency that isn't under SHIELD's wing and in competition with them.

Dude I don't think Hydra's behind this!!! Maybe I was unclear. As a matter of fact I don't care to see Hydra in USM at all. I was simply saying I think something is up. I just don't trust anybody named Gyrich.

I reread the issue last night and came up with a idea about what may be going on.

Maybe it's just me but Richard is really being manipulated by this "C.I.A.".

Is it too far fetched to think that maybe Osborne is behind all of this? Osborne and Trask were in the same business of making Super Soldiers. Maybe he made up a C.I.A. front to get Richard to work for him. Osborne thinks he owns Peter so why not make copy's of something you think is yours and why not try to improve them?

Maybe Ben Reilly hooked up with Osborne somehow and gave him the Carnage sample allowing him to bring Gwen back. Now if Gwen is back because Carnage sucked out her life energy or whatever couldn't Richard be a Carnage too? Couldn't all the memories he has be implanted? Therefore couldn't May be a clone as well with memory implants?

Also the fact that Nick is being made out to be a bad guy makes me think that everything Richard said could be intended to make us think Nick's a bad guy only to find out he's not and he's always been on Spidys' side.

If this is really Richard and May my ideas are blown to ****. However if they are not really themselves then it could mean Osborne's behind it. Doesn't the next arc have something to do with the Goblins? But isn't G.G. still in S.H.I.E.L.D. custody?

I'm sure somebody could blow holes in these theories, it just kinda made since to me last night. I know some of my ideas don't fit together but I was just trying to work it out my thoughts. Only time will tell, maybe Osborne works for Hydra now and Nick Fury secretly controls them all forcing them take out Spider-man so he can win Bettys' love.:lol:

Anyway this issue imo was pretty damn good. One thing I noticed was Bagley draws a six armed dude really well. I saw one panel where he looked retarded but otherwise Tarantula was sick! I like how Richard tries to keep Gwen calm and makes sure she eats to keep her from becoming Carnage.

in my opinion...

Nick Fury the bad guy?? cmon guys dont be such cliches , It's not entirely black&white in the ultimate universe , and i think Fury is a real dark shade of grey.

He is the head of Shield , awight.He is a real patriot.That's for sure.Fighting one armed just to save the *** of G.Bush :) even Cap would leave Bush behind in that situation.
On the other hand.He has his strange methods.Like , carrying a spidey-power destroying watches , carrying mutants in coffins (the magician) , creating copies of his "Ultimates" (rocketmans and that dude tryin to be next Cap).And now Spider-slayers.
Fury is just doing his job.Doing everything possible just to be ready for every threat.Does that make him the bad guy?? hell , no.

And i think , more than one peter parkers in the neighborhood , and a reborn Richard Parker is really one hell of a threat.

But , Richard can be anything.We all seen the video tape on Venom story.Have to admit i was pretty impressed by how Bendis could create such a character.He was so great.He was peter parker himself.Always trying to do the right thing , but always resulting in the worst.I loved it.

It has been years over that tape , and all we know about the "today" Richard is what he says.so i dont trust him.especially after trying to keep gwen from turning into Carnage.

Right now ultimate clone saga has the potential to become the best storyline ever for Ultimate Spider-Man.With so many mysteries to be revealed.But we all know Bendis has a great talent with screwing up everything good in his hands , so i totally hope clone saga wont turn into one of those and make ultimate spidey a worthy comic book again.

He is the head of Shield , awight.He is a real patriot.That's for sure.Fighting one armed just to save the *** of G.Bush :) even Cap would leave Bush behind in that situation.

Although I agree with the main point... there's so much wrong with this sentence. "Awight"? And Cap wouldn't do for The President of the United States as Fury did?

I need to go back and read the final last couple of pages to be sure of the details but unless Fury stated outloud that Peter was Spiderman......SHIELD could play it off as they were hunting a superpowered criminal who took Peter's family hostage.

The neighborhood was evacuated before anything went down.

And as much as I hate the thought of it, I wouldn't be surprised to find out this is some twist on the dreaded dream sequence. :sick:

Among everything the problem was the Southern accent??? :D

what's wrong with "awight" instead off "all right"

Not for the president , for Bush.
We have seen the actual G. Bush as president in Ultimates :D

And i think Cap would be smart enough to leave him behind for America's sake :D

And as much as I hate the thought of it, I wouldn't be surprised to find out this is some twist on the dreaded dream sequence. :sick:

What dream sequence?
Issued said:
Not for the president , for Bush.
We have seen the actual G. Bush as president in Ultimates

And i think Cap would be smart enough to leave him behind for America's sake
Dude I don't know if you're joking or not but seriously it's not even worth it.

Latest posts

Back