Ultimate Spider-Man #98 Spoilers

Dr.Strangefate said:
Although, and I know this is a stretch, this would definitely show him why he had the complete change in personality after the Carnage storyarc.
Growing up after having your housemate die? o_O

I have more for my scarlet spider theory. Spider-woman is RED. not only that, but when she hit peter with the web, it seemed stronger and more forceful then normal webbing. In fact, i believe it's "impact webbing", just like what the scarlet spider invented.

darkspider16 said:
I have more for my scarlet spider theory. Spider-woman is RED. not only that, but when she hit peter with the web, it seemed stronger and more forceful then normal webbing. In fact, i believe it's "impact webbing", just like what the scarlet spider invented.
Uh, she's purple in the comics. Just red on the cover.
shespider1.jpg
And we've seen other opponents get blown into a wall or whatnot when they get webbed. Given that the Suit produced a superior version of Peter's webbing upon his mental command, it's not unlikely that she's able to project it with more force than Peter's mechanical webshooters when she's irritated with him.

Last edited:
Well, scarlet is a reddish-purple, vice versa. and it was at night within a dark warehouse, so it wouldn't be red then. besides, if this is the clone saga, doesn't she seem like the most likely canidate for ultimate scarlet spider? supposedly, she is a clone, and so far the only one donning a spider-costume. it doesn't seem likely that they eliminated him from the arc, even though Ben Reilly has already been introduced. Would you say carnage is a clone, since he came from a part of peter and was co-created by reilly? Unless Ben Reily has some hidden powers he hasnt shown yet. of course there is another possiblity.....

the blood sample that norman took from peter? during that time he had miles warren working for him. what if he had warren take the sample and create a clone of peter, who would have his exact powers. the only difference between them would be their feartures, for reilly would have someone else's dna in them.....maybe osborn's?

One thing that I think Bendis should watch is the number of clones. Sure, it's a given that this is the Clone Saga and that there will be a number of clones, but there needs to be a point where it's enough. We can't have Peter clones coming in droves.

darkspider16 said:
Well, scarlet is a reddish-purple, vice versa. and it was at night within a dark warehouse, so it wouldn't be red then.
Uh... according to Color Picker, Marvel traditionally uses the same red and blue on Scarlet Spider that it does on Spider-Man's costume.
darkspider16 said:
besides, if this is the clone saga, doesn't she seem like the most likely canidate for ultimate scarlet spider?
'Cept for the fact that Bendis called her Spider-Woman in the "look for the following in the Clone Saga" interviews.
darkspider16 said:
supposedly, she is a clone, and so far the only one donning a spider-costume.
She's a clone says where? Just because my own theory depends on it does not make it factually so.
darkspider16 said:
it doesn't seem likely that they eliminated him from the arc, even though Ben Reilly has already been introduced.
We're getting Spider-Woman, possibly Spider-Girl, Scorpion, Tarantula, and maybe some others. We don't need Scarlet Spider.
darkspider16 said:
Would you say carnage is a clone, since he came from a part of peter and was co-created by reilly? Unless Ben Reily has some hidden powers he hasnt shown yet. of course there is another possiblity...
He's shown Richard Parker's face when he reached his final form. So no, not a clone of Peter even though it does include Peter's DNA. The Suit contained Richard's DNA and both went into Carnage. So really, Carnage is kinda like Peter and his father's homosexual love child.
darkspider16 said:
the blood sample that norman took from peter? during that time he had miles warren working for him. what if he had warren take the sample and create a clone of peter, who would have his exact powers. the only difference between them would be their feartures, for reilly would have someone else's dna in them.....maybe osborn's?
Because... violating the ISTB because Nick Fury wants you to is one layer of illegality. Creating human clones, something that even SHIELD won't touch, is a whole new barrel of jail time.

Last edited:
Gouka Ryuu said:
I doubt Bendis is making the "evil" Peter the original non-cloned one. The idea that an imposter has been the star of the story the whole time would piss off everyone.

I just remembered though; didn't Morbius say Peter couldn't become a vampire because of something with his blood. Everyone assumed this was because of the spider DNA. I know this is support for theory I don't like but I felt it would increase discussion.

Also this also happend in the first Clone saga where they said Ben Really was the real Peter.....and we all know how that turned out

I just found out Carnage returns in issue 102

Btw what are the Chances of an Ultimate-Spider-Carnage?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ugh!! Stop this train of thought now. It's never gonna happen. And posters here at Ultimate Central should never even entertain the thought of it happening. Because it's LAME!!!

Well, yeah, it is lame.... but it makes more sense than anything else that's being suggested.

But everyone is wrong by calling this shadowy figure evil... So far the only person he's targeted has been Peter. We don't know his motives... Only that, A) for some reason, he wanted MJ, B) for some reason, he sent a derranged Spiderman clone in a Scorpion Costume after Peter/MJ. And that he's a 94% DNA match with the current Peter.

Here's my major reasoning in thinking that the main character since the Carnage Arc has been an imposter:

If one of the clones, built under the same principles that created Carnage Peter, had his DNA tested with Peter's, there would only be a 75% DNA match at most, because Carnage was created using a combination of Peter's contaminated DNA (part spider, part Mr. Parker, part Mrs. Parker), and Mr. Parker's DNA...

