Ultimate Spider-Man #90 discussion SPOILERS!!

TheManWithoutFear said:
:noway: Me too, man. Me too.

Back on topic. This happens before Ultimates 2. Fury is being made to look somewhat sinister... where that's not really the case in Ultimates 2.. what do we think about that?

I dunno...but I will say that I wish Bendis could handle concurrent story lines, because I'd really like to see the steps Fury is taking to de-Spider-Man Peter.

UltimateE said:
I dunno...but I will say that I wish Bendis could handle concurrent story lines, because I'd really like to see the steps Fury is taking to de-Spider-Man Peter.
You don't think he could handle them? I love it. Every arc is it's own story and he somehow keeps inching his way towards Fury's masterplan...

TheManWithoutFear said:
You don't think he could handle them? I love it. Every arc is it's own story and he somehow keeps inching his way towards Fury's masterplan...

I don't think he can handle them, no. Or, he hasn't in a long time.

I couldn't call it inching toward Fury's masterplan. 3 arcs and we've had 2 references to it.

UltimateE said:
I don't think he can handle them, no. Or, he hasn't in a long time.

I couldn't call it inching toward Fury's masterplan. 3 arcs and we've had 2 references to it.

Could be worse.... Norman Osborne mp is under the radar completely (could be good or bad) at least Fury's is being referenced. Would you rather there was no mention of it until the countdown?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Could be worse.... Norman Osborne mp is under the radar completely (could be good or bad) at least Fury's is being referenced. Would you rather there was no mention of it until the countdown?

On the contrary - I wish there was MORE mention of it. Or at least some sort of a semblance of a direction he's taking it.

UltimateE said:
On the contrary - I wish there was MORE mention of it. Or at least some sort of a semblance of a direction he's taking it.
Well, to be fair, that would mean changing Bendis stories completely. That would mean every arc since Hobgoblin would concentrate wholely on Fury's agenda. I'm personally cool with the fact that Peter's running around faceing other challenges distracted away from Fury.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Well, to be fair, that would mean changing Bendis stories completely. That would mean every arc since Hobgoblin would concentrate wholely on Fury's agenda. I'm personally cool with the fact that Peter's running around faceing other challenges distracted away from Fury.

No no no...concurrent story lines don't have to have anything to do with each other. A book can have more than one thing going on at a time, especially one with as many secondary characters as USM. Peter wouldn't even know of Fury's plans, much less be part of them.

UltimateE said:
No no no...concurrent story lines don't have to have anything to do with each other. A book can have more than one thing going on at a time, especially one with as many secondary characters as USM. Peter wouldn't even know of Fury's plans, much less be part of them.
But I think it's the point that we, as the readers, are taking the steps with Peter Parker and keep getting wrapped up in the action he's directly involved in forgetting about Fury. When we get these sudden appearances by Fury, it gives it a more dramatic effect. I dunno, I like it better this way.

Good issue, when I finally got it. It's been almost two weeks since it came out and it's still not in my mailbox, I had to go out and buy it to read it. :?

I'm a little confused, what was Fury "testing" with Peter? Whether he could take out Vulture? Cuz he did, no problem. If he was testing whether they could trace the phone call that doesn't compute because Fury said he was specifically testing Spider-Man for something. Either way, I'm not liking Fury much anymore.
I'm kinda glad he loses his arm over in Ultimates.

Funny ending. I particularly like the cheezy dialogue from the Lifetime movie. :lol:

Jackie Estacado said:
what's a spider-slayer and who is the tinkerer? (in the 616 universe) :shock:
A Spider-Slayer was a machine designed by Dr. Spencer Smythe specificially constructed to kill Spider-Man. Smythe was paid by J. Jonah Jameson to get the project going and over the years there have been numerous subsequent Spider-Slayers (I think it's at Mark XIII now) and Spidey's destroyed them all. Tinkerer, or "The Terrible Tinkerer" as he's known in 616, is basically the repairman to the villain stars. He made Scorpion's suit and generally helped any technology-based villain. He's not seen much, but his role behind the scenes is vital.

Doc Comic said:
Tinkerer, or "The Terrible Tinkerer" as he's known in 616, is basically the repairman to the villain stars. He made Scorpion's suit and generally helped any technology-based villain. He's not seen much, but his role behind the scenes is vital.

oh wait, was he mentioned in Secret War (2004)?

gondee said:
Good issue, when I finally got it. It's been almost two weeks since it came out and it's still not in my mailbox, I had to go out and buy it to read it. :?

I'm a little confused, what was Fury "testing" with Peter? Whether he could take out Vulture? Cuz he did, no problem. If he was testing whether they could trace the phone call that doesn't compute because Fury said he was specifically testing Spider-Man for something. Either way, I'm not liking Fury much anymore.
I'm kinda glad he loses his arm over in Ultimates.

Racist.

Wow, what an interesting finish to his arc... I like how fast paced this issue felt... There was a lot to it but it didn't feel like that at all. Vulture is cool. Fury is nuts. Silver Sable is soft, but definitely cool. :)

Hey guy what are the chances of Alistair Smythe to apear in the Ultimate universe?

I mean he did creat some of the Spidy-slayers in the 616 universe and he is the Ultimate Spider-slayer(in 616 univers)

DIrishB said:
Give it time...I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

I know......But for some reason im thinking it will also have to do with recreating the super-soldire thing....seriosly though smythh is on of my fav bad guys..yet hell be the Ultimate ultimate spider-slayer

Latest posts

Back