Ultimate Spider-Man #93 discussion (spoilers)

vintsukka said:
Beezer said in this issue: "Deadpool is the nickname Sergeant Wadey Wilson picked up after his death-defying action in the Wakanda wars in the early nineties."

Was this the first mention of Wakanda in the UU? I don't remember it being mentioned anywhere else.

I'm sure it's just a throwaway line from Bendis, it's not like he's going to elaborate on the "Wakanda wars" any further, but still. Wouldn't mind Wakanda and Ultimate Black Panther making an appearance at some point.

I totally forgot to bring this up (Obviously, I wasn't the only one though.) I was totally geeking out when I read that line. Brilliant. And I'm willing to bet someone's gonna have the balls to elaborate on them somewhere down the line. I can't wait for an Ultimate Black Panther.

Ice said:
Who said BP is going to come in USM? Don't assume too early. You never know.

Yeah, I didn't say it'd be a USM spin-off with Spidey in it. In fact, I can't think of one legit scenerio where Spider-Man should be involved in Wakanda. a kid can only be kidnapped and end up in another country so many times in his life. Leave Ultimate Black Panther with the Ultimates.... Maybe the X-Men for a Storm/Panther nod.... or the Fantastic Four for some sort of technological scientific breakthrough mumbo jumbo.

The Wakanda Wars should be elaborated on. Perhaps this would help some of the stuff going on in the Fantastic Four... In terms of how we have all these resources and stuff. That would be kinda cool, right?

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
If Deadpool is not the shapshifter ill never read USM again. Lame villains, average ultimization, even worst ending.
I think it'll be more like they'll have some type of machine that gives them the disguises. So it'd be more than just Deadpool.

Ice said:
I think it'll be more like they'll have some type of machine that gives them the disguises. So it'd be more than just Deadpool.

As long as it has nothing to do with Xavier, I'm alright.

Finally got this issue today. I did like it, but I agree that there's just too much going on to really make this a good arc. Too much action is pinned into this forced "on the air" gimmick and I didn't particularly feel this issue. Plus, Deadpool is not that humorous and there's just too much going on in each page to really tell a coherent story.

One thing I did notice though, it's pretty much out in the open now that Spider-Man and Kitty are dating. They even acknowledge that "internet speculation seems to have been confirmed." Even if Kitty wanted to be "Spider Girl" to throw off the speculators, that wouldn't do any good. So the whole issue with Peter hanging out in public with Kitty is pretty much null and void.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I didn't realize there was an loose end involving resources in UFF.

I'm only talking about how they don't quite fit in with the continuity in the UU before they were ultimized.

That's what I have been saying... Kitty and Peter can't cover things up regardless of a new costume or new alias.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Bendis sort of hinted they would at least try that - but with the stuff on Krakoa hitting the internet and being broadcast to the world, that's completely out the window. If Bendis just glazes over this whole issue
to get the nice interaction between MJ and Kitty that he mentioned was upcoming a few months ago
, then that would be a disservice to fan intelligence (much like the Rogue thing this issue.)

TheManWithoutFear said:
616 Deadpool had an image inducer.

yes, and so does this deadpool. He used it to kidnap them by looking like x-men in the first place.

Man, what in God's name is all this Bendis-bashing for?!? I think the guy's good. He's consistantly good, even if he's only occasionally great. He and Bagley have taken this incarnation of Spidey a long way, and I enjoy this book more than I do any two of the core Spidey books put together. I haven't read ULTIMATE DEADPOOL yet,but I can't imagine it making me dislike what they've done.

I totally agree with you, JV. What I have been saying is that this arc does not fit with USM, but more with UXM... It feels like Spider-Man was just thrown in the mix because it's his title.

Latest posts

Back