A 94% match implies that the current Peter's DNA is the same as this cloned Peter, save a few small Genetic Modifications (such as the ones that allow him to control his tail...). For that to be true, either the current Peter was Carnage, and isn't identical to the original Peter on the genetic scale... Or whomever is behind the scenes figured out how to make the artificial embryo to react without using Mr. Parker's blood which was necessary with the original.

Also: if the Symbiote was originally designed to Cure Cancer... to essentially reverse the rapid multiplication of cells in the body... Do you think it could also undo the rapid deterioration of cells... thus reversing Gwen's death?

Is this where the real Peter has been for all of this time? In the abandoned Oscorp labs trying to use his father's technology to bring Gwen back from the dead? Rather than mope around about it, wouldn't the original peter have figured that if the Symbiote took away life, that it could give it as well... Also, if he was able to recover from one of Carnage's soul sucking touches, perhaps he used the Oscorp technology to recreate the accident that created him with Gwen...

Am I the only one who is convinced she's the new Spider Woman?

So he succeeds and decides he's ready to take his life back from his imposter... He captures MJ first because he needs to apologize for being gone these past few months, but that he hopes she understands. And that now he has to kill the current peter for having caused all this trouble in the first place. (this is speculation, based on the Original Clone Saga, and all the clues laid out on the table).

Honestly, I bet Scorpion was a test-drive. I bet he was just an unstable clone who Real-Peter sent to capture MJ... Carnage-Peter then stopped Scorpion, and Real-Peter just went to do the job himself.

I think the Morbius thing is just another clue that I hadn't thought of... It all leads to the same conclusion... This Peter Parker isn't the original Peter.

Last edited:
I still think we're wrong in assuming that A) Peter's clone is behind all of this B) He was the one who captured MJ. There could be a number of explanations for this... Including the one I'm sticking to - it's not a clone of Peter Parker, but Harry Osborn. He might have all of these clones doing what he so chooses.

Sadly,though most of these arguments have a lot of relevant data to back them up, we have to still wait a good length of time, September?, before the next issue comes out and gives us somekind of answer. I do have to say the Carnage-Imposter theory iss looking more convincing and would be a big twist; not only does it change the way anyone can look at USM but is a big twist on what the origanal clone saga was. I still need more info before I can back anything up though.

Thanks for the Welcome guys! This place looked fun from what I saw. The fact that there are a lot of people with sarcasm here means that this is my kind of place.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Ugh!! Stop this train of thought now. It's never gonna happen. And posters here at Ultimate Central should never even entertain the thought of it happening. Because it's LAME!!!

I hate Clones.

It's not like the book has been written using good choices lately.

Play nice.

Yeah, I don't even think the shadowy figure is behind it all. I got the feeling that someone lost control of these clones and they're all running around doing their own thing at this point. Maybe one's like Scorpion still work for someone but others are just wandering. I wonder if shadowy figure

A. Wants to kill Peter

or

B. Give MJ powers

MJ with powers?

Depends on how it's done of course. But it's not a bad idea. And it would help bridge a gap between MJ and Pete.

MJ has had powers in other universes before (Exiles, Amalgam, the horrid Mangaverse). Ultimate Universe IS another universe and it's fully within their power to alter MJ as they see fit.

And I still don't think it's a bad idea...as long as it's done good. I would hate for her to have the same powers as Pete and if clones would do that to her for some reason (twisted want to protect her, so make her stronger) she might be stuck with Pete's powers.

Again not a bad idea, just a risky idea that could easily fail and be retconned into that MJ being a clone later.

Don't you love the nonsense clones add to a whole universe?

Foolsfolly said:
MJ with powers?

Depends on how it's done of course. But it's not a bad idea. And it would help bridge a gap between MJ and Pete.

I disagree. Here's why---

MJ doesn't need powers. Her character here in the UU doesn't warrant the need to have 'em. For MJ to get powers would be to **** up the dynamic of her role in the UU. Her having them would not bring the gap between her Peter. It would merely drive the wedge between them even more.

She is Peter's anchor to the world of normalcy. She is what keeps Peter being Peter. Sure he has May....but if MJ were to get powers that takes her out of "normal Peter Parker world" and thrusts her into "Crazy Spiderman world". He needs her there....normal....human, in able to latch onto and keep him sane. Without her---why even bother being Peter Parker? Why not just be Spiderman?

So no. She needs to stay as is.

You may have just convinced me there dude.

Besides I kinda like Ultimate MJ better than any other MJ, one of the better things Bendis has added to the Ultimate Universe.

But reguardless of our opinions...does Bendis share our opinion? Will he give MJ powers? Or is this just another damsel in distess plot?

Clone Saga's definately going to have readership...reguardless of how we're going to feel about it once it's over.

(and I think Bendis will have these effects hanging over the title for the next 100 issues! So if this goes bad...Ultimate Spidey might not be worth reading anymore)

Read the issue. It was very good. The Part with the FF was great, and the story still has me on the edge of my seat. Very good :D

Latest posts

Back