Ultimate Spider-Man #84 (SPOILERS)

UltimateScarletWitch said:
Well, frankly, Evil, I don't agree with you. Elektra doesn't need uber nija powers because she already has a super ability.

See, when Spider-Man was born, the doctor said: Look! It has a penis! And when Elektra was born the doctor said: Look! It has a Vagina! Thus, Spidey already was two or three steps behind (unless, ofcourse, we find out that Ultimate Spidey is gay) Elektra. And those spider powers may have put him on par with her. Except, Elektra took those fighting classes.

To make my case, Evil (assuming you are a guy), If I asked you to me as hard as you could, even if I payed you, you would never hit me at your full strength. Ever. Why? Because somewhere deep within the nut shell boys call a brain you think it'll be possible to squeeze me (or any girl for that matter) out of my pants and get down and dirty in the horizontal tango. And as we can see (from more than just this issue) that Spider-Man has a lust crush on Elektra. So, without even realising it, When Spidey used his legs and thrusted Elektra over him, he wasn't actually using all of his strength. It is a natural ability almost any woman has over men.

Oh, and one more thing, Elektra's boobs would have so flown out of that outfit more than once during the fight. :D

You are so Hawkeye101. You 'talk' exactly the same. If you aren't, then the similarities scare me.

To make my case, Evil (assuming you are a guy), If I asked you to me as hard as you could, even if I payed you, you would never hit me at your full strength. Ever. Why? Because somewhere deep within the nut shell boys call a brain you think it'll be possible to squeeze me (or any girl for that matter) out of my pants and get down and dirty in the horizontal tango.

:lol:

Good way to start a day, thanks!

You're actually half right, seriously. But this is is a free pass that is only good for exactly one smack down, which Spidey already had a while ago. I did some sparring in combat sports with females (Judo and Karate).

In Judo in particular I sparred with a fairly tall and strong woman and couldn't "put my back into it" on the first bout for roughly the reasons you enumerated. She must have weighed at about 160 an not in fat (I was skinny at the time and weighed about as much, hence the match up). I ended on my *** fairly fast. Many people laughed, the woman made a "grrrl power" kind of comment about me being beat up by a little girl and I was pretty damn embarassed. You know what? She landed on soundly on her back the next 6 bout straight and she didn't look good doing it. I think 5 of the 6 time I took her down faster than she beat me that first time and 4 of the 6 were Ippon (or however you spell a fall that is good for instant victory). Male ego can only think so much beating from a girl before all break are pulled, you know. ;)

Specifically related to USM : Spider-Man actually looked like he was more trying to subdue (with little success) both Black Cat and Elektra in their first encounters back in USM 50ish. That could the "free pass" I was talking about. But This time around he was depicted punching and fighting for real a lot more. He looked like he was making a real effort. It should have shown in the result. I really see no reason to believe that the double kick to the stomach I mentioned earlier was for play and not something that should have sent Elektra through a wall and out of the fight. We do see her flying back after all. For a non enhanced human, being lifted off the ground at a 45degree angle by any blow is a very bad sign.

And even if I was accepting that he was pulling punches, that doesn't explain why he can't dodge Elektra as well as he dodge everything else and why he can't shrug off her attack better the way he does from much stronger opponents.

Bendis just depicted Elektra punching above her weight class because he tought she's cool, and that's pretty much all there is to it. Just watch any Elektra story : she always punch above her weight class when dealing with superhumans in a crossover title but when she's back in her own title facing more street level fare, she get a good workout and several pages worth of fight scene from baddies that Spider-Man would leave webbed to a lampost in two panels or less while on his way to battle Venom. Same is true for Daredevil and Punisher, seriously. In DC it's even worse : Batman always beat Superman! The only hero allowed to do so because he's the only one more popular (Okay, I won't take that one too far because I'm not a DC buff).

Hey Bendis, if you are dying to show Spider-Man getting beat up by a scantily clad female, use She-Hulk next time. That I would accept.

