Ultimate Spider-Man # 79 (SPOILERS)

The Captain

Banned
Issue 79 was a good issue...I can say that as in Canada the comics still came out today.....anyway, if you want to read this, (bass, you know how :wink: )

It started off with Silvermane Showing up (i called this) trying to start up a deal with HammerHead. HammerHead appears to be more of a mutant than anything as he looks less like his 616 counter part.(the 30's gangster type) Nice to see the Enforcers returning as well. ( i love these guys for some reason)

We get to see how peter viewed the events of last issue. I liked getting Peters thoughts on what was going on in the class room mix that with the attitude shown last issue. We see more Tandy Bowen bites, Tandy Bowen for president... could this be the new girlfriend? Spidey dating Ultimate Dagger? Third time shes been mentioned in the title and the letter page suggests there may be more. I dont know if Bendis is trying to throw us off or what not, he said the mystery gf appeared already in the series, weve seen Tandy Bowen in a panel supposedly and so far her name, that could be the catch of all of this.

Ultimate Moon Knight looks pretty cool on next issues cover, but not as cool in the issue. I dont want to ruin it all for everyone here in the US so i will leave you all with this.
I thought it was a good issue and i will stay with the series....for now.
Thoughts, comments??

unappreciated

Goodwill said:
Yeah, not giving away the details is only teasing us, Capt., that's not nice. :)

How am i teasing? its supposed to be thoughts, not tell the whole issue, if you wanted me to tell the whole issue, what would be the point of buying it? when you all get the issue tomorrow, you will see everything i said and be able to view it with your own thoughts....if anything, i read spoilers, but i dont like someone telling me page for page stuff, you may as well wait until july 20th for issue 80 if you want it that way...

Canadians messing with us. Who appropriate. It's like someone playing the "Guess What Song This Is?" and yer all baited. Me too.

Tell us, eh, before I come aboot and kick yer arse.

eh?

lol.

Just teasing. Love Canadians. :lol:

Leather.

leather_w0lf said:
Canadians messing with us. Who appropriate. It's like someone playing the "Guess What Song This Is?" and yer all baited. Me too.

Tell us, eh, before I come aboot and kick yer arse.

eh?

lol.

Just teasing. Love Canadians. :lol:

Leather.

and who are you talking to??? since when did i come from Canada??? :roll:

The Captain said:
How am i teasing? its supposed to be thoughts, not tell the whole issue, if you wanted me to tell the whole issue, what would be the point of buying it? when you all get the issue tomorrow, you will see everything i said and be able to view it with your own thoughts....if anything, i read spoilers, but i dont like someone telling me page for page stuff, you may as well wait until july 20th for issue 80 if you want it that way...

Seriously Captain, Don't start a thread like this then. Obviously there's gonna be spoilers for the issue and certain people don't have a problem with spoilers. Now look at you... big man who knows but won't tell anyone. You and your games. Why did you bother starting the thread if you had nothing important to say? What's the point in buying it? I've lived off spoilers since I started going to the internet like 10 years ago. It's not about the final product it's about delivery. You're just being a ***** right now though. It's 1:49 where I live and I guess it doesn't matter I'll just get the issue tomorrow morning. But this is the exact reason you were banned.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Seriously Captain, Don't start a thread like this then. Obviously there's gonna be spoilers for the issue and certain people don't have a problem with spoilers. Now look at you... big man who knows but won't tell anyone. You and your games. Why did you bother starting the thread if you had nothing important to say? What's the point in buying it? I've lived off spoilers since I started going to the internet like 10 years ago. It's not about the final product it's about delivery. You're just being a ***** right now though. It's 1:49 where I live and I guess it doesn't matter I'll just get the issue tomorrow morning. But this is the exact reason you were banned.

I respect Cap for not giving away every detail. And im going to steal this straight from Bendis and MWoF think about this. IF Cap had said what happened, people would be jumping down his throat of WHY he gave away details...its a double sided coin no matter what you choose, you loose:

Bendis: I'm not a big fan. I spend an inordinate amount of my free time quashing untrue rumours. Back when I was a kid, I'd go down to the grocery store, buy a comic because of the cover, come home and know nothing about what was happening. When Elektra died, I didn't know anything was going to happen, I couldn't see that coming a mile away. The honest truth is that although there are a great amount of people on the internet, there's a great many people who aren't on the internet, who are very surprised, or those people who go out of their way to avoid anything that may spoil them. Most people can take care of themselves. There are some people who need to know everything or they won't buy the book. The same thing happens in movies, you've seen these trailers where they tell you the whole god damn movie in the trailer, used to drive me nuts. Then I read this whole article in Variety, about how they had a cut of Castaway, the Tom Hanks movie, and in the trailer they tell you he gets off the island. I couldn't believe it, I mean why would you even go? And it turns out that they do testing, and in the testing they say they won't go see the movie unless they promise them he'll get off the island. "I'm not gonna waste my time unless you promise me a happy ending." So they told you in the trailer he'll get off the island, and I was shocked by that. But it's true, a lot of people are like that, they want spoilers. Some people like to give spoilers. People love to ruin a book for other people, what's up with that? "You killed Hawkeye!" You couldn't stop people. Just let people enjoy it, but no, they HAVE to tell people.

It's just how we are... I'm with MwoF on this one, though... How can he say one thing and then not tell us another? It's like if you're going to say anything at all, why not say all of it.

Wow, im really looking forward to this issue. Thanks Cap. Cant wait to see Ultimate Moonknight :D and Silvermane, Hammerhead and Enforcers.

Allright! USM is back to being good! Bendis is definitely back on track with this one (but the coloring still stinks).

-Walter Dini is back.
-Silvermane looked cool.
-Running joke about TiVo
-A GREAT scene in which last issue's classroom bit is told from Peter's side. Bendis is once again spectacular at channeling his inner teen.
-A nice almost one page sketch of Spidey swinging. Better than usual.
-Elektra!
-Enforcers! (my favorite)
-Bad *** Hammerhead and quick explanation as to why he's not dead. ("I thought you were dead." "I was. It sucked. I came back.")
-Moon Knight looks to be awesome.
-Letters Page!! Is one of them from our friend?

Dislikes:

-The way Moon Knight talks.
-I would've liked to see more of Silvermane
-I did not need to see Kingpin's boobies.
-The generic set-a-warehouse-on-fire-then-walk-away-from-the-flames-smiling thing.

8/10 :D

nigma said:
I respect Cap for not giving away every detail. And im going to steal this straight from Bendis and MWoF think about this. IF Cap had said what happened, people would be jumping down his throat of WHY he gave away details...its a double sided coin no matter what you choose, you loose:

No it's not. There's a reason people mark threads as spoilers. He got banned because he started a discussion thread with nothing to discuss how is that any different then him opening one up without any significant information? Did you see the thread I opened up yesterday? I PMed E and asked if it was ok to do so because the spoiler was so big. If I had nothing or something of little importance I wouldn't have made a thread until it came out.

I have to get the issue. I'll be back.

Latest posts

Back