Ultimate Spider-Man #82 discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 3 21.4%

Votes: 9 64.3%

Votes: 2 14.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nurhachi said:
Thats gonna be Moonknights role (who, by the way, could kick DDs blind ***) :)
Like I said Bendis has to turn Moon Knight into a popular character and like I said when Moon Knight was first announced he is in the front running of Spider-Man's Mentor.

But and I know it probably won't and I know we're all sick of the Daredevil talk because it should probably go in the baseless speculation thread but this Warriors arc is the perfect place for him and it really makes none to the little sense for the reasons Hawkeye mentioned.

Pros

-He's a New York Hero and if everyone else and their mother's gonna jump in on this then let's have it.

-At this point in the Ultimate Timeline should have a grudge against Fisk since Joe Q is so insistant that UDD isn't much difference than 616 DD and 616 Daredevil.

-Elektra ('nuff said) Here's what I find to be the most interesting aspect. On a personal note I do have sort of a hero complex at home and a lot of times with girls and these girls are always bad news but do I go after them, no I go after the men who have turned them into sluts and who blaze with them. Even if Elektra decided to go the way of the villain, Daredevil as a guy who is in love with her would do what anyother guy would do... make excuses for her as he's battleing with himself to forgive her even if she doesn't deserve it. The main excuse will be the one who has corrupted her and he would hate Kingpin and he would fight him. That's what boys in love do. They go after the man who took her away from them. Not too mention everyone wants to see the interaction.

-Bendis is writing...eh, not the best reason but he does enjoy the character.

Cons

-The only argument one has is does the Gang Wars take place in Hell's Kitchen? Well, maybe it doesn't but I don't see how it couldn't. If not then people would say Daredevil only stays in Hell's Kitchen but I really doubt that's the case if this is as big as we all think.

TheManWithoutFear said:
-The only argument one has is does the Gang Wars take place in Hell's Kitchen? Well, maybe it doesn't but I don't see how it couldn't. If not then people would say Daredevil only stays in Hell's Kitchen but I really doubt that's the case if this is as big as we all think.

That's what I was going to say. It's not taking place in Hell's Kitchen, so DD shouldn't be involved.

As for him being Spidey's "coach" - he hates Spider-Man. Why would he do that?

UltimateE said:
That's what I was going to say. It's not taking place in Hell's Kitchen, so DD shouldn't be involved.

As for him being Spidey's "coach" - he hates Spider-Man. Why would he do that?

Maybe to help Spidey wise up and become less naive about the super-hero dual life...maybe Daredevil wouldn't think Spidey was such a tool if he helped him grow up and mature some (as this seems to be the main reason of DD's dislike of Spidey).

DIrishB said:
Maybe to help Spidey wise up and become less naive about the super-hero dual life...maybe Daredevil wouldn't think Spidey was such a tool if he helped him grow up and mature some (as this seems to be the main reason of DD's dislike of Spidey).
Which is what I'm certain the relationship will be about when Ultimate Daredevil shows up again.

And E, Don't you think this gang war would spill into Hell's Kitchen? Just because it's not shown is pretty naive of the writers.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Which is what I'm certain the relationship will be about when Ultimate Daredevil shows up again.

And E, Don't you think this gang war would spill into Hell's Kitchen? Just because it's not shown is pretty naive of the writers.

I do have to agree, I'm hoping for at the very least a DD cameo, though I would by far prefer to have him show up and save everyone's asses at the end of the arc.

Regarding Black Cat coming back from the dead, I actually buy it. This is because Bendis intended to keep her alive in the first place so that was no real problem for me. I've also seen guys on TV getting stabbed or impaled by something bigger than Elektra's sais and survived so it's not ridiculous. Ross and Hammerhand are a different story. I doubt Hammerhead was intended to be a mutant in the Gambit story, but at least it's an okay attempt to excuse him from surviving getting his head blown off. That's probably a reason why they had to put a scene were Hammerhead gets shot in the head at close range and survives with minor injuries.

