Ultimate Spider-Man #86 discussion (spoilers)

I haven't played the PS/GC/DS game but the GBA version (it was crap by the way) and I got the impression that Peter knew Silver Sable from before the game so I'm with who ever thinks that THIS (the comic arc) is Spider-Mans first encounter with her.

"Did no one read the artical I posted from IGN!" they said that during this story they will ease the game into this story and answer some questions left by the game.

I'm pretty sure I read that this arc was before her appearance in the game.
didn't Bendis already say this takes place about 3-4 months after the "Venom" arc?
i know that the game DOES fit in to continuity before this arc, because i remember Bendis HAS said that...somewhere

haven't played the PS/GC/DS game but the GBA version (it was crap by the way) and I got the impression that Peter knew Silver Sable from before the game so I'm with who ever thinks that THIS (the comic arc) is Spider-Mans first encounter with her.
where did you get this impression you speak of?

Last edited:
Whelp, if the game does take place after this arc, MJ and Peter will get back together in the not-so-far future.

I'm just going with what I perceive from this issue, and as far as I perceive there aren't a lot of ways for the game to fit before this arc.

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 86 (spoiler)

Shockmuffin said:
She does know what Peter looks like, what his name is and even finds out where he lives in the game. In this issue, Flash even says his name out loud and she still thinks he's Spider-Man.

So, unless only certain portions of the game are in continuity, the Silver Sable part doesn't fit with this issue.

I dunno, maybe it'll all be explained next issue, but as it is now, the game and the comic don't match up.

Just assume she didn't remember what he looked like at first. Basically all it took for her to know it wasn't Spider-Man was kicking Flash in the head, so one must assume she's had at least some experience with the wall crawler in that respect. Just chalk it up to Bendis not making this arc dependant on the game's storyline.

But either way, the game IS in continuity. I agree in hoping more will be explained next issue, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Again...

Is it possible that the SS portions of the game take place within this current arc?

No, the portions of the game with Silver Sable all follow one right after another, over I think a two or three day span of time. This arc definitly takes place awhile AFTER the game entirely.

Shockmuffin said:
Whelp, if the game does take place after this arc, MJ and Peter will get back together in the not-so-far future.

I'm just going with what I perceive from this issue, and as far as I perceive there aren't a lot of ways for the game to fit before this arc.

Final time: the game occurs BEFORE this arc.

true...except the game IS set before this arc, it just hasn't been explained well

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man 86 (spoiler)

DIrishB said:
Final time: the game occurs BEFORE this arc.

And I am a proponent for this scenario, but the evidence doesn't fit.

Flash says "My name is Flash Thompson" and Sable responds "I know, and you don't have to hide the secret ID..etc,etc."

Soooo, this implies Sable thinks Flash is Spider-Man. When if the game has happened already, she'd know that wasn't true. And while that room might have been poorly lit, Flash and Peter look totally different. I don't think a pro like Sable would make this mistake.

Of course, it could be that Sable is simply extending a professional courtesy towards Peter and pretending to play dumb to not expose his ID to Roxxon or the Wildpack agents, but we'll see.

And I am a proponent for this scenario, but the evidence doesn't fit.

Flash says "My name is Flash Thompson" and Sable responds "I know, and you don't have to hide the secret ID..etc,etc."

Soooo, this implies Sable thinks Flash is Spider-Man. When if the game has happened already, she'd know that wasn't true. And while that room might have been poorly lit, Flash and Peter look totally different. I don't think a pro like Sable would make this mistake.

Of course, it could be that Sable is simply extending a professional courtesy towards Peter and pretending to play dumb to not expose his ID to Roxxon or the Wildpack agents, but we'll see.

i know that is the way it is shown & makes no sense but unless Bendis is B*** S*****n us then the game is first, he's already said so.

i don't see why she'd do that seeing as she had no problem telling her team in the game who he was (seeing as they all went to capture him)

Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
during the fight or the first time they meet in the game?
During the scenes between the stages. And remember that I'm talking about the GBA version. The scenes might be different in some ways than the other versions.

During the scenes between the stages. And remember that I'm talking about the GBA version. The scenes might be different in some ways than the other versions
ah good point, can you give me a summary of the part you mean so i can tell if its in the GC version or not

Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
ah good point, can you give me a summary of the part you mean so i can tell if its in the GC version or not
Whish I could remember. I finished the game in 3 hours the first day it was out so it's been awhile. The little I remember is that during one scene Silver and Spider is talking and Silver is saying something and Spider replies something like "Sure thing Crazy Lady." I don't know, it just seemed like they where talking in a familiar tone.

Last edited:
something like that happened on the other versions as well, if its the same thing then i thought it showed that he didn't know who she was

Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
something like that happened on the other versions as well, if its the same thing then i thought it showed that he didn't know who she was
Yeah, well. We'll see. We will probably just get some explanation that the stories happens parallell to each other or something.

Yeah, well. We'll see. We will probably just get some explanation that the stories happens parallell to each other or something.
yeah probobly...either that or they skip right over it...or maybe she's a robot (there's an ultimate vision joke i could make now but...nah i'll leave it)

Goodwill said:
Bendis said this stuff would work out, yet people are arguing. What does this guy take us for? Idiots?

Or you could wait until you read the story to see how it is explained.

Latest posts

Back