Ultimate Spider-Man #98 Spoilers

Titan said:
Read the issue. It was very good. The Part with the FF was great, and the story still has me on the edge of my seat. Very good :D

Yeah. That's one thing the Clone Saga has been good at - it keeps you guessing. You can see it most especially in this issue - there's just this huge mystery building that will know will eventually fall into place by the end. This is honestly some of the best work I've seen on the title since Black Cat first appeared. :)

I dont dig the idea that main peter since the carnage ark is a clone since before carnage fell he turned red(i just re-red it)

Do you think Nick Fury might suspect that this peter is an imposter? Could that be the reason why he's testing him? even if there is an imposter, i don't think the real peter was behind the cloning. he's smart, but not a super-genuis like reed richards.

Ultxon said:
DAmn, So that is what happens if MJ gets spider-powers. Yowza! Makes perfect sense.

http://www.spyder-25.com/issues/new_mangaverse_01/new_mangaverse_01_06.jpg
She's also Sunfire's lesbian lover in one Exile's arc. As Spider-Woman.
darkspider16 said:
Do you think Nick Fury might suspect that this peter is an imposter? Could that be the reason why he's testing him? even if there is an imposter, i don't think the real peter was behind the cloning. he's smart, but not a super-genuis like reed richards.
Or it could be the "you're woring for us when you're 18" thing coming back? Every day that passes is one day closer to the day that Nick Fury can own his ***. I'd want to start training ahead of time too so that he can be put to work immediately when he turns 18, instead of needing extensive training before he can do field work.

And I think a lot of Peter's "genius" is in his own head. Figuring out one chemistry problem does not a genius make. He randomly up and steals the Venom suit... why? Because he suddenly thinks he's a biochemist and can accomplish something entirely outside of his range of expertise just to prove himself to his father's corpse?

Victor Von Doom said:
I disagree. Here's why---

Blah blah blah...

Cut the point and say it. Because it's ****ing stupid!!

You have every teen in the title runnin' around with powers and it's just as cool as Lana Lang being a witch in smallville. Oh, you don't watch Smallville? Then you don't realize just how bad this could get.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Blah blah blah...

You have every teen in the title runnin' around with powers and it's just as cool as Lana Lang being a witch in smallville. Oh, you don't watch Smallville? Then you don't realize just how bad this could get.

I'm just tryin' to break it to the kids gently. :lol:

But yeah---in a nutshell....it's stupid.

The Smallville/Lana analogy is perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Blah blah blah...

Dude, chill out.

VVD- best not call anyone anything like that. I know you didn't say anyone specifically.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
But yeah---in a nutshell....it's stupid.

The Smallville/Lana analogy is perfect.
I think what people aren't getting is that Spider-Man's character shouldn't be treated like he was a mutant.

The rule seems to be that mutants date/marry/"get involved with" other mutants, or at least super powered characters. The common justification being that only someone with powers can truly understand them. Everyone seems to accept it. The difference between them and Spider-Man is his duality. Mutants are themselves all the time, even when they fight villians. The difference with spidey is that he is both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. They're just different characters. MJ is a part of Peter Parkers character, if she got powers she that would make her a part of Spider-Man's character. And I just can't see that working.

the ultimate clone saga is getting better
-the reaction of peter that he has a clone: natural
-the return of gwen: spoiled thanks marvel
-the fight between spider-girl and peter was well done
could it be that tarantula is an adult spider-man clone(thinking of the strength that spiderman has now as a 15 year old...:scared: to :dead:

I think the clone who locked up MJ is the new Carnage. We know that Carnage can take the form of Peter's dad, since the Venom suit is based on his DNA. They covered his face to make it not so obvious. Perhaps the next Carnage is now more intelligent, but still mentally unstable since he shares Peter's memories but not the same personality or rationale in his actions.

i was just thinkin'

back in the venom arc peter threw that sample of the venom suit into that industrial smokestack

then in the carnage arc peter threw carnage into another one

what if they were the same one and they got mixed somehow allowing the carnage creature to sustain itself for long enough so it would become richard parker again but the suit gives it enough of a power boost so that it gives him richard parker's, peter's, and doc connors intelligence now the creature knows what it needs to do create a bunch of clones to sustain itself but the clones break out and wreak havik on peters life

well i think #99 will have the Tarantula near the end. so far they have introduced a clone in each part of the clone saga ( scorpion and gwen, and maybe spider-woman, if she is a clone - big likelyhood there). carnage appearing is probably one of the surprise endings #100, tho i think he'll appear as richard parker, making everyone think he somehow survived the plave crash. they did say peter would learn more about his parents' deaths.

Last edited:
Why are we assuming that Gwen is a clone? It's highly probable, yes, but what if the Gwen that died was actually the clone? Like, someone had this particular "saga" spinning since before it actually started in the numerical issues?

Goodwill said:
Why are we assuming that Gwen is a clone? It's highly probable, yes, but what if the Gwen that died was actually the clone? Like, someone had this particular "saga" spinning since before it actually started in the numerical issues?
well the 616 gwen was cloned, so there's the possibilty that they may follow. of course we won't know more till #99. but this brings up the question, where was the real gwen?

Absolutely. Something was lost in translation along the line and, instead of assuming that it just happened, we need to ask where did things get fishy with Gwen...

there are so many possibilities to that though. it's safe to assume that she's dead for the moment, since we know nothing otherwise.

Latest posts

Back