Last edited:
Well, frankly, Evil, I don't agree with you. Elektra doesn't need uber nija powers because she already has a super ability.

See, when Spider-Man was born, the doctor said: Look! It has a penis! And when Elektra was born the doctor said: Look! It has a Vagina! Thus, Spidey already was two or three steps behind (unless, ofcourse, we find out that Ultimate Spidey is gay) Elektra. And those spider powers may have put him on par with her. Except, Elektra took those fighting classes.

To make my case, Evil (assuming you are a guy), If I asked you to me as hard as you could, even if I payed you, you would never hit me at your full strength. Ever. Why? Because somewhere deep within the nut shell boys call a brain you think it'll be possible to squeeze me (or any girl for that matter) out of my pants and get down and dirty in the horizontal tango. And as we can see (from more than just this issue) that Spider-Man has a lust crush on Elektra. So, without even realising it, When Spidey used his legs and thrusted Elektra over him, he wasn't actually using all of his strength. It is a natural ability almost any woman has over men.

Oh, and one more thing, Elektra's boobs would have so flown out of that outfit more than once during the fight. :D
This so totally proves it's not Hawkeye. And I totally agree with you.... in fewer words.

Re: Wtf?!

compound said:
Sinister!? When was that ever established?

UXM 49

"DNA confirm he's one Nathaniel Essex, used to work as bioengineer for an Oscorp subsidiary in New Orleans."
-Fury, 4th page to last

Notice New Orleans, where UXM 13-14 take place and Hammerhead old turf.

Hammerhead didn't kill Gambit when he had the chance apparently on the orders of Silvermane, Hammerhead Boss from New York at the time (we now know how that turned out). Turns out Silvermane owed Essex. But by the conversation, it seems Hammerhead knew Sinister only by reputation, not personnally, despite the fact that they both worked out of New Orleans while Silvermane was in New York.

Still, it's something.

Last edited:
Ah!

E.Vi.L. said:
You're absolutely right -- I remember Fury's remark from the end of "The Tempest", but I'd completely forgotten about Hammerhead's role in the orignal Gambit 2-part arc (which was easily THE WORST ULTIMATE STORY -- yes, even worse than UIM, in my opinion). I was hoping that would just be disregarded or forgotten. Oh well.

Were there any specific references to Essex in those issues?

Incidentally, have there been any references to whether "Ultimate Katrina" had the same effect on "Ultimate New Orleans" as it did in the real world? I would imagine that that would need to be considered, given the number of characters with links to that city.

Re: Ah!

compound said:
the orignal Gambit 2-part arc (which was easily THE WORST ULTIMATE STORY -- yes, even worse than UIM, in my opinion). I was hoping that would just be disregarded or forgotten. Oh well.
Why? It was a cool rogue story about one character it didn't hurt anyone and gave us gambit fanboys something to chew on. I don't see how it was terrible. I'd let you slide but you definitely crossed the line with the worse the UIM comment... Gert lover! :wink:

Re: Ah!

compound said:
Were there any specific references to Essex in those issues?

Without rereading those issues, only one, when Hammerhead explain why he didn't kill the sleeping Gambit when he took the girl away. He said Silvermane told him no to because he owed Nathaniel Essex a Favor.

So presumably, Gambit and Essex were linked somewhere in their past and Essex owed Gambit. For Essex to be aware that Gambit was running afoul of Hammerhead and use his clout to get a New York mob boss to call a lackey to heel implies that he had solid connection in the New Orleans underworld before he became a stuttering lunatic chasing sacrifice victims in New York for Lord Apocalypse who at this point might be a figment of his imagination for all we know. And I would add that this last sentence was way too long but I'm not gonna rewrite because today I feel that to keep pounding at the keyboard is less trouble thant editing a post which it probably isn't but what are you gonna do that's how I feel today.

