Ultimate Spider-Man #98 Spoilers

Gouka Ryuu said:
Hi everyone! I have lurked here for a week or two

Welcome! There's a member intro thread in the Site News forum...check it out.

Victor Von Doom said:
I still doubt her actual importance to all this. I think she is just being thrown in there for shock value.

Or for that matter how they got a Gwen Stacey DNA sample or why the **** would they get one? I know J suggested it's all from "intelligent" Carnage having remaining memories of Gwen and it's plausible but it's just all soo lame. I agree that it's for shock value. I wish they didn't bring her back in any light and I ****in' hate clones.

Also: People don't seem to want to remember this...

But we never saw Carnage get thrown down the smokestack.

We all assume that Peter threw him down there, and not that he threw peter down after having absorbed his memories and strength...

Just remember that... And that Harry and Peter always were good friends...

And wouldn't Harry and Peter try to bring back Gwen? Harry had a crush on her, and Peter cared a lot about her... Couldnt that have gotten Harry to overcome his desire to kill Peter.

Is the big villain of this story arc going to be the Original Peter Parker?

Dr.Strangefate said:

We all assume that Peter threw him down there, and not that he threw peter down after having absorbed his memories and strength...

And wouldn't Harry and Peter try to bring back Gwen? Harry had a crush on her, and Peter cared a lot about her... Couldnt that have gotten Harry to overcome his desire to kill Peter.

I thought Flash had a crush on her

Dr.Strangefate said:

I pray to God it isn't.

But I bet it is. And the letter's page to the last issue of the clone saga is just going to say, "Suckers! That's the big reveal! I got you to buy 100 issues for nothing! It wasn't worth it! Hah! THE END"

Although, and I know this is a stretch, this would definitely show him why he had the complete change in personality after the Carnage storyarc. Also: If someone wants to throw a bone to Bendis, It could explain why the passion he used to put into the character of peter has somehow evaporated... If there was an imposter in the central role of your series, you might not be able to give him as much, knowing that the real deal is going to come back at some point.

Honestly, I hope that's the case, so this series can start being one of the best out there again.

The other thing, is if Harry is involved, don't you think the Psychologist who brainwashed him might come into play...

You know... A Dr. Miles Warren. AKA The Jackal... the main villain of the original Clone Saga.

Gouka Ryuu said:
Hi everyone! I have lurked here for a week or two but feeling I have read this issue, the first Ultimate Spider-Man I ever bought, I wanted to comment on some things being said.

I kind of like this idea but you have to flesh out where the cloner got Gwen's DNA, that is a big hole. It is still an interesting theory.

I really like this idea the only downside is that it would make Spider-Girl Peter's daughter.I doubt the editors would want Peter aged that much. I still really like the idea.

Now that Carnage idea I find really cool. Just because Peter tossed it into a smokestack doesn't mean it couldn't have survived. Also if Peter got cut or something during the fight Carnage could have gotten enough blood from Peter to perhaps stabalize itself. I really like it.

All in all though I actually enjoyed Spider-Girl. I hope she sticks around after the Clone Saga. I can see it now:

Peter: Aunt May I want you to meet my twin sister which you never knew about.

May: Uh, what?!

Welcome!

Also, is Miles Warren supposed to be fitting in somewhere? Could he be doing all of this with Ben Reilly and Norman Osborn?

Goodwill said:
The scene with MJ never showed the face of the figure... So we're not sure we're dealing with anymore than one clone...

There has to be more than one clone, because The Scorpion we last saw was with the FF. Bearing in mind Peter was fighting him while MJ was kidnapped then there has to be more than one.

ultimatedjf said:
Well, wasn't Miles just recently on a date with Aunt May or something?
Yeah at the end of Deadpool, she had left a message telling Peter the date was going well and she was staying at his for wrinkly old person sex....

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
Yeah at the end of Deadpool, she had left a message telling Peter the date was going well and she was staying at his for wrinkly old person sex....

Welp, she has been acting pretty strange. I mean, at the beginning of USM #97, it's morning and Peter's eating Froot Loops, and then May walks in talking about "it's time for hoagies" and what not. :shock: :shock: Omg!!1111

ultimatedjf said:
Welp, she has been acting pretty strange. I mean, at the beginning of USM #97, it's morning and Peter's eating Froot Loops, and then May walks in talking about "it's time for hoagies" and what not. :shock: :shock: Omg!!1111

Only robots eat hoagies in the morning...

Aunt May's a robot!!

I don't think Harry or Norman is involved in this at all, being as both of them are locked up and either of them having escaped would have had Fury immediately notifying Peter of such.

Ben Reilly or Miles Warren started this, I'd bet. And the clones took over.

Shockmuffin said:
I don't think Harry or Norman is involved in this at all, being as both of them are locked up and either of them having escaped would have had Fury immediately notifying Peter of such.

I dunno, last time Peter and Fury 'had communication' it didn't go too well...

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
I dunno, last time Peter and Fury 'had communication' it didn't go too well...

But he still wants peter for the ultimates. Fury's a grown man. I doubt he would act like a child and endanger someone's life.

Peter bad, me no likey! Me know gobylin man out of Trisket but I dowanna tell him. uh uhn

Alright, I'm a little new to this but anyhow.....
I think that this "spider-woman" could actually be the ultimate version of the scarlet spider. Though Ben Riley probably isnt going to be the scarlet spidey, i think he could've mixed a bit of his DNA with peter's, thus tying him into the clone saga a little more. Also, spider-woman has a sense of vengence similar to the scarlet spider of mainstream.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Although, and I know this is a stretch, this would definitely show him why he had the complete change in personality after the Carnage storyarc. Also: If someone wants to throw a bone to Bendis, It could explain why the passion he used to put into the character of peter has somehow evaporated... If there was an imposter in the central role of your series, you might not be able to give him as much, knowing that the real deal is going to come back at some point.

I doubt Bendis is making the "evil" Peter the original non-cloned one. The idea that an imposter has been the star of the story the whole time would piss off everyone.

I just remembered though; didn't Morbius say Peter couldn't become a vampire because of something with his blood. Everyone assumed this was because of the spider DNA. I know this is support for theory I don't like but I felt it would increase discussion.

Latest posts

Back