Ultimate Spider-Man #90 discussion SPOILERS!!

TheManWithoutFear said:
*Slaps self on forehead*

3 pages and it's mostly arguing about UXM and I have no idea what's going on because NO ONE EXPLAINS ANYTHING ON THIS BOARD!!!!!!! :arrgh:

:furious:

You read the comic! Let us in on it!
Quit your ******ing. Don't act like someone is SUPPOSED to reveal everything in the issue. :roll:

After all MWOF, most of your summaries consist of the parts you liked.

icemastertron said:
Quit your ******ing. Don't act like someone is SUPPOSED to reveal everything in the issue. :roll:

Well, I can see and agree with MWoF's point about people not offering summaries of the issue, as it really is important in terms of addressing points you liked or disliked about the issue. It only really needs to be done once, preferably in the first post. But its just he was acting like no one had posted a summary at all when CG21 had posted a damned detailed one, so I had to call him on it.

DIrishB said:
Well, I can see and agree with MWoF's point about people not offering summaries of the issue, as it really is important in terms of addressing points you liked or disliked about the issue. It only really needs to be done once, preferably in the first post. But its just he was acting like no one had posted a summary at all when CG21 had posted a damned detailed one, so I had to call him on it.
Okay, but the thing is, it's not like it's a forgone rule that someone HAS to tell EVERYTHING that happened.

But enough of that. Back to discussing the issue now.

icemastertron said:

Like I said in the Wolverine Vs. Hulk #2 preview thread before Ice deleted it.

MWoF is like a woman. Who had been geneticlly altered. To have a period ever other day. Or should I say every other hour.

icemastertron said:
Okay, but the thing is, it's not like it's a forgone rule that someone HAS to tell EVERYTHING that happened.

Quite true.

But enough of that. Back to discussing the issue now.

So I think the most interesting think was Fury's interest in the "Slayer" and his hiring of the Tinkerer...could we be seeing Fury's and Peter's already tepid relationship get any worse? Could Fury actually openly attack or try to otherwise neutralize Peter...in a more permanent fashion than temporarily disabling his genetic mutation, etc (like with the collars in Ultimate Six or the device he uses at the end of the Venom arc). Will Peter/Spider-Man become more of an adversary to SHIELD, and start operating without their and Fury's blessing? I'm actually getting interested in USM again, which I really haven't been since Carnage, honestly.

#1 I don't know how I missed that but thank god for Comic_geek.

#2 My summaries do not consist of just the parts I like. I don't know where that comes from.

#3 It's not a rule. It's just polite and helpful to every other member of the site. Don't act like I'm being selfish. I do it everytime I read an issue. Especially on this site.

#4 pertains to watcher and "time of the month" comments... I won't even get started.

#5 from comic_geek's post, sounds like a solid issue. I'll be back tomorrow.

DIrishB said:
So I think the most interesting think was Fury's interest in the "Slayer" and his hiring of the Tinkerer...could we be seeing Fury's and Peter's already tepid relationship get any worse? Could Fury actually openly attack or try to otherwise neutralize Peter...in a more permanent fashion than temporarily disabling his genetic mutation, etc (like with the collars in Ultimate Six or the device he uses at the end of the Venom arc). Will Peter/Spider-Man become more of an adversary to SHIELD, and start operating without their and Fury's blessing? I'm actually getting interested in USM again, which I really haven't been since Carnage, honestly.
You know, I had the same thought. He really seemed facinated by the slayer when the Tinkerer said "What do you want it to slay." I think you do have something there where Fury could use it to take Spidey's power away.

And when Tinkerer agreed to work for him, it would have been funnier (and really a better line, least IMO) if he had answered, "So when do I start?" or something like that.

TheManWithoutFear said:
#1 I don't know how I missed that but thank god for Comic_geek.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow, you make me blush. lol

Thanks, it's good to know my review was helpful!

And by the way DIrishB, until today I've never heard my name stated as CG21 before.

CG21.......that actually sounds cool! I'll have to use that more often!

