Ultimate Spider-Man #90 discussion SPOILERS!!

Korinthian said:
Yet another inventor that makes robot suits for villains/heroes, how unique.

We already have one in the UU?

We already have one in the UU?

Aside from Reed, Tony Stark, that Rhino guy, Falcon, every country in Europe (Captain Lichtenstein etc) and SHIELD?

Let's face it, there will be more. And it's not like the idea is a new one either.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The "Magician" and Angel at the Mansion at the same time doesn't merit a page conversation guys. It's easily explained. Angel is still friends with the X-Men just not enrolled. If he can hangout there then that's why he's there at that time.

Pay attention. We were arguing over whether that was Angel or Magician in that panel due to the fact that they pretty much look the same, except for Angel having wings. I was positive it wasn't Angel merely because of the fact that no wings, nor a bulge in his shirt due to the wings being tucked under, are visible. Some thought it was Angel, but due to his leaving the school and going on an undercover mission for Xavier only two issues before(something which to me might perclude him "hanging out" at the mansion) and the Magician recently coming into the title (he'll be joining the team next issue of UXM, so this must take place after that), it makes the most sense for it to be the Magician. This is backed up by the fact that Rogue is present in the panel also, but she only recently returned to the school at the end of "Magnetic North".

Korinthian said:
Yet another inventor that makes robot suits for villains/heroes, how unique.

Vulture came off as just another guy in a suit without any personality whatsoever. Some agent standing there cloaked, ticking the dollars away, just to film the goings on? If they can invent Iron Man suits, they should be able to invent cameras that are small instead of invisible.

And what was Fury testing for?

The issue was entertaining, though, I liked the very tiny part of X-men/Peter interaction. Spider-man's jokes were amusing, although I get the feeling I have heard the "XXXXX? Who uses that word anymore?" quip a few times before (perhaps I'm just imagining things).

Art was okay. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

2.5 / 5

Oh, and to everyone that has given (or want to) this issue 5/5... how do you rate the best comic book you ever read (I assume this one wasn't)? 6/5? 7/5?

No offense, but if you want people to take your reviews seriously, you need to rethink your gradings. And make sure your motivation text match your grade. Half the time I read "The issue was okay. 5/5!!!!" which is confusing.

Also, I'd suggest using decimals and/or a 10 grade system.

I suggest you let people do their thing, you do yours, and we'll all be ok. How's that sound?

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Pay attention. We were arguing over whether that was Angel or Magician in that panel due to the fact that they pretty much look the same, except for Angel having wings. I was positive it wasn't Angel merely because of the fact that no wings, nor a bulge in his shirt due to the wings being tucked under, are visible. Some thought it was Angel, but due to his leaving the school and going on an undercover mission for Xavier only two issues before(something which to me might perclude him "hanging out" at the mansion) and the Magician recently coming into the title (he'll be joining the team next issue of UXM, so this must take place after that), it makes the most sense for it to be the Magician. This is backed up by the fact that Rogue is present in the panel also, but she only recently returned to the school at the end of "Magnetic North".
If that's The Magician, whose the kid in with the red hair sitting in the middle?

TheManWithoutFear said:
If that's The Magician, whose the kid in with the red hair sitting in the middle?

You mean afro-puff? Believe it or not, I think its supposed to be Bobby. Ice and I commented on that as well I believe, and how it didn't looke anything like him mainly due to the hair. Its only one panel though so I can forgive it.

irish said:
I suggest you let people do their thing, you do yours, and we'll all be ok. How's that sound?

Right.

I'll just carry on doing my thing then.

Was there more to your response to me than quoting my entire post?

And I thought me saying "no offense" would protect me from people taking my advice as a personal insult! Guess not, huh?

DIrishB said:
You mean afro-puff? Believe it or not, I think its supposed to be Bobby. Ice and I commented on that as well I believe, and how it didn't looke anything like him mainly due to the hair. Its only one panel though so I can forgive it.
:lol:

Korinthian said:
Right.

I'll just carry on doing my thing then.

Was there more to your response to me than quoting my entire post?

Other than what I wrote? No. It was a relatively simple thought and suggestion, one I didn't feel needed endless compounding and useless exposition...you know, like just about every one of your over-wrought posts.

And I thought me saying "no offense" would protect me from people taking my advice as a personal insult! Guess not, huh?

Would me calling you a ***-sucking goat and then saying "no offense" protect me from you thinking it was a personal insult? Not trying to say there's a parallel, just wondering.

irish said:
Would me calling you a ***-sucking goat and then saying "no offense" protect me from you thinking it was a personal insult?

Oh, you don't have to worry about offending me. I'm not as easily offended as other forumites.

Perhaps I should start a thread on how to not write a review, instead of blabbering away off-topic here.

People can love or hate this issue of Spider-Man and it won't affect me in the least, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one disregarding over-enthusiastic reviews (and people that are new at writing them would probably want to know what people think about their reviews. Deep down, at least).

Anyways, I hope to see more of Roxxon, incompetent guys with lots of power are great fun, and great fun is what should make up 30% of Spider-Man.

Korinthian said:
Oh, you don't have to worry about offending me. I'm not as easily offended as other forumites.

Damn!

Perhaps I should start a thread on how to not write a review, instead of blabbering away off-topic here.

Perhaps. Though in my personal experience its worked much better to show how to do something, as opposed how not to do it.

People can love or hate this issue of Spider-Man and it won't affect me in the least, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one disregarding over-enthusiastic reviews (and people that are new at writing them would probably want to know what people think about their reviews. Deep down, at least).

Ok.

Anyways, I hope to see more of Roxxon, incompetent guys with lots of power are great fun, and great fun is what should make up 30% of Spider-Man.

Yay!

TheManWithoutFear said:
This is Ultimate Central. Not Entertainment Weekly.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
irish said:
Perhaps. Though in my personal experience its worked much better to show how to do something, as opposed how not to do it.

That works, but I guess both combined would be best.

I really dislike when Ultimate issue discusson threads get off topic.

Really.

Latest posts

Back