Ultimate Spider-Man #98 Spoilers

hey, since marvel says that the clone saga will begin a new chapter in peter's life, don't you think his personality will change a little??

I seem to have read somewhere that the whole Vampire/Morbius thing should be a bigger arc leading into issue 100.

Is this true? The two vampire issues we got seemed totally disjointed and pointless so i'm wondering if they cut it short for whatever reason and moved the Clone story ahead to have something big for the big 100.

FPAlpha said:
I seem to have read somewhere that the whole Vampire/Morbius thing should be a bigger arc leading into issue 100.

Is this true? The two vampire issues we got seemed totally disjointed and pointless so i'm wondering if they cut it short for whatever reason and moved the Clone story ahead to have something big for the big 100.

Nah- Morbius was filler arc, placed there to get Clone Saga on issue 100. However, there were old interviews that stated Silver Sable and Morbius as the arcs leading to 100.

If anything cut Morbius short, its Deadpool.

darkspider16 said:
hey, since marvel says that the clone saga will begin a new chapter in peter's life, don't you think his personality will change a little??

Well, if you were cloned and didn't know it, how would you react for the rest of your life?

:)

ultimatedjf said:
It depends. What if I had the odd social mannerisms of a Brian Bendis that he tends to put into all of his comics?

You mean like Tuchas? I hear that everywhere his name is on.

Sacred&Profane said:
If anything cut Morbius short, its Deadpool.
I would have rather have Morbius over Deadpool anyday. If Bendis ever brings Daedpool back,( if the scene of him standing there smoking is any hint)he better make up for the first arc. Deadpool could become a great villian if he was worked on. and drop the reavers.

I think the Morbius arc will carry SOME weight in the Clone Saga... It strongly suggested that Peter was a different animal than even a vampire... The Vampires thought Peter was the one that was weird. There is obviously more to that than what we know now. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but, since Peter's got a different kind of blood... He's, well, weird. :)

Also, I was snooping on another forum and someone asked this brilliant question - why didn't Peter just bring Scorpion to Xavier? He could have snooped around in his mind a bit and gotten better answers...

ultimatedjf said:
It depends. What if I had the odd social mannerisms of a Brian Bendis that he tends to put into all of his comics?

You mean voice tics and suddenly collapsing into Yiddish slang?

What is with the Yiddish!

Also, I was snooping on another forum and someone asked this brilliant question - why didn't Peter just bring Scorpion to Xavier? He could have snooped around in his mind a bit and gotten better answers...

Point! Except Xavier would lie and say he'll never do something like that...then brainwash Magneto again. lol.

But really. Yeah makes way more sense than revealing himself to the Four. The X-Men already know who he is, and his girlfriend is with them.

But the X-Men are promised to tie in somewhere somehow.

God USM feels so much like a Team Up Book like every other arc he's teaming up with someone!

Foolsfolly said:
God USM feels so much like a Team Up Book like every other arc he's teaming up with someone!

Exactly. The book was much better when it was about Peter Parker.

Foolsfolly said:
What is with the Yiddish!

Point! Except Xavier would lie and say he'll never do something like that...then brainwash Magneto again. lol.

But really. Yeah makes way more sense than revealing himself to the Four. The X-Men already know who he is, and his girlfriend is with them.

But the X-Men are promised to tie in somewhere somehow.

maybe he feels uneasy with the team after the deapool arc.

Hibiki said:
maybe he feels uneasy with the team after the deapool arc.
I think even Bendis is trying to forget about the deadpool arc.

I could actually see someone start ask Bendis about the deadpool arc in a panel discussion and having his response be "never happened, next question."

E said:
Exactly. The book was much better when it was about Peter Parker.

MAYBE...MAYBE!

After Pete breaks up with Kitty and goes back to MJ the title will go back to Peter Parker and dealing with the burden of Spider-Man.

I LOVED THIS BOOK back from the second arc to the Carnage arc. Since then it's been hit and miss. And most of the team up arcs have been total miss.

MaxwellSmart said:
I think even Bendis is trying to forget about the deadpool arc.

I could actually see someone start ask Bendis about the deadpool arc in a panel discussion and having his response be "never happened, next question."

yeah sounds like that family guy episode when brian is asking that german guy why history between 1939 and 1945 are not shown. And he says, "we were on vacation."

Hibiki said:
yeah sounds like that family guy episode when brian is asking that german guy why history between 1939 and 1945 are not shown. And he says, "we were on vacation."
"I vill hear no more insinuations about ze german people! Nusing bad happened."

MaxwellSmart said:
"I vill hear no more insinuations about ze german people! Nusing bad happened."

I love that part. Brian rocks. Everytime you talk I hear his voice. I don't know if you sip martinis though.

Hibiki said:
I love that part. Brian rocks. Everytime you talk I hear his voice. I don't know if you sip martinis though.
I know a guy named Brian who's got a personality to match the character. One of time I just said, "you know what Brian. You'd make a great cartoon dog."

MaxwellSmart said:
I know a guy named Brian who's got a personality to match the character. One of time I just said, "you know what Brian. You'd make a great cartoon dog."

lol, back on topic i suppose. I'm tired of my posts being deleted. I think spidey will kill a clone. Don't know why, but I think it would add more to his character.

Goodwill said:
How about the fact that the X-Men are way up in Westchester and the FF are in town, presumably fairly close to the mall?

Latest posts

Back