Last edited:
If he means the geeky kid from Runaways, it's a great thing. That's what you mean, MWF, right?

TheManWithoutFear said:
As for the X-Men. So Nathaniel Essex is in the Trisk and Gambit's body just happens to be there? Something's gotta give there.
Whoa, good observation, bro! Shame we're in the totally wrong thread/forum to discuss it ;)

Last edited:
Oooh, not bad MFW.

But I don't think we're due for a Gambit comeback right now because Rogue is not around and don't think we'll see that happen unless they are both in the story. Since Vaughn eased the presence of Longshot, Sinister and Deathstrike two issues before they were needed from a narrative POV, I doubt he'll just pop Rogue out of nowhere for the final issue. IMO anyway.

And yeah, wrong thread, but too interesting to let go by.

ProjectX2 said:
You are so Hawkeye101. You 'talk' exactly the same. If you aren't, then the similarities scare me.

I spent the first 8 years of my life down the hall from him, and we've spent every holiday, every school break, and every family even less than twenty feet away from each other. And now, once again, I am living with him. We have a lot of the same views when it comes to comics, such as favorites and stuff, although he has an unorthodox imagination when it comes to speculation, something I'm sure you've expirianced. Girls mature faster than boys, and since we hung out so much, I may have been an infuence on what kind of person he is. You might know what that's like if you got away from the computer and interacted with human beings face-to-face.

I don't think most guys aversion to hitting women has anything to do with the possibility sex, more with what they're taught and possibly even an instinctual habit.

E.Vi.L. said:
In DC it's even worse : Batman always beat Superman! The only hero allowed to do so because he's the only one more popular

Nah, its cuz Batman is the ****. And Superman is just a ***** with super-strength.

TheManWithoutFear said:
This so totally proves it's not Hawkeye. And I totally agree with you.... in fewer words.

I've said that a few times, but some people (who have nothing better to focus on) wanna keep saying its Hawkeye101, so its obvious nothing is going to change their mind, so blah!

E.Vi.L. said:
UXM 49

"DNA confirm he's one Nathaniel Essex, used to work as bioengineer for an Oscorp subsidiary in New Orleans."
-Fury, 4th page to last

Hammerhead didn't kill Gambit when he had the chance apparently on the orders of Silvermane, Hammerhead Boss from New York at the time (we now know how that turned out). Turns out Silvermane owed Essex. But by the conversation, it seems Hammerhead knew Sinister only by reputation, not personnally, despite the fact that they both worked out of New Orleans while Silvermane was in New York.

Still, it's something.

My head hurts now.

compound said:
I remember Fury's remark from the end of "The Tempest", but I'd completely forgotten about Hammerhead's role in the orignal Gambit 2-part arc (which was easily THE WORST ULTIMATE STORY -- yes, even worse than UIM, in my opinion).

I totally disagree. It wasn't good, but still far and above better than UIM. You heathen.

TheManWithoutFear said:
As for the X-Men. So Nathaniel Essex is in the Trisk and Gambit's body just happens to be there? Something's gotta give there.

Good point.

I spent the first 8 years of my life down the hall from him, and we've spent every holiday, every school break, and every family even less than twenty feet away from each other. And now, once again, I am living with him. We have a lot of the same views when it comes to comics, such as favorites and stuff, although he has an unorthodox imagination when it comes to speculation, something I'm sure you've expirianced. Girls mature faster than boys, and since we hung out so much, I may have been an infuence on what kind of person he is.

Honestly, they're not going to listen. They've got it in their head you're Hawkeye101, they're not going to let it go. Forget it, does their opinion matter? Nope.

You might know what that's like if you got away from the computer and interacted with human beings face-to-face.

Ohhhhhh, USW Hex-BURN!

You might know what that's like if you got away from the computer and interacted with human beings face-to-face.
Project's been around since the 1930's ofcourse he knows how to live without the internet :twisted: He's totally gonna shoot you with his trusty n00b shotgun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back