Ultimate Spider-Man #86 discussion (spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 86 (spoiler)

the watcher said:
First of all If This Flash is like The Flash of The 616 Universe. He'd probably can not wait to tell someone (Kong or Liz).

Possible Soiler!
And They won't find the Spidey Outfit in Peter's Bag Cause Peter won't Be there. I can't remember where I herd it but Peter finds out someone is tring to find out who he is. So he goes to The X-Men. to see Kitty. and ask what he should do.

December soilt said:
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #87 & 88
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"SILVER SABLE"
In her efforts to apprehend Spider-Man, Silver Sable inadvertently convinces authorities—and the media—that Spidey does indeed go to Midtown High School. And the first backpack they're going to check belongs to none other than—Peter Parker! But Peter's already taken the advice of his new girlfriend—Ultimate X-Men's Kitty Pryde—and seeks out Sable and her Wildpack for a showdown. Things do not go as planned for the web-spinner. Not at all. Parts 2 & 3 (of 5)
32 PGS. (each)/T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50 (each)
IN STORES 12/7/05 & 12/21/05

it wasn't that bad of an issue, but i didn't like the way that silver was drawn. she looked like shes a 25 year old barbie doll. i thouht she'd be older then she is. the cover sliver looks the right age.

I really don't expect anything out the rest of this arc.

The issue was all right. Omega Red was as expected at least he can show up later... is that a good thing?

The Wrecking Crew? Ultimized like what? Everyone's goin on about them (on other boards too) and they haven't done anything. Maybe it's cause I know basicly nothing about them.

The whole Silver Sable just seems so cliche to me along with her relationship with Roxxon.

As for the whole Flash by accident. Just how can they lose Spider-Man like that? He drops between buidlings you wait and see who comes out and how did Spider-Man land and suddenly Flash takes his place. If the Wildpack was that good they would've had him but I guess there wouldn't be much of a story. I don't really buy them tracking Spider-Man and him never noticeing a helicopter behind him the whole time.

I need to get a hold of the game :?

2.5/5 (right in the middle)

TheManWithoutFear said:
The Wrecking Crew? Ultimized like what? Everyone's goin on about them (on other boards too) and they haven't done anything. Maybe it's cause I know basicly nothing about them.

Like I said, they are more like the Ultimate Cleaning Crew than the Wrecking Crew.

Ultimate Omega Red was lame. As for the Wrecking Crew, it seems that they combined them with Dwayne McDuffie's Damage Control series from the '90s. It was basically about the people that clean up after the big fights. Kinda' ironic, when you think about it.

Doc Comic said:
As for the Wrecking Crew, it seems that they combined them with Dwayne McDuffie's Damage Control series from the '90.
Dwayne McDuffie wrote Damage Control? I had NO IDEA. It's the definite precursor to Dan Slott's She-Hulk or the new Defenders and New Warriors series, in terms of its sense of humor, and poking fun at silly Marvel concepts, while using them as legitimate plot devices, at the same time. Loved that series as a kid. Really feel bad about selling off the issues to help fund Metallica tix. (It was the Black Album tour, okay? Don't give me too much crap for it.)

Last edited:

I wasn't impressed by this issue much either. The Ultimate Wrecking Crew was cool to see, but like E said they didn't fit their name. Ultimate Omega Red was lame, nothing new offered there. Its even mentioned he's Russian (like his 616 counterpart), yet I didn't see even a hint of an accent attempted. But those are minor complaints. Like many others have said, I'm annoyed by Sable's apparently not knowing Spider-Man is Peter Parker, as she found out in the game. Hopefully this will be explained beyond her kicking Flash in the head and her realizing its not him through his reaction. I'm still looking forward to the rest of this arc, most notably Kitty's coming onto the title and the Ultimate version of Vulture (since we got to see Adrian Toombes in the game, I was hoping we'd see Vulture before too long, and looks like I didn't have to wait too long). I'll give it a 2/5.

I played through the game twice. And Sable does know that Peter is Spider-Man. She even fights Peter hand-to-hand.

Thusly, as far as we know, the game isn't in continuity. Which is a shame, since we might not see the Beetle/Latverian loose ends wrapped up.

Unless Bendis pulls something crazy like the Sable in this issue is the DAUGHTER of the Sable in the game. That's the only thing I can think of.

Shockmuffin said:
I played through the game twice. And Sable does know that Peter is Spider-Man. She even fights Peter hand-to-hand.

Thusly, as far as we know, the game isn't in continuity. Which is a shame, since we might not see the Beetle/Latverian loose ends wrapped up.

Unless Bendis pulls something crazy like the Sable in this issue is the DAUGHTER of the Sable in the game. That's the only thing I can think of.
Game IS in continuity.

Maybe she just didnt remember how Peter looked liked? I mean, hasnt it been a while or so?

icemastertron said:
Game IS in continuity.

Maybe she just didnt remember how Peter looked liked? I mean, hasnt it been a while or so?

She does know what Peter looks like, what his name is and even finds out where he lives in the game. In this issue, Flash even says his name out loud and she still thinks he's Spider-Man.

So, unless only certain portions of the game are in continuity, the Silver Sable part doesn't fit with this issue.

I dunno, maybe it'll all be explained next issue, but as it is now, the game and the comic don't match up.

Are we certain this issue is included in the subscriptions? I thought it might not be because of the Vision backstory...

Shockmuffin said:
So, unless only certain portions of the game are in continuity, the Silver Sable part doesn't fit with this issue.
Bendis is known for continuity glitches, it could be explained later, but the game is all in continuity.
Goodwill said:
Are we certain this issue is included in the subscriptions? I thought it might not be because of the Vision backstory...
Well, that would be another stupid idea from Marvel.

Let's make sure we're keeping discussion on the game and whether or not it is continuity in the appropriate thread.

Discussion of the game and how it relates specifically to events in THIS issue is fine.

How about if that porition of the game ties into this arc. Does that work?
no it doesn't, the fight with sable, happens just before peter is captured by trask & co (just after fighting venom) which then leads into the end of the game...from the time he is captured until the final fight with venom, not even a night has passed

Latest posts

Back