If you notice, Dini's death is a homage to how Elektra kills that first guy she hunts down in her cruddy movie.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Regarding Black Cat coming back from the dead, I actually buy it. This is because Bendis intended to keep her alive in the first place so that was no real problem for me. I've also seen guys on TV getting stabbed or impaled by something bigger than Elektra's sais and survived so it's not ridiculous. Ross and Hammerhand are a different story. I doubt Hammerhead was intended to be a mutant in the Gambit story, but at least it's an okay attempt to excuse him from surviving getting his head blown off. That's probably a reason why they had to put a scene were Hammerhead gets shot in the head at close range and survives with minor injuries.

If you notice, Dini's death is a homage to how Elektra kills that first guy she hunts down in her cruddy movie.

Good points on Black Cat's survival...that and the whole 9 lives parallel, and her powers are luck based so I guess she's just super lucky...why she doesn't buy a lotto ticket and make her money that way over stealing stuff is beyond me, but maybe she's an adrenaline junkie.

Didn't even notice about Dini's death being an homage to the movie, but then again the only thing worth remembering from it was Jennifer Garner's tight costume.

TheManWithoutFear said:

It could, sure. Depending on how big it is allowed to get, that is.

I wouldn't have a problem with that, I'm just saying UDD isn't in the story because it hasn't got to that point yet. If it did, I would hope he DOES get involved.

cmdrjanjalani said:

which in turn is homeage to how she killed the informant in visionaries :wink:

DIrishB said:
I do have to agree, I'm hoping for at the very least a DD cameo, though I would by far prefer to have him show up and save everyone's asses at the end of the arc.
It would be perfect think about how controlling Daredevil is. How organized he wants the superhero fight to be. Think about what this arc is all about. All the violence and out of control chaos that's going on. This is Daredevil's cue.

TheManWithoutFear said:
which in turn is homeage to how she killed the informant in visionaries :wink:

It would be perfect think about how controlling Daredevil is. How organized he wants the superhero fight to be. Think about what this arc is all about. All the violence and out of control chaos that's going on. This is Daredevil's cue.

Exactly. Bring on Daredevil Bendis...you only spent years writing the guy in 616, how about a bit more Ultimate love...last time we saw Ultimate DD before Ultimates 2 (and that was only Matt Murdock to be fair) was in the Blockbuster arc in UXM, and that was like 2 years ago at least.

Hawkeye101 said:
Again I will ask: Where in the Hell is Daredevil. I only ask because:

1) He doesn't like the Kingpin or Hammerhead either

2) Elektra is involved

3) Bendis is writing the arc!

Where are you!?

simple, it all happened one day when bendis thought it would be funny to piss off his wife when he didn't buy her a Hummer, and since she was the one that made his contract with marvel, and she knew how much Bendis liked DD, AND made sure he could NEVER write DD again, all unknowing to bendis, ...

EDIT: in the Ultimate Universe

Last edited:
nigma said:
simple, it all happened one day when bendis thought it would be funny to piss off his wife when he didn't buy her a Hummer, and since she was the one that made his contract with marvel, and she knew how much Bendis liked DD, AND made sure he could NEVER write DD again, all unknowing to bendis, ...

EDIT: in the Ultimate Universe

:shock:
It's not ture! Tell me it's not ture!
:cry:
please..... it cannot be true!
:cry:

shadyd1224 said:
i thought black cat survived because she fell in with the tablet and it healed her

Why wouldn't she tell Spidey that were it the case? I suppose its possible, since the tablet was supposedly going to heal Vanessa Fisk (Kingpin's wife) from whatever malady she had, but nothing is certain. For all we know the tablet was worthless in terms of healing people and was just an ancient piece of rock with writing on it.

shadyd1224 said:
giant-man/ant-man musta took some from alice, how else would he get big and small

Ummm, well I don't really want to have to analyze his turn ons, but if I were married to Janet Pym I'd have her do some sexy dances, culminating in a strip tease and hot, passionate se--

Wait a minute, you meant his super-power...well that was scientifically explained in the first Ultimates volume, silly.

Latest posts

Back