Hmmmmmm.......CG21.:drooling: :drooling:

DIrishB said:

I agree. The Spider Slayers could be to Spider-Man as the Sentinels are to the X-Men - something to keep him in line. Fury already said at the end of Hobgoblin that it might be time for him to kiss his spider powers goodbye.

I like when Bendis throws things like that in there that can be built on in future issues and arcs, instead of getting the villain of the week treatments we got in Carnage and Hobgoblin. No story should be self contained like that. Things should be constantly evolving, if even in the background. Warriors and Silver Sable were a lot better for that than previous stories.

I'm gonna go read it in a few minutes at the LCS but real quick do you think if the case with the slayers is they're main purpose is to keep Spider-Man in line, that maybe they'll be used for the other heroes that aren't in cahoots with SHIELD?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm gonna go read it in a few minutes at the LCS but real quick do you think if the case with the slayers is they're main purpose is to keep Spider-Man in line, that maybe they'll be used for the other heroes that aren't in cahoots with SHIELD?

Could be...after all they did just call them "Slayers" not "Spider Slayers".

Good ending to a pretty weak arc I thought. Probably because Sable wasn't taking the spotlight.

Vulture was nothing more than a dangerous dangerous thug. And I really liked that. I'm curious why he looks similar to Toomes if he's gonna be another guy altogether. Loved the Ex-SHIELD bit. Wouldn't mind seeing more of him. The Spider-Man/Vulture fight was one of the best in USM ever.

I hope Sable disappears for a long time.

The Flash Thompson story... I didn't really care for it. I just hope this doesn't bring the public perception back to anti-Spider-Man again. That would be lame.

The "Magician" and Angel at the Mansion at the same time doesn't merit a page conversation guys. It's easily explained. Angel is still friends with the X-Men just not enrolled. If he can hangout there then that's why he's there at that time.

The Tinkerer/Roxxon. I agree the Tinkerer's conversation was annoying. Too saturday morning cartoon villainish. However the story's pretty cool and I love how Roxxon is too big for the man that runs it. I just wish it was all explained here. I don't think it's the best loose end hanging around. I hope I never see a tech-lab ever again drawn by Bagley. Nothing made me more angry. I'm looking at the gadgets and I see the beetles helmut. Then I think sweet the beetle has something to do with this. Then I see pumpkin bombs and tentacles. Honestly, don't just draw stuff in there for ****'s sake. Keep the tech legit, and be a little more creative. Just annoying.

Fury's crackin' up. Once that slayer goes out, Peter's not gonna be so happy about it. I wonder where Tony's stands are on it. Good to see him there though.

4/5

Saved the arc.

Deadpool NEXT!!!
:twisted:

Last edited:
Morbius?

That vampire from Maximum Carnage (which I made the mistake to download not too long ago)?

Oh man, that title in my sig might be sorely tested in the coming months but I shall remain steadfast!

Last edited:
Yet another inventor that makes robot suits for villains/heroes, how unique.

Vulture came off as just another guy in a suit without any personality whatsoever. Some agent standing there cloaked, ticking the dollars away, just to film the goings on? If they can invent Iron Man suits, they should be able to invent cameras that are small instead of invisible.

And what was Fury testing for?

The issue was entertaining, though, I liked the very tiny part of X-men/Peter interaction. Spider-man's jokes were amusing, although I get the feeling I have heard the "XXXXX? Who uses that word anymore?" quip a few times before (perhaps I'm just imagining things).

Art was okay. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

2.5 / 5

Oh, and to everyone that has given (or want to) this issue 5/5... how do you rate the best comic book you ever read (I assume this one wasn't)? 6/5? 7/5?

No offense, but if you want people to take your reviews seriously, you need to rethink your gradings. And make sure your motivation text match your grade. Half the time I read "The issue was okay. 5/5!!!!" which is confusing.

Also, I'd suggest using decimals and/or a 10 grade system.

Had you read my post you would have understood that my point is:

They don't really "rate on their opinion".

Latest posts

Back