Ultimate Spider-Man #82 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 3 21.4%

Votes: 9 64.3%

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Goodwill

This issue was great. With all of the characters and plot twists, this issue, along with the two before it, are really turning USM around! I can't believe I'm actually enjoying this arc, despite the circus act that Bendis is pulling off by juggling all these characters around. In this one, we do see more of this and more of the intricate chess game the Hammerhead and the Kingpin find themselves in, with Spider-Man, Black Cat, etc. in the middle of it. So, let's get right into it...

The issue opens with MJ peeking at Peter's empty desk. Big whoop. Bendis, if she's not his girlfriend, let's leave her alone.

Then, the issue gets back into the action with Black Cat staring down a vicious Hammerhead who has Spider-Man at gunpoint. It's very cool to see how this is all drawn... Bagley is really fantastic at the action bit. Then, Spider-Man is shot at by the cops after a bomb goes off, sending him and Black Cat off to mingle. Captain DeWolfe comes in and starts barking the NYPD around and grills them for persecuting Spider-Man. I thought that was nice of her. We see someone lurking about with a video camera (I guessed Marc Specter off the bat, although another name was given). Afterwards, Black Cat explains how and why she's dressed up in the leather and comes on quite strongly towards Peter. Peter flees. After that we cut to the man that was filming DeWolfe to find that he is indeed Marc Specter... His girlfriend and him have a conversation and reveals to the audience that he's a con-artist working against Hammerhead. It was actually a very cool scene and I'm looking forward to more of him. Moon Knight rocks. Then, there's a scene with Aunt May and Peter, explaining more about Peter's character and opinion about the Cat. The final cut roles in... There's a news report about how things are out of control because the Kingpin isn't around and Dini speaks up and is pleading for his life... The next panel, Elektra offs him. Kingpin ends with saying that he's cleaning up. We'll see...

As you can see, the issue was strong. The humor was definitely there and the action was great... I really like Moon Knight, Hammerhead, and Kingpin. I think that these three characters as well as Spider-Man are really cool characters.

What I did not like about the issue was that Black Cat is not the character she was before. She came on to Peter too strongly. I don't care if she's really sexy she just seemed like a completely different character at the end of Cats and Kings than she is now. I don't like that change. Also, Iron Fist and Shang Chi were not there and Ox of the Enforcers was locked up again... Why'd you bring him back, Bendis?

We'll talk about this tomorrow, I guess.

How'd you get the issue? I thought it wasn't gonna come out until Thursday in the States because of the holiday? Since I'm in the area now, Goodz, you should be sharing these secrets with me.

Anyway like what you had to say. Glad there's hope for Ultimate MoonKnight. Looking forward to reading this.

I got the issue because of my subscriptions. Oddly enough, it actually came out early for me! :) There are some perks to having one, right?

Yeah, there's definitely hope for Ultimate Moon Knight... I would argue he's shaping up to be a much cooler character than even your Ultimate Daredevil. There's more to him already, anyway, than there ever will be for your boy at this rate. Sorry, MwoF. There were small hints made about his loyalties which will be interesting by arcs end and I can't wait to see why he's so interested in the cops, especially DeWolfe. Spector said he was simply on servailance since Spider-Man showed up and a fight broke out, so his character is definitely shrowded in secret at this point. Which I like. Can't wait for more.

Goodwill said:
I got the issue because of my subscriptions. Oddly enough, it actually came out early for me! :) There are some perks to having one, right?

Yeah, there's definitely hope for Ultimate Moon Knight... I would argue he's shaping up to be a much cooler character than even your Ultimate Daredevil. There's more to him already, anyway, than there ever will be for your boy at this rate. Sorry, MwoF. There were small hints made about his loyalties which will be interesting by arcs end and I can't wait to see why he's so interested in the cops, especially DeWolfe. Spector said he was simply on servailance since Spider-Man showed up and a fight broke out, so his character is definitely shrowded in secret at this point. Which I like. Can't wait for more.
Moon Knight is definitely working for Fury. I mean if Fury is keeping dibs on all heroes, like in Ultimate Adventure, he definitely has people like Moon Knight working for him. At least that's my idealistic theory. He's not cooler than Daredevil. Relax Goodz :wink:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Moon Knight is definitely working for Fury. I mean if Fury is keeping dibs on all heroes, like in Ultimate Adventure, he definitely has people like Moon Knight working for him. At least that's my idealistic theory. He's not cooler than Daredevil. Relax Goodz :wink:

That's actually a very cool theory. I would actually really like to see that. He seems like a businessman to me, so it's entirely possible.

Also, did I mention the issue contains the coolest splash page? It's of Dini get stabbed! It's incredibly detailed... It's so cool!

Goodwill, normally you don't bug me, but rightnow in the words of Ultimate Bush, Shut Up! I mean shut your ****ing mouth! Daredevil could not only whoop Moon Knight's ***** but force him to eat his damn stick. What people fail to realize is that DD is the most bad ***** mother ****er in the marvelverse, ultimate or otherwise. HE will always have the deepest darkest stories to tell. The fact that his gittup is a devil is a metaphor to just how dark his life is. They're will always be more behind DD than any other super hero, because he's not liek the rest. Batman comes close, but what separates Batman and Daredevil is Matt Murdock isn't a millionare playboy. Moon Knight is DD's B!T©h. In marvel DD owns the streets at night. Not some clown dumb enough to wear white to a super-hero fight.

(Sorry didn't mean to get all up tight, but don't lay the smack down on DD and no one gets hurt)

Hawkeye101 said:
Goodwill, normally you don't bug me, but rightnow in the words of Ultimate Bush, Shut Up! I mean shut your ****ing mouth! Daredevil could not only whoop Moon Knight's ***** but force him to eat his damn stick. What people fail to realize is that DD is the most bad ***** mother ****er in the marvelverse, ultimate or otherwise. HE will always have the deepest darkest stories to tell. The fact that his gittup is a devil is a metaphor to just how dark his life is. They're will always be more behind DD than any other super hero, because he's not liek the rest. Batman comes close, but what separates Batman and Daredevil is Matt Murdock isn't a millionare playboy. Moon Knight is DD's B!T©h. In marvel DD owns the streets at night. Not some clown dumb enough to wear white to a super-hero fight.

(Sorry didn't mean to get all up tight, but don't lay the smack down on DD and no one gets hurt)

Daredevil sucks. Moon Knight could whip his candy ***

Nurhachi said:
Daredevil sucks. Moon Knight could whip his candy ***

Daredevil is one bad ***** mother 'shut yo mouth'. 'Kay? While Moon Knight was hopelessly getting his ***** chewed by Spider-Man, Daredevil was not only getting some from one of his many Honeys, but had already whooped up on the guys who blew the wearhouse up in the first place. Oh, and then later Daredevil made Moon Knight eat his stick. And told him that white sucks.

I love Moon Knight. In my eyes, he's Marvel's version of Batman. There's just so much secrecy and mystery to his character, plus he can kick some serious a**, which is always cool!

I have high hopes for Ultimate Moon Knight. Bendis is a huge fan of the character, so I see Moony becoming a huge force in the Ultimate Universe.

DD = A man with nothing to lose, blind, girl friend ****ed by a villian = A trained cold killer.

Moon knight = A rich dude.

DIrishB said:
so are the new issues indeed shipping on Thursday instead of Wednesday due to Labor Day?

I would guess so (on other holiday weeks when I've had to pick up non-subscription issues its has been true.) I just got my copy today (glad subscriptions are back in order, I had to wait a week and a half to get 81). I have to agree, awesome issue

Yeah, I was actually real surprised to see the USM issue in my mailbox. I was getting used to having to wait a while for the issues...

Wow, I'm really sorry for starting a dispute about Moon and DD. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal, guys. DD is not that prominent a character in the UU... Big deal. Moon Knight seems to be becoming one so that's why I made the comment.

There was other stuff that happened in the issue... :)

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I was actually real surprised to see the USM issue in my mailbox. I was getting used to having to wait a while for the issues...

Wow, I'm really sorry for starting a dispute about Moon and DD. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal, guys. DD is not that prominent a character in the UU... Big deal. Moon Knight seems to be becoming one so that's why I made the comment.

There was other stuff that happened in the issue... :)

I sorry too. But DD has had more shows in the Ultimate Universe than Moon Knight.

Guys, take it easy. They're comic book characters. Ultimate Moon Knight is being made now to actually be one of the coolest characters so they can launch the mini. If Goodz thinks he's better than that's for a good reason because he probably is in the UU. I said "relax" as a joke because it's understood DD is my favorite character. But no need to go off on him. And no need to fuel the fight either.

I'll check the issue out tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm sorry for bringing up Daredevil, but it appears, in the UU, the character is just there for cameos and to further develope Elektra. We'll need an origin and more of the reason why he dresses up for me to be sold on him. IN THE UU.

Right now, Moon Knight has a lot more light cast on his character than the myriad of Daredevil sightings we've had. Done and done...

If you've got the issue, let's talk! :)

Yeah, so...

DIrishB said:
Any weird time jumps I should know about in regards to the timeline?

Not sure if I'll have time to stop by the comic store tomorrow after work, we'll see, but if not just want to make sure the timeline is correct (course in the overall aspect of it many could argue it never will be).

Latest